NEurope

Atlus parent company registers Persona 5 domain

There have been vague rumblings about Persona 5 for years now, but it seems like the long-awaited role-playing game may be finally nearing release. Atlus' beleaguered parent company Index Corporation registered a domain for the prospective title on June 25, 2013.

Of course, Index, like any company, loves squatting on domain names and Persona 5 could still very well be years away. Or a release date could drop next week. So, naturally, now is the perfect time to wet your pants and salivate in anticipation. Get hype!

http://www.destructoid.com/atlus-parent-company-registers-persona-5-domain-257662.phtml

Absolutely cannot wait for this game! I really hope it lives up to Persona 4.

I also wouldnt call any previous talk of Persona 5 "vague rumblings". The devs at ATLUS just straight out confirmed that they were working on it a year or so ago if I remember right.

This would be the perfect cross-platform PS3/Vita title given how well P4G worked on the Vita.

I wonder what the game will end up looking like. Apparently the original plan was to use the same engine that they built for Catherine but that idea has been scrapped now. Considering its been a couple of years now though since they confirmed development had started it must be starting to take shape.

I really liked the Golden theme running through the menus/intro and whatnot, it was kinda like Japanese 'funky'. I really wish they would continue with something like that.

I doubt it, they seem to do that kind of stuff specifically for each game. They've spoken about how blue was the theme for Persona 3 so I expect we will get something new this time around.

I was still struggling to decide between X1 and PS4, I realise now that I'll just get whatever system this is on :p probably PS4....

Guess it all depends on who buys the rights during the Index sale. God I hope its Sony or a third party.

Looks like there will be a Persona 5 announcement on Sunday

2572106-8985492811-528B4A0E47502C00.png

Shu Yoshida has tweeted out the link as well so that pretty much confirms it will at least appear on a Sony platform thankfully.

Hell...yes! Always a pleasure to see this topic filter to the top of my timeline. :D

There's no real proof that it will be a P5 announcement, in fact Teddie suggests otherwise.

However @yosp tweeting about it at least means there's something else coming to PlayStation (PS3? Vita? PS4? Who knows)

Remember that countdown which turned out to be The World Ends With You: iOS version? :/ I'm not allowing myself to get my hopes up too much.

That said, lets have our own countdown, since we can :D

The URL for those unsure: http://p-ch.jp

[countdown=11/24/2013 11:00 AM;Countdown Finished]What will it be?[/countdown]

Edited by Shorty

I put it under Persona 5 because there was some bit of information on another forum about a Persona 5 domain being linked to the countdown site but I cant find it at the moment.

I am wondering now though after just reading this:

Persona 4 voice actress lists “Persona 4, Vol. 2″ on resume

The next Persona game might not be Persona 5, but a sequel to Persona 4.

Karen Strassman, the voice actress for Nanako Dojima in Persona 4, has listed “Persona 4, Vol. 2″ and “Golden 2 Persona 4″ on her online resume.

Strassman has separate entries for Persona 4 Arena, so “Persona 4, Vol. 2″ couldn’t be referring to that.

A new Persona is expected to be revealed this Sunday, November 24. Or, at least, we couldn’t think of anything else that teaser site might be for.

http://gematsu.com/2013/11/persona-4-voice-actress-lists-persona-4-vol-2-on-resume

Someone on Neogaf pointed out that there are a few other inaccuracies on that actress' resume though, games which don't exist, don't have seasons they're listed for etc.. That could be the animation listed in the wrong place for example. It could also point to a P4A2 rather than a direct P4 sequel.

If you click on the boxes and match up the 3 Teddie poses, they scramble themselves, but it doesn't seem to mean anything.

Also it's worth mentioning the countdown is supposedly to a livestream on niconico

Edited by Shorty

Well if it turned out to be a proper sequel to Persona 4 or a completely new Persona 5 I would be happy either way. I think the amount of build up its getting must mean its one of those two.

Oh agreed. I put something stupid like 120 hours into P4G, I'd happily revisit that world.

I'd also settle for P3 re-released in P4G style on pretty much any system.

Heck right now I'd settle for a SMTIV EU release date :(

I'm just not getting my hopes up, in case it's just a pachinko machine or an iOS port.

Oh agreed. I put something stupid like 120 hours into P4G, I'd happily revisit that world.

I'd also settle for P3 re-released in P4G style on pretty much any system.

Heck right now I'd settle for a SMTIV EU release date :(

I'm just not getting my hopes up, in case it's just a pachinko machine or an iOS port.

I would probably buy another P3 remake if it was that. I played P3P first and while I still really enjoyed it, I felt like it lost a lot of the charm those worlds have by getting rid of the animations. I went and bought the original on the US PSN but then struggled with the original battle systems, not being able to control all your party members and them getting tired all the time. That would also fit in with the release of the P3 movie over in Japan but I think they know P4 is their real hit so it'll either be linked to that or move forward.

Even if it's Persona 5, it's going to be... how many years before we get a localization (if ever... Sega...?)?

I just hope it's not on the 3DS, whatever it is.

I dont want it on any platform that could possibly drag it down graphics/powerwise. Personally Id prefer PS4 exclusive but it makes much more sense that they will go for the established userbase and release it on PS3....maybe 360 as well to carry on from Arena and Catherine. Maybe a Vita port in a couple of years.

I dont want it on any platform that could possibly drag it down graphics/powerwise. Personally Id prefer PS4 exclusive but it makes much more sense that they will go for the established userbase and release it on PS3....maybe 360 as well to carry on from Arena and Catherine. Maybe a Vita port in a couple of years.

QFT. Still annoyed that DQ and MH went to Nintendo purely because of the graphical downgrade. DQIX was a massive step backwards from VIII.

I have no problem with the 3DS graphically. The screen's not the best but it can make for some very pretty visuals. My only concern is with the region lock. It's the reason we still can't play SMT IV.

I have no problem with the 3DS graphically. The screen's not the best but it can make for some very pretty visuals. My only concern is with the region lock. It's the reason we still can't play SMT IV.

I dont have a problem with it graphical for its own games, I just want the best looking Persona game we can get at the moment and thats not it. Plus I want to be able to control the camera with a second pad!

I've got the 3DSXL and the pixel density is really bad. Would love Vita or PS4 tbh.

If you have played Persona 4 Arena, that game had an actual storyline and it was left unfinished basically... A Persona 4 sequel is inevitable. And they have Teddie in the picture.

Maybe it's a Vita exclusive, Sony could have paid them a lot to do one and since P4G is on Vita, you could possibly use a savefile from that game too. I don't really care about the platform, unless it's a cell phone game ^^

Edited by Miharin