NEurope
Murr

New Terminator Trilogy - June 26th 2015

New Terminator Trilogy to Begin on June 26, 2015!

Skydance Productions, Annapurna Pictures and Paramount Pictures have jointly announced they will partner on a rebooted Terminator movie, to be released by Paramount Pictures on June 26, 2015.

The first in a stand-alone trilogy, Terminator will be produced by Megan Ellison of Annapurna and David Ellison of Skydance. Dana Goldberg and Paul Schwake of Skydance will serve as executive producers. Laeta Kalorgridis (Avatar, Shutter Island) and Patrick Lussier (Drive Angry) are attached to write the screenplay.

Launched in 1984 with star Arnold Schwarzenegger as the title character, Terminator spanned 3 subsequent films, which have earned over $1 billion at the worldwide box office.

David Ellison most recently executive produced, along with his partners at Paramount, World War Z, Star Trek Into Darkness, G.I. Joe: Retaliation and Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol. A 5th installment of in the "Mission: Impossible" franchise is in active development, along with a 3rd film in the "G.I. Joe" franchise, among other films.

Megan Ellison most recently produced the Academy Award®-nominated Zero Dark Thirty, The Master and executive produced Spring Breakers via her Annapurna Pictures banner and has David O. Russell's American Hustle, Spike Jonze's Her, and Bennett Miller's Foxcatcher set for release later this year.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=105916

This is weird, i was thinking about this about an hour ago. I was listening to the trailer for the Internship, or whatever it is called, on Spotify and Owen Wilson mentions Terminator 4. I thought, there was no Terminator 4 was there?

There is now!

This is weird, i was thinking about this about an hour ago. I was listening to the trailer for the Internship, or whatever it is called, on Spotify and Owen Wilson mentions Terminator 4. I thought, there was no Terminator 4 was there?

There was only Terminator, Terminator 2 and Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles.

Terminator 3 and Salvation were erased from our timeline.

I'm going to be the resident cynic and say that I think this is going to be stereotypical, over-produced, film for the retarded masses.

There is now!

Not sure bob is being stupid...

...or he's making a joke, and I'm being stupid.

Let's say it's you being stupid? Because that makes me look better?

I thought Salvation was a prequel (although i never actually watched it) and so wasn't considered Terminator 4...

I thought Salvation was a prequel (although i never actually watched it) and so wasn't considered Terminator 4...

Well, it was before Kyle Reese was sent back in time, and after the events of Terminator 3. So it was a prequel and sequel as elements were leading up to the events of the first.

Oh shit, better not let Flinky see this or it might ruin his day. >_>;

fuck... i liked the 3rd one, a lot :( is there something wrong with me?

I actually can't follow the Terminator characters timeline. Literally not a fucking clue.

*is embarrassed that there are new Terminator films planned*

Please just stop! Can't seriously have Arnie, he's an old man now for the love of god.

I was going to say I want a female Terminator, but in fact I just want The Sarah Connor Chronicles back. Big screen that please.

No I did too, it was fun but obviously disappointing compared to the first 2.

At least it wasn't boring like salvation. it just had too many silly moments people like to pick on like Arnie wearing pick sunglasses or whatever it was.

I thought the 3rd one was alright but certainly suffered the second sequel curse and well how could it be better than T2

salvation on the other hand.....was so bad

i'd rather them try and reboot it than continue it

What the fuuuuccckkk?

I swear, if it turns into another Terminator 3, I will cry like a bitch. This film needs to have a soul.

The Sarah Connor Chronicles was on the right track of where the series needs to go. Actually, fuck this new trilogy and just BRING THAT BACK.

