NEurope

We all seem to be tackling the 5th palace right now.

I loved and hated this palace. The music and design were fantastic but getting through it all was a toughie. I didn't want to waste a day by leaving and refilling up on SP, so I slogged it out, ran by enemies, hid round corners, used the shoddy health items I had, swapped in team mates to utilize what SP they had remaining and done what I could to avoid leaving or using my Soma item. I've managed to make it to the point where I have to leave so I can dish out a calling card. Phew!

I got so annoyed by the SP drain in palace 5, I did end up giving up and leaving. I bought the SP Adhesive 3 and went back in with that which helped a little.

I got so annoyed by the SP drain in palace 5, I did end up giving up and leaving. I bought the SP Adhesive 3 and went back in with that which helped a little.

I bought those as soon as I was able to (palace 2) and bought more once I had the funds. Probably the most helpful thing you can equip so far.

Yeah, I'm on the third palace and with Takemi levelled up to Rank 7 I got SP Adhesive 3 for 50,000. Plus with my boost in negotiation it's super easy to extort more money from Personas. Literally got about 13,000 Yen from one battle,

although that was an extreme example.

I reached the 6th palace last night and everything is starting to come together.

I have to ask, is the romance section of the other games just as throw away as it is in this one? Outside of a single scene, I have yet to see any kind of hint that i'm in a relationship with one of the characters. As the story has progressed, I have even had times where the responses have seemed very weird, given who I decided to hook up with. The whole thing seems kind of pointless. ::shrug:

I was getting a bit frustrated with the game, yesterday. There were huge sections that I played where I couldn't do anything I wanted. I had planned what I could have got done in those days but it all went down the drain as the game just played automatically for a while. I had to just sit there and watch day after day go by, with me having no real input at all. I actually paused the game, went and made some food and then came back and sat and watched everything play out while eating my food as if watching a movie. :D

The visual novel aspect of the game doesn't bother me but i've noticed that my input has very little bearing on the story. Most of the VNs I have played, you sit and read, decide what option to take, and then the story takes you down a certain path. With this game these scenes seem nothing more than a very long cutscene.

I'm still loving my experience with the game. It still surprises me just how dark some of the subjects that are tackled are, but the game does a good job of keeping the mood light in between these more serious story points. There's a nice balance to it all.

I'm gutted i'm back at work now. I wanna get back to it and see how things play out. :(

I have to ask, is the romance section of the other games just as throw away as it is in this one? Outside of a single scene, I have yet to see any kind of hint that i'm in a relationship with one of the characters. As the story has progressed, I have even had times where the responses have seemed very weird, given who I decided to hook up with. The whole thing seems kind of pointless. ::shrug:

Sounds like my love life.

It has no real point except for an extra scene or two. P4G probably had the closest to teammate reaction in its bonus content.

The game just had me speechless after post 5th Palace.

If it's the part I'm thinking of I thought it was pretty obvious how things were going to play out.

I haven't bothered with starting the sixth palace yet. I decided to spend some time raising a few confidant levels higher and pop into Mementos to clear a bunch of quests. I'll probably head into the palace today.

I finished the 6th palace last night. I usually go to bed at around half 10 but I ended up playing to just after midnight. I couldn't stop playing and I needed to see how things were gonna play out. All I can say is...

giphy.gif

Fantastic stuff. :bowdown:

I got a surprise while I was playing last night as the Passionate Listener trophy unlocked. I've read people having a nightmare to get this to unlock and was very surprised that it randomly popped up for me.

In terms of the trophies i've nabbed, i've managed to max out my social stats but I think this has come at the expense of maxing out my confidant ranks. I don't think I will be able to max them out in this playthrough, so i'll have to start from scratch and max them up in NG+ at some point.

I finished the 6th palace last night. I usually go to bed at around half 10 but I ended up playing to just after midnight.

C8yIimQUIAAMYgk.jpg

I finished the game tonight. The final level dragged on for a stupid amount of time and I thought the final boss was meh. The ending was fun but it lasted far too long. I think I was sat there an hour just watching cutscenes. Still, the whole game ended up being an enjoyable experience.

I somehow managed to fill every confidant rank, which I thought I wouldn't be able to pull off. Mind you, it was stupidly close. I think I only had 2 days to spare.

I think I'll revert back to an earlier save and mop up a bunch of the compendium stuff. I've missed a couple of the jewel enemies and I'll need to carry them over into NG+ otherwise I'll have to play all the way through it again.

I have to say, like Bloodborne last year, I'm happy I stepped out of my gaming comfort zone and experienced this game. It took a while for me to get used to it but once everything clicked I found it great to play. With my first Persona experience over I now feel like I can take another shot at Persona 4 and get further than a few hours. Not for a while though. 90 hours on this game has kinda burnt me out for now. :D

I loaded up an old save last night to try and fill out my Persona compendium. It took me over an hour of going back and forth between levels in Mementos to finally nab one of the jewel enemies. The thing just wouldn't spawn. I'm now sat on 99% completion with the compendium.

I fired the game back up this morning and redone the final battle. I'm now all set for my NG+/platinum run. I was gonna start something else but I'm tempted just to crack straight on with it.

