NEurope

Finished palace #4.

A very swift resolution to the issue at hand. Felt a bit too rushed.
It was kinda sweet, though :)

Anyways, made quick work of the palace, i.e. spent two days with it. I now should have quite some time for other activities.

Managed to get Temperance to rank 10, create all Personas up to level 33 and get most of my character traits to rank 4 :peace:

Can't wait to see where the story's going now. It's a shame that your (maybe full?) party gets spoiled by the boxart/PS5 game image. Still, it's gonna be interesting to see how these characters will get involved with the Phantom Thieves.

30 hours in, my bond with the game keeps growing stronger :p

Spoiler

Seeing the group helping Futaba was so heartwarming :)

Gotta say, everything about the fourth palace was awesome. The story, the palace itself, the resolution (it was a bit rushed, though) and the "aftermath".

Really happy I stuck with the game. This is the polar opposite of my experience with Xenoblade Chronicles 2. Instead of going from a 10/10 to "urgh, get away from me" approx. 20 hour in, Persona 5 went from "hm, not sure about this" to "can't put it down."

james-franco-so-good-1.gif

• Like 1

Palace 5 has a banger track :cool:

That is all. *goes back to playing*

• Like 1

Had a bit of a break from Persona 5 but just finished the fifth palace. Not he best. Great song, though. And a nice way to further push the overarching plot, even if it's just more questions than answers :D

Other than that: Maxed out all character traits and a few confidants, Joker is an absolute ladies man and jerk (seriously...dating more than one lady at once? You're better than that :p) and I farmed 6 million yen while also completing all requests I had available in Mementos.

45 hours in, halfway through October ingame and I have no idea when it's nearing the end :laughing:

Edited by drahkon

33 minutes ago, drahkon said:

Had a bit of a break from Persona 5 but just finished the fifth palace. Not he best. Great song, though. And a nice way to further push the overarching plot, even if it's just more questions than answers :D

Other than that: Maxed out all character traits and a few confidants, Joker is an absolute ladies man and jerk (seriously...dating more than one lady at once? You're better than that :p) and I farmed 6 million yen while also completing all requests I had available in Mementos.

45 hours in, halfway through October ingame and I have no idea when it's nearing the end :laughing:

You realise you decide who you date right? Don’t blame Joker for you being horny!

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

You realise you decide who you date right? Don’t blame Joker for you being horny!

Well, I thought choosing the answers that would lead to love would help in increasing the confidant ranks. I did it for maxing out the ranks, not for love :p

35 minutes ago, drahkon said:

Well, I thought choosing the answers that would lead to love would help in increasing the confidant ranks. I did it for maxing out the ranks, not for love :p

Nope, you max out regardless and love in the game just leads to lower stats due to STDs unfortunately. It makes the final boss almost impossible as the main character keeps stopping to itch.

I ended up with Futaba on my run. By the end I did slightly regret not going for the Royal exclusive girl instead but she doesn't really get interesting until the Royal exclusive content at the end so at the time she didn't seem worth my characters time. He needed a woman who understood him.

Reached the 6th palace last night. SHIT'S GOING DOWN MAN.
Currently sitting in the lab, waiting for some stuff. I want to be at home and play the game :(

My plan for now is to complete all available requests in Mementos before tackling the palace, as is tradition :D

Thankfully, it'll be a short day at the lab so I hope I can get a marathon session going later today.

• Like 2

Palace 6 has been conquered...

tenor.gif

Spoiler

Well, it was kinda obvious who's the culprit. And believe or not: I did notice the "pancake incident" and my reaction was: "AAAHAAAA, you idiot!" :laughing:

What I didn't expect was the amazing plan the group came up with. Incredible stuff :D

Man...thank goodness I stuck with Persona 5. What a game this is.

I do wonder how the story will conclude, though. Seems like it'll just go through the motions, but I could imagine that...

Spoiler

...Akechi will try to finish off Shido. He is an arrogant, self-absorbed prick who wants to be famous and loved by everyone, after all. No way he'll "just focus on his studies" :p

Well...sadly I won't be able to play more until Sunday. :( But I guess there won't be much left.

Maxed out all of my confidant ranks aside from one and the few that you can't actually influence. I think I'll take a look at the trophies soon to see what I need to do before I reach the end. I will get the Platinum. Persona 5 deserves it :D

• Like 1

Cool glimpsing through your evolving feelings on this game @drahkon - I started this a couple years ago, liked what I played (particularly vibes-wise) but didn't stick with it as I found the first palace / combat a bit tedious / repetitive. Nice to see you pushed through and wound up loving it - I think i'll return to it one day!

• Like 1

Phew, palace #7 sure is a slog...

Well, I have today off so beating it is on my list :D

4 minutes ago, drahkon said:

Well, I have today off so beating it is on my list :D

Yeah that one is made a lot easier in Royal.

3 hours ago, drahkon said:

...and the boss was, too. Talk about multiple phases :laughing:

SP Adhesive 3 is so OP...been playing the game on hard for quite a while and only once had some difficulty when Joker got enraged and attacked an enemy who reflects physical hits...immediately dead.
With SP regeneration I can just spam healing spells with Makoto and every fight ends in a victory. The boss of the 7th palace just took way too long.

Now I'm waiting for the end. Still have 3 ingame weeks, to go.

Already cleaned up some trophies (fishing, infiltration tools, books, video games and also the infamous Passionate Listener trophy :D).
A few more requests, the Persona compendium, the final two confidant ranks (which I assume/hope I'll max out soon automatically sometime soon) and the story related trophies are left.

• Like 1

Ohhh boy, I had a lot of time left after finishing the 7th palace :laughing:
Had to pretty much sleep through two weeks 'cause there was nothing left to do...

Compendium is now at 98% and according to a list I found I have to wait until I'm almost done with the story and NG+ to complete it. Other than that it's now just a matter of finishing the game.

I also looked up how to create a powerful Persona and I found a useful guide. After a bit of fusing (and spending a shit ton of money) I'm now a proud owner of a level 99 Persona that can absorb a few elements and has a super strong physical skill. Haven't used it, yet, but it should carry me through the remainder of the game (I also have another level 99 Persona with access to a few elemental spells just in case). :D

• Like 2

Credits have rolled.

Not a huge fan of how the story evolved after the 7th palace. I think it was pretty unnecessary, but that's mainly 'cause I would've enjoyed another more personal story (or to have the game end after palace #7 had resolved).

I did love the aesthetics of the final dungeon/enemies/bosses, though. Shame that I never had to fight against anything other than the bosses as me being at level 99 meant that ambushing enemies killed them instantly :laughing:
Nothing to be mad about, though, because the game became ridiculously easy over time, anyways. Especially with that one accessory I mentioned in some of my previous posts. And that ultra strong Persona I created was way too good :D

Soooo, what do I think about the game?
Overall I'd say it's a great one. 9/10.

It's a quirky, yet surprisingly deep story which eventually was a bit too "out there", for my taste.
As a JRPG + visual novel it excels in pretty much every aspect. I did have to push through the first 25 hours, mostly because I hated the fact that whenever a new activity was introduced you immediately got locked out of it for a while. Once you were taught everything, the game got so much more enjoyable. Couldn't put it down, at times.

Sadly, some palaces overstayed their welcome and especially the final dungeon was a little long. This and the first 20-25 hours mean that I have to take one point off :p

Still...very happy I played and finished it. Almost a masterpiece. Definitely one of the best games out there :)

As for the Platinum: Apparently I need to play through NG+ for a while to have access to what I need to do for the remaining few trophies. Not today, though. Had a massive gaming session after work and need a break :D There's also the fact that I have to watch Bayern Munich get eliminated from the Champions League in a few minutes :(

Edited by drahkon
  • Like 2

On 4/13/2021 at 8:21 PM, drahkon said:

As for the Platinum: Apparently I need to play through NG+ for a while to have access to what I need to do for the remaining few trophies.

Urgh, so apparently it's not just a matter of reaching a certain point. You have to level up quite a bit, too...

Not sure if I wanna do that...then again, I only need one more trophy but that fight is impossible for me right now, even with that OP Persona.

Getting to that point was boring enough...leveling up, yet again? Meh...I'll have to think about it.

• Like 1

Nevermind.

Spoiler

20210414225310.jpg

:D

Just had to survive the first phase of the optional fight and then it was a cake-walk. Needed a bit of luck but it didn't take long.

What a game :cool:

Edited by drahkon
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Happenstance said:

Seems like a perfect time to start Persona 5 Royal now.

Absolutely not. :D

With Returnal the horizon I doubt I'll play another huge game before that. But even if Returnal didn't arrive in two weeks...Persona 5 burnt me out :p

Looks like Persona may finally be heading to Xbox.

Possible Game Pass announcement for E3? If this is indeed heading to another platform, there’s zero excuse for the lack of a Switch port this point.

Edited by Hero-of-Time
  • Like 2

@Goafer one for the collection, surely? Saw this limited vinyl collection posted on Eurogamer and thought it'd be right up your street. 300 quid though...

web_storeicon_Persona_VINYL_7.png

Edited by Sheikah