NEurope
Murr

New Terminator Trilogy - June 26th 2015

Teaser for the Trailer...

Why they release a teaser when apparently the full trailer is hitting tomorrow!!! Although holyshit!!!!! Do we finally see the time travel machine? Who is the T1000? The war has started! (which we already knew)

Might be in the minority here but other than some bad CGI, I don't think it looks too bad.

Might be in the minority here but other than some bad CGI, I don't think it looks too bad.

Some very very bad CGI....Like why can't they make the Terminator arm like they did in T2? In this it looks fake and thin. Also sounds crazy as the T1000 is all metallic but still somehow looks worse than T2?

BUT I will say I like where they have gone with the alternate timeline malarky! There has always been a train of thought that with the various paradoxes of the first two movies that this could be what happened in the first place.

I love it though...whatever happened with Kyle in Terminator and the events of T2 somehow didn't prevent Judgement Day (which is true if we count 3) so I'm guessing a Terminator was sent back to raise Sarah from a young age rather than wait for John so that the war against the machines can start before it even began! Love how essentially it's the same Kyle being sent back and his job is already done.

I love the first two Terminator movies, whilst 3 had it's moments it was largely terrible, Salvation was an absolute cluster fuck. This however looks amazing!!!!!

Edited by flameboy

It's a trailer for goodness sake. The CGI will be unfinished.

This looks okay. And we all know it isn't hard to make a trailer make a film look good. I'm not expecting much.

I was surprised how good it seemed, i really expected a salvation level of clusterfuck, but dafts right its a trailer it could be entire made of the best bits, with the reality being a completely incoherent mess

It's a trailer for goodness sake. The CGI will be unfinished.

This looks okay. And we all know it isn't hard to make a trailer make a film look good. I'm not expecting much.

Granted this is true...but one of the "money shots" of this trailer was Arnie with his terminator arm and it just outright looks crap!

Yeah but it always happens. It's annoying but it's just part of the process. I mean, just look at the Jurassic World trailer. Or even the Godzilla trailer if you want to see some comparisons to the final film. I wouldn't worry.

I'm going to go for cautious optimism.

I'm going to go for a poo. And I'm willing to believe it will be more satisfying than this film.

It should have stopped at T2, then they should have just made the series. AND CONTINUED IT, YOU BASTARDS.

T2 was my favourite movie for a very long time, it's still up there. T3 was a joke and Re...whatever the fourth one was called was a disappointment with a stupid ending. But I still want/hope to see it done right one more time while Arnie can still do it.

T2 was my favourite movie for a very long time, it's still up there. T3 was a joke and Re...whatever the fourth one was called was a disappointment with a stupid ending. But I still want/hope to see it done right one more time while Arnie can still do it.

That 4th movie (of which shall not be named) shouldn't exist.

That 4th movie (of which shall not be named) shouldn't exist.

The action was good, but that was about all.

The action was good, but that was about all.

I'll give it that, at most.

What a wonderful way to shit all over a once great franchise and essentially erase the two good Terminator films but 're-doing' them. Terminator 3 was absolutely horrible, Salvation wasn't much better. Another fantastic film franchise milked to death and murdered.

I've no idea what this fourth movie you guys are talking about is but if there was one....I think I've posted this before but did you ever read this about how the film was pre Christian "I'm the lead actor" Bale made John Connor the focus of the film rather than just a voice.

I've read this article a few times, just as it's an entertaining read wait till you read about the seaside resort!!!!

http://www.chud.com/19577/exclusive-what-went-wrong-with-terminator-salvation/

T3 was a joke, it's ending was so at odds with the rest of the movie and was attempting to give a dark grim powerful ending that the film outright did not earn. I hated the "Judgement Day is inevitable" line wrecked "the whole no fate but we make" mantra of T2. The TV series did a much better job of yes you can control humanities fate but you got to do a lot more bloody work for it than just blowing up a building and destroying some computers. My hope for Genysis is that it is closer to the series with it's time meddling.

Edited by flameboy

God they still can't cast John Connor to save themselves can they. :nono:

Thomas Dekker was a good John Connor.