Like most would rather they pushed on the Sarah Connor Chronicles timeline than anything. Did anyone ever read about the original script for Terminator Salvation, worth reading about:

http://www.chud.com/19577/exclusive-what-went-wrong-with-terminator-salvation/

(this article explores some of it, there is an even better article I read back in the day that I can't find right now, I'll keep looking. Versions of original script can also be downloaded)

I certainly prefer the idea of John Connor being a man in a room hidden away and then becoming an idea more than anything. Christian Bale apparently wrecked all of that. However some of the ways they planned to do with Connor were crazy and the theme park is out right nuts.

T1+2 remain two of my favourite films of all times....and I hate to see the series go down the shitter any further and I can't help but worry that it will.

Edited by flameboy

It's a great action film, but what else does it have? It was not a great follow up for T2, which had a bit of a message, some depth and thought put into it.

I only watched T3 once, and this is what I remember:

* Glasses joke

* Boob joke

* John Connor stupidly assumes T800 is the same one he dropped in a furnace

* Undermine entire premise of T1/2 by making John Connor less important

* Introduce someone else who is important, but never came up before

* Explosions, crane goes through building, lots of guns in a graveyard

* Sarah Connor killed off off-screen

* Brand new fusion bomb fuel cell semi-literally = deus ex machina

* Fail in the end anyway, unpleasant scene where everybody in the world dies

Edited by Shorty

Yes.

@Shorty got the majority of it. But, for me, the worst part of it is that the script work is just dire. "Talk to the hand!" The handling of Arnie's Terminator in this film is terrible, too. He's not machine-like enough compared to the previous films and I also loathe the wooden female terminator's performance. There are parts of the film where it looks like she's made of plastic. Not imposing enough, either.

Biggest disappointment in my life in terms of films. The first one is a perfect thriller and the second one is a great action film that contains some glorious special effects. A bit different in tone, but still very special. I can't tell you what the third is. At times, it borders on a parody.

I actually can't follow the Terminator characters timeline. Literally not a fucking clue.

What exactly have you seen? It's not that hard at all...

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/new-terminator-tv-series-works-663447

There's going to be a new TV show, too.

The producers behind the upcoming fifth installment have tapped Thor and X-Men: First Class writers Zack Stentz and Ashley Miller to write and executive produce a new Terminator television series that will be a companion piece to the rebooted trilogy.

The TV series will follow a critical moment from the first Terminator film (1984), and where the film's story goes one way, the upcoming series will take the same moment in a completely different direction. As the rebooted film trilogy and the new TV series progress, the two narratives will intersect with each other in surprising and dramatic ways.

It should be noted that Zack Stentz and Ashley Miller both wrote and produced The Sarah Connor Chronicles.

Although this sounds like the new trilogy (and TV show) will actually be related to the original films (and hopefully take more from TSCC instead of 3 and Salvation).

please cast summer glau in a role

Sure fire way of getting a show cancelled. I've feared for Arrow ever since she got cast in it :P

ANYWAY, GIVE ME MOOOOORE TERMINATOR.

Emilia Clarke Cast as Sarah Connor in Terminator: Genesis

The mother of dragons is also the mother of mankind's future savior.

Game of Thrones' Emilia Clarke has won the role of Sarah Connor in Terminator: Genesis, reports Variety. Clarke, who had been vying for the role with Short Term 12's Brie Larson, was cast following a screen test. Jason Clarke (Zero Dark Thirty) was recently cast as Sarah's revolutionary son John Connor.

It's interesting to note that Terminator: Genesis will be directed by Alan Taylor, who has directed Emilia Clarke on Game of Thrones. That HBO series, of course, also stars Lena Headey, who played Sarah in Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles.

The filmmakers will now cast the other male lead role of Kyle Reese, with Variety saying the three front runners are Garrett Hedlund (Tron: Legacy), Nicholas Hoult (X-Men: First Class), and Boyd Holbrook (The Host).

Arnold Schwarzenegger is also set to return to the franchise that made him an A-list star, according to Variety.

Terminator: Genesis opens July 1, 2015.

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/12/14/emilia-clarke-cast-as-sarah-connor-in-terminator-genesis