NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Serebii

New Miyamoto IP (2014)

I wonder, I really wonder.

Personally, I don't expect much from his new 'IP', because of his focus during the Wii years.

Though I do still think that he can create something magical gameplay wise.

Something inspired by his involvement in his neighbourhood perhaps.

Something to rival Animal Crossing :laughing:

Ha, nothing can rival AC for me right now!

I wonder in addition, what would happen if they instead got a Miyamoto IP, but released it under a pseudonym? Remove all the hype? They never would, because he's a big brand in himself, but I wonder.

I wish Sakurai could be working on more new IPs tbh, he's my second god after Miyamoto in the gaming world; given the opportunity maybe he could make something great?

Miyamoto and Sakurai are so damn fine that I wish I could plant them in the ground so I could grow a whole field of them.

My wonder would be, as mad as it sounds, do we think Miyamoto still has it? Could he still, with all the pressure hype and expecatation, really manage to make something as groundbreaking and world-rocking as Mario, Zelda, or to an extent Pikmin?

I honestly doubt he still wants to. On a personal level, I like and respect Miyamoto as much as ever, but all creative people change the types of thing they want to express. Miyamoto has said before that he was once fascinated by 3D worlds (and presumably isn't now), which is what once got us games like Ocarina of Time. Realistically, I doubt he wants to do that sort of game nowadays.

I honestly doubt he still wants to.

Mate, this is so brief and so simple, yet I think it might also be so straightforward. I don't want to doubt him or owt, but that sort sweet sentence is enough to kinda some it all up, no? I think deep down, I probably think the same. It's not a doubt on lack of talent, but just...well...maybe he doesn't want to? It's weird. It seems so simple but complex at the same time.

I honestly doubt he still wants to. On a personal level, I like and respect Miyamoto as much as ever, but all creative people change the types of thing they want to express. Miyamoto has said before that he was once fascinated by 3D worlds (and presumably isn't now), which is what once got us games like Ocarina of Time. Realistically, I doubt he wants to do that sort of game nowadays.

Totally agree. I mean Nintendo seems to be heading in a completely different direction nowadays, so expecting them to suddenly do a U-turn is not realistic at all. Like you said, Miyamoto has lived through his 3D-worlds and most probably wants to focus on other new ideas now. Just think on his comment on F-Zero: "what new could we possibly have in a sequel?" Same goes with Starfox and company: he doesn't want to do more sequels but come up with new gameplay ideas. Just like with Super Mario 3D World: the 4-player 3D-gameplay is the whole point of the game, not the fact that it's a Mario game.

So the new IP then...I'd expect it to be something like a new Brain Training, Wii Fit or Nintendogs, i.e. an outside-the-box design of some sort.

Could this be it?

Mysterious Pet: Legend of the Fish With A Human Face sounds like weird enough. Or maybe it's something else, like the article suggests.

Could this be it?

Mysterious Pet: Legend of the Fish With A Human Face sounds like weird enough. Or maybe it's something else, like the article suggests.

Could be, but to be honest, I reckon it's more likely to be a new Seaman game.

Hopefully not. I would like to see a traditional style game come from him. Was Pikmin the last good traditional new IP he made?

Chibi robo?...was that him?

Chibi robo?...was that him?

Nah, he was just the producer. The director and creator was Kenichi Nishi. He did help the development of the title though.

Then again, Miyamoto hasn't directed a game since Ocarina of Time. I doubt he would be in this new game either, whether it comes out in 2014 or not.

Sign in to follow this