I also just cleared the game as well. The final boss is quite tough for me. Took me 3 or more tries until I beat it. Gonna playing the NG+ again sometime later this summer so I can get the rest of the trophies for the Platinum.

I also just cleared the game as well. The final boss is quite tough for me. Took me 3 or more tries until I beat it. Gonna playing the NG+ again sometime later this summer so I can get the rest of the trophies for the Platinum.

I LOVED this shot during the final fight.

latest?cb=20160917054301

That whole moment was anime type hype at its best. :D

I completed the compendium yesterday. It didn't take as long as I thought as I just had to reach the month of May. Also, I tried taking on a boss for another trophy that I needed but got completely destroyed. This left me with 2 options. I could either continue to do a full play through of the game or reload my save before the last boss fight and put together an OP Persona ready for when I reach the NG+. I opted for the latter.

It took a while to grind some cash and create the Persona I needed but it was worth it. I have yet to reach the point I need to in NG+ but I tried using the new creation on the final boss and I ended up wrecking it in about 4 turns. It's crazy powerful. I'll give this a test once I get in from work and reach the point in the game that I need to.

It is done. After over 100 hours of play time ( hopefully this is enough to keep everyone on here happy :p ) my journey is over and the platinum is mine. Hell of a journey. Hell of a game.

Not sure what to tackle next. I'm leaning towards either Nier Automata or Gravity Rush 2.

EDIT: Out of respect for those still playing, I'll spoiler my trophy card until the game has been replaced by something else, as a couple of trophy images could be seen as spoilers.

Edited by Hero-of-Time

Not sure what to tackle next. I'm leaning towards either Nier Automata or Gravity Rush 2

Persona 4 :p

Have anyone saw the Persona 5 Daybreakers anime OVA? I recognized the target but it's pretty cool to learn little more about it.

@Hero\-of\-Time Yeah that bit at the final battle was so badass! Any advices on the NG+?

Just discovered that there are 3 different endings and I got the true ending! Not bad for someone who are new to the Persona games. :P

Edited by DriftKaiser

Finished the fourth palace a while ago, slowly making my way through this game. Should be done in about two or three weeks maybe, depending on how much I play this.

It is done. After over 100 hours of play time ( hopefully this is enough to keep everyone on here happy :p ) my journey is over and the platinum is mine. Hell of a journey. Hell of a game.

Not sure what to tackle next. I'm leaning towards either Nier Automata or Gravity Rush 2.

EDIT: Out of respect for those still playing, I'll spoiler my trophy card until the game has been replaced by something else, as a couple of trophy images could be seen as spoilers.

Could you just leave it spoilered? Make us all feel better about ourselves.

@Hero\-of\-Time Yeah that bit at the final battle was so badass! Any advices on the NG+?

Yeah, I loved it.

Looking at your trophies, your first step should be to max out all of your social links. These carry over to NG+ and should be leveled up quite a bit from your first play through. You get a lot of points in multiple stats by doing the Big Burger challenge. If you fail you get 3 points in Guts but if you pass you get a bunch for other stats as well. There are 3 challenge levels and after completing them all you will only receive Guts after every meal, instead of the usual bonus ones.

Keep on top of your confidant relationships. It's pretty easy at the start of the game but once you start unlocking more and more it then gets difficult to decide which to raise. The two you want to concentrate on are Becky ( the maid ) and the fortune teller. Once maxed out, Becky will allow you to go out in the evening after finishing a palace or Mementos and the fortune teller will allow you to pay to raise your relationship level with any of your confidants. This comes in handy if you need to spend time with them before the UP! option will appear. This is a big time saver late on in the game because you can raise a level without having to waste a day.

Another thing you should remember is to make sure you have the correct Persona type on you for the person you are trying to raise the confidant level of. For example, Ryuji is the Chariot type so having a chariot Persona on you while talking to him/spending time with him gives you extra points. This will help you rank his confidant level up a lot quicker.

I see you still need to read every book. Make sure to check the library every time you get a new character. A new book will appear with each new addition to the team. There is also a book called speed reading that you should look to pick up. It allows you to read each book in a single sitting rather than multiple ones.

For the gold finger trophy you have to buy the video game system from the little shop just round the corner from the cafe. You can then buy video games from the same shop and from one in the electric district at the top right of the map. When going for this one make sure you pick up the book that allows you to cheat at the video games. If you read said book the video games you play became much easier.

If you want to create a completely OP and broken persona for your team then set about making this.

WARNING: HIDDEN BOSS IS SPOILED WHEN LOOKING AT THIS LINK. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2017/04/14/how-to-fuse-an-invincible-killing-machine-in-persona-5.aspx

It's the one I went back to a previous save to make so I could carry it over into the NG+. I took on the first palace with it and beat the boss in two moves. :D

Over a hundred hours and I only just found out you can change party members at any time, not just in a safe room.

Not really reading this thread now because of people talking a lot about the end game, but I'll be back to do so very soon! Currently just trying to get the last few social links finished in time, but I'm not sure I'll be able to. Wondering if I should max out all five stats for NG+ instead.

Over a hundred hours and I only just found out you can change party members at any time, not just in a safe room.

You can change them in the safe room?! I thought you had to go to the start of any Palace...which seemed unnecessary, but when I talked to them in the safe room they never gave me the option to switch.