NEurope
Hero-of-Time

New Super Luigi U

@Serebii - you may have got 5 Stars, but do they sparkle? I know you could get 5 stars on NSMBU, but to get them to sparkle you couldn't use the super guide. Do your stars sparkle???

My stars didn't sparkle before I used Nabbit...don't know what stops that, seeing as there's no Super Guide in this game

Thats not too bad I guess.... Nintendo are weird with their decisions sometimes. It's like they think 'options' will confuse people.

How is it a "weird decision"? It's playing a game with a character's unique physics that have been in place since 1988

My stars didn't sparkle before I used Nabbit...don't know what stops that, seeing as there's no Super Guide in this game

Weird. I've only got one star at the moment and that shimmers. I wonder what you've done differently?

How is it a "weird decision"? It's playing a game with a character's unique physics that have been in place since 1988

Not giving you the option to switch instantly? Instead of unlocking it.

Not giving you the option to switch instantly? Instead of unlocking it.

To be fair, it's called Super Luigi U for a reason. :D

In the process of preparing my body for NSLU by doing the only thing I can to get it... which is downloading NSMBU... :laughing:

IMG_5492_zps7fdfd00f.jpg

Doesn't seem to be taking too long - but it's gonna be a bitch of a wait before I can get me some Weegee action!

Aaaaand downloaded.

2 things.

Firstly, I know it's DLC, but a separate game icon would have been nice rather than loading through NSMBU. But that's just me being picky! :P

Secondly - can NSLU be played with the Pro Controller? NSMBU had the option, but not seeing one for Luigi?

In the process of preparing my body for NSLU by doing the only thing I can to get it... which is downloading NSMBU... :laughing:

IMG_5492_zps7fdfd00f.jpg

Doesn't seem to be taking too long - but it's gonna be a bitch of a wait before I can get me some Weegee action!

Aaaaand downloaded.

2 things.

Firstly, I know it's DLC, but a separate game icon would have been nice rather than loading through NSMBU. But that's just me being picky! :P

Secondly - can NSLU be played with the Pro Controller? NSMBU had the option, but not seeing one for Luigi?

Since the NSMBU patch on Thursday, both NSMBU and NSLU can be played with the Pro Controller

Just a quick question, how hard is New Super Luigi U?

I despised the first half of New Super Mario Bros U because it was just so dull and easy, but the second half of the game was actually really enjoyable! So I'm hoping they cut the bullshit and just have hardcore platforming from the word go, considering it's DLC!

Since the NSMBU patch on Thursday, both NSMBU and NSLU can be played with the Pro Controller

I don't suppose they've made it playable in proper two player with GamePad and Wiimote/Pro Controller, have they?

I don't suppose they've made it playable in proper two player with GamePad and Wiimote/Pro Controller, have they?

I do not believe so

100%'d it, good fun :)

9-2 was piss easy, no idea what you're complaining about Serebii :D

9-8 too I did on my second go, the equivalent level in Mario U was ten times harder IMO.

9-4 however was just ridiculous, lost about 20 lives on it. It's fairly simple once you figure out the timing though and then it's just a case of running the whole way, but even then I had to start as fire mario as the very last flame always got me.

To be fair, losing 5 lives for me is things being "really hard" :p

Yeah yeah ;)

So much so that you resorted to using a P Acorn and Nabbit. For shame! Playing Pokemon has clearly made you soft! :D

So much so that you resorted to using a P Acorn and Nabbit. For shame! Playing Pokemon has clearly made you soft! :D

Oh no you didn't...

All the hidden Luigis...some are very well placed, I didn't notice them

Nearly finished now, just 3 levels left to do but I had to go out.

I blitzed 9-6 and it was such a rush. Getting the timing down so you can just sprint through the level and do precision jumping, as you dodge the fire bars was awesome. :D