NEurope
Hero-of-Time

New Super Luigi U

Anyone on here picking up the retail version to play this week or is Pikmin 3 the main focus?

Well NSLU is my priority. Will get Pikmin 3 after that.

o__O

_______

Anyone on here picking up the retail version to play this week or is Pikmin 3 the main focus?

Well NSLU is my priority. Will get Pikmin 3 after that.

o__O

_______

Why choose? I've preordered both!

Still, slightly pissed that in the middle of the summer games drought there's two great released in one week.

Too many games. I don't like jumping between unfinished games, especially when they're all this good. So the only other way I can handle it is by buying one at a time. Preferably completing one before starting another.

Also NSLU will become a rarity (physical copy). So I'm ensuring that I at least have that secured.

I've pre ordered this from Flubit, sadly no super early delivery this time. I'm not getting Pikmin 3 at all :D

My retail copy of this has been shipped! :D

Yes I already downloaded Super Luigi U, no I won't be unsealing it, for me this is purely being kept as a collectable. :)

Am I mad? Slightly perhaps. :p

S.C.G - I've done exactly the same! Ordered mine from GAME - no idea why I went with them haha. But I got my dispatch email yesterday so it should be with me today or tomorrow! Not that I'm opening it. It'll be cast away as a treasured posession until I go on Dickinson's Real Deal with it in 2050 and reap the cash rewards! : peace:

Ha.

I need to start playing the version I downloaded actually! Think that's my weekend plans sorted!

Can you post more screenshots from the game? Like bakcover, and how it looks inside etc.

Just curious, mine was shipped today.

I ordered mine from Amazon a few weeks ago for £26.99 but I'm not really ready to play this just yet so I'm happy enough that it probably won't be delivered until early next week. I even look at that price and think 'I could just have bought Pikmin 3 instead..' :hmm:

I'll receive it, I'll play it eventually and I'll enjoy it but if it wasn't for the Limited Edition box then there's no way I would have ordered this right now..

Well played, Nintendo :heh:

Can you post more screenshots from the game? Like bakcover, and how it looks inside etc.

Just curious, mine was shipped today.

Here you go mate, photos of the back and inside.

01DOHsel.jpg

2o7xfwTl.jpg

The game is good so far, only played the first 2 worlds and the levels feel REALLY short even with the 100 second time limit although the boss levels are nice and challenging and I find myself reaching the boss door with 1 second left :D What I don't like is that they're still using the same crap music from the original DS game... Even Sonic 4 Episode 1 sounded better than this.

Edited by f00had

Join the party, Luigi.

NSLU.jpg

You know what? I might just do a 'Sam' and keep this sealed up and download the DLC instead.

Join the party, Luigi.

NSLU.jpg

You know what? I might just do a 'Sam' and keep this sealed up and download the DLC instead.

You know it's the right thing to do... ;)

*strokes sealed copy*

Anyone order from flubit ( fireworks limited ) get theirs yet ?

I got mine on Thursday, the link I gave was from TheGameCollection.net

Is it me or is this game absolutely solid?

Solid? Nah. Challenging? At times. :D

Are you going for the coins or just trying to finish the levels? Getting the coins is where it starts to get a little tricky.

Nope, just wanting to finish the levels at the moment! Hahaha!

Nope, just wanting to finish the levels at the moment! Hahaha!

Haha. I was gonna say just take your time but you can't even do that in this game. :D

I got it on Friday, but was away from home until late Sunday, so I could only try it for a while. And I died in the first stage, didn't know I was that bad. Or not just used to Luigi's jumping.

Too bad that there's something fishy going on with my GamePad, it constantly cuts the connection between Wii U and the GamePad for 2-3 seconds, then reconnects. The repair center is also closed for 3 more weeks, so nothing I can really do about it now. Maybe I just have to play with a WiiMote for a while then.

Got the retail version, so will try it out later! From what I played with Foo this is way more fun the NSMBU because of the difficulty and length of the levels

I've really got into this now, the levels are fiendish and very well designed. Some just flow perfectly and you can zip through them if you can land every jump perfectly. It's really rewarding to get through a level in less than 50 seconds. I can't wait to get further into the game.

I'm also looking forward to unlocking Mario at the end and going back through it.

I've been playing a few levels every day or two, not really going for the Star Coins just yet, but so far it kinda feels like I'm just going through the motions and not getting a particularly great deal from it. I know it's only DLC for New Super Mario Bros U so I was never expecting anything groundbreaking but it's possibly further evidence that the 'New' series is becoming tired :hmm: