NEurope

Yeah it took me a while to even figure that one out, you can do it with Square on the Stats menu.

And here I've been thinking that the tutorial pop-ups are always very clear and concise, but I guess that doesn't matter if people don't actually read them...

To be fair...

It doesn't tell you how Kawakami's perk works until you actually try and wash something or make coffee. I thought it would make sense to call her on the phone as usual.

Just like the save room, there isn't really a reason why it should work differently from how the start of a Palace works.

I'm genuinely not sure if you misread Shorty's post and don't realize that you can change your party members at any time, anywhere in a palace.

I don't know, I guess they could have made it clearer, but I read the tutorial pop-up about how you can change your party members on the stats menu, and just started changing party members whenever I felt like it without giving it any more thought. It just made sense to me that that's how it should work.

It's like the revamped battle UI - I didn't even realize that they'd changed it until someone pointed it out. Of course skills are mapped to square and attack is mapped to X. It just makes sense. Isn't that how it's always been? (No, it's not, it turns out.)

So I've been trying to raise Sojiro's confidant rank from 3 to 4. kept saying "I don't think my bond with Sojiro will deepen soon" no matter how many times I did it. I'd get the blue notes every time I talked to him when the card icon was above his head but it wouldn't advance anything. Turns out I had to make coffee before it would alow me to advance it...i've wasted soooo many evenings >_>

Edited by martinist
Spelling

So I've been trying to raise Sojiro's confidant rank from 3 to 4. kept saying "I don't think my bond with Sojiro will deepen soon" no matter how many times I did it. I'd get the blue notes every time I talked to him when the card icon was above his head but it wouldn't advance anything. Turns out I had to make coffee before it would alow me to advance it...i've wasted soooo many evenings >_>

I think you only need to make coffee once between ranks two and three, but I'm pretty sure the game tells you that... It just takes forever to rank up Sojiro early on. It's pretty annoying.

Whew, I had to replay two weeks, but I finally managed to max out all of my confidants with three days to spare before the final deadline. That's a huge relief. I was really worried about the nighttime confidants, but it ended up being one of the daytime confidants which forced me to go back to a previous save, when she randomly decided to be unavailable for four straight days. :indeed:

I was really worried about the nighttime confidants, but it ended up being one of the daytime confidants which forced me to go back to a previous save, when she randomly decided to be unavailable for four straight days. :indeed:

Let me guess, was it Haru? Same thing happened to me and I had to reload a previous save because I had spent time with Shinya rather than her. That one decision screwed me over due to her not showing up for several days.

Haha, yeah, that's exactly what happened to me. It's so random too, since she's available almost every single day up until that point. And then on the final week, she completely ghosts you. :blank:

Who's gone for plat? Do you need to look up any of the secret trophies to feasibly do it on your NG+ playthrough?

Who's gone for plat? Do you need to look up any of the secret trophies to feasibly do it on your NG+ playthrough?

There are 3 that can only be done on NG+. One is complete the compendium, which goes hand in hand with another trophy, and the other is defeating a secret boss.

For the secret boss I would recommend checking out the build of that Persona that I posted a while back. Carrying that over into NG+ will make the fight stupidly easy.

There are 3 that can only be done on NG+. One is complete the compendium, which goes hand in hand with another trophy, and the other is defeating a secret boss.

For the secret boss I would recommend checking out the build of that Persona that I posted a while back. Carrying that over into NG+ will make the fight stupidly easy.

Any chance you could post just the persona details so I can get it without spoiling what the boss is? :p

Any chance you could post just the persona details so I can get it without spoiling what the boss is? :p

Here's an image from the link showing you which Persona you need and what moves they should have before fusing them.

yoshchart.jpg

1. Futsunushi with Repel Curse

Fuse Sandalphon (level 78+ for Repel Curse) with Narcissus

2. Yatagarasu with Drain Ice

Fuse Satan (level 98+ for Drain Ice) with High Pixie

3. Okuninushi with Drain Psy, Drain Wind, Drain Nuke

Fuse Ishtar (natural Drain Wind) with Chi You (level 90+ for Drain Psy) to create Gabriel

Fuse Gabriel with Atropos to create Kali

Bring Kali to level 82+ to learn Drain Nuke

Fuse Kali with Silky

4. & 5. Arahabaki and Shiki-Ouji

Summon these two personas. Their skills don’t matter.

With all five required personas in your stock, go to Advanced Fusion and create Yoshitsune and use the five empty skill slots to inherit Drain Wind, Drain Ice, Drain Nuke, Drain Psy, and Repel Curse.

So - how are you guys enjoying this? Anyone finished it?

Might make it my post-Zelda game, but I'm noticing that I've seen noone truely excited about it; for all the great reviews it doesn't seem to have the thrill factor that I've seen on other threads, even Horizon et all.

My other question is; pretty sure I'll never ever finish it with that 90 hour runtime - is it worth playing with a view of only getting a third of the way through or so?

So - how are you guys enjoying this? Anyone finished it?

Might make it my post-Zelda game, but I'm noticing that I've seen noone truely excited about it; for all the great reviews it doesn't seem to have the thrill factor that I've seen on other threads, even Horizon et all.

My other question is; pretty sure I'll never ever finish it with that 90 hour runtime - is it worth playing with a view of only getting a third of the way through or so?

The game is fantastic. I maintain that there isn't as much of a buzz because people don't want spoilers. They don't want to chat about the game until they've finished it. And it took me over 120 hours to finish it. Even by the time you get to the end, it was such a sprawling tale that it's hard to stop and reflect on much but the ending, so you're going to be hiding that in spoiler tags if you have the energy to discuss it at all. Personally Persona games are a personal (...yea I'm keeping that) experience and I'm not that interested in discussing or gushing over it.

Simply it was a natural evolution for the series, ramping up the style and animation, bringing in a load of new features and taking out the random aspect of the dungeons. It doesn't beat P4G for me, but it was a fantastic entry to the series.

To answer your last question, no it's probably not worth only playing a third of, there's a long drawn out opening and you won't meet most of the players or uncover any of the mystery so...

Edited by Shorty

It's looking like there will be a big Persona 5 announcement today in around 3 hours time. From what people have seen from leaked web domains etc it might be the announcement of a "Golden" style release, possibly on Switch as well which would line up with the Smash Bros character reveal. Will be nice to get more people playing this awesome series if so.

• Like 1

I really want Persona 5 on the Switch! I wonder if the Nintendo announcement would be held back for the January Direct though?

15 minutes ago, Tim B said:

I really want Persona 5 on the Switch! I wonder if the Nintendo announcement would be held back for the January Direct though?

Atlus have always done their own streams etc when it comes to proper game announcements.

• Like 1

It's on TV not streamed. I'm following the Era thread but I'll post here if anything comes of it. It's an hour long special so we should know something within the hour.

• Like 1

A trailer for the release of new information? :blank: and there was me getting my hopes up on first watch that we were getting something new in March

I really need to finish this game. I'm in late December and I need to go fight the final boss thing whatever it is.