NEurope

At least you can just import the US version of the game.

Well, we hope. Hopefully with Sega involved now there wont be any region locking like we got with P4A.

Well, we hope. Hopefully with Sega involved now there wont be any region locking like we got with P4A.

I forgot about that. Such a weird thing to do.

You'd have to get any DLC you wanted from the US store, but if you can manage that you're okay.

US release date has been announced as 14th Feb 2017. I can't see this going down well.

Sorry, Persona fans: you won’t be dating new waifus and husbandos until next year. Atlus announced today that Persona 5 will be out in North America on February 14, 2017.

That’s five months after Japan gets the fifth Persona, and it might come as a bummer to North American gamers who hoped to go on cat burglary dates this year. On the plus side, at least now we have plenty of time for FFXV?

Hm, I don't think I had any particular expectation of it arriving much sooner than that. Localization for such script heavy games takes time. A date to look forward is better than not knowing, and it's only 8 months away :)

I'll be far more disappointed in a few months when we hear about all the censorship >_>

Edited by Shorty
script not text, VAs have feelings too

Hm, I don't think I had any particular expectation of it arriving much sooner than that. Localization for such text heavy games takes time. A date to look forward is better than not knowing, and it's only 8 months away :)

I'll be far more disappointed in a few months when we hear about all the censorship >_>

A lot of people aren't happy due to S-E being able to release Star Ocean, FFXV and World of Final Fantasy pretty much simultaneously across all regions and in the same year, whereas Sega/Atlus can't even do it for a single game.

I'm not fussed at all as i'm not a fan of the series but I can see where the angered fans are coming from.

S-E are a lot bigger and know their products will sell no matter what, they can afford to fund localization before they know whether they've got a product that will definitely sell overseas, so their script writers probably work with their western counterparts from the get-go. Despite that, the process probably pushes the worldwide release back by a margin, whereas this approach keeps the Japanese release forward.

People, even fans, should stop acting so unreasonably entitled. Nobody's out there planning ways to piss their audience off, it works out the way it has to, and the game will be here eventually....

S-E are a lot bigger and know their products will sell no matter what, they can afford to fund localization before they know whether they've got a product that will definitely sell overseas, so their script writers probably work with their western counterparts from the get-go. Despite that, the process probably pushes the worldwide release back by a margin, whereas this approach keeps the Japanese release forward.

People, even fans, should stop acting so unreasonably entitled. Nobody's out there planning ways to piss their audience off, it works out the way it has to, and the game will be here eventually....

True. Although, I imagine Persona would be a hit for Atlus given how popular the series since the release of 4. Surely Atlus know this?

I was gonna say that Atlus are hardly handling things by themselves, what with being part of Sega and all, but Sega seemed to be very hands off when it comes to Atlus stuff. Very baffling arrangement. ::shrug:

Shame but I cant say I'm surprised at all. Hopefully Europe will get a date soon as well.

Shame but I cant say I'm surprised at all. Hopefully Europe will get a date soon as well.

Q5 2018 no doubt

jokes Q32017

I've now preordered the collectors edition from the US. I'll cancel it if we get a release date close to theirs.

26902291253_71dfe01381_b.jpg

Or if it turns out to be the first non-region-free title like P4A.

Persona 5 footage will be streamed next week.

Atlus will host a Persona 5 E3 special live stream on June 15 at 5:00 a.m. PT / 8:00 a.m. ET / 21:00 JST, the company announced.

The Japanese live stream, dubbed “Uncover the Phantom Thieves,” promises the release of a “classified video” and the revelation of new information.

You’ll be able to watch it live on Niconico.

I think I might, might just start to screen myself from any further footage :) I'll just pay attention to release/localization news.

I haven't watched a Persona 5 video since the original reveal with the chairs.

Self-control of steel.

Deep Silver are publishing the game over here, as well as other Sega/Atlus games.

[TWEET]750661060852649984[/TWEET]

Crazy that Sega aren't even bothering to sort these games out themselves.

Deep Silver are publishing the game over here, as well as other Sega/Atlus games.

[TWEET]750661060852649984[/TWEET]

Crazy that Sega aren't even bothering to sort these games out themselves.

Good stuff though, confirmation that it's all coming and in physical form. :)

Good stuff though, confirmation that it's all coming and in physical form. :)

Shame it couldnt have come with a release date but still, good news that we now have a publisher.

Shame it couldnt have come with a release date but still, good news that we now have a publisher.

They have to know that any delay beyond a week or two after the US release will mean sales lost to importers. They'll be doing their best to get it as early as possible.

They have to know that any delay beyond a week or two after the US release will mean sales lost to importers. They'll be doing their best to get it as early as possible.

Some new social link/cooperation characters have been shown.

char10.png?v=1468927050402

char14.png?v=1468927050402

char15.png?v=1468927050402

char17.png?v=1468927050402

char16.png?v=1468927050402

char18.png?v=1468927050402

char19.png?v=1468927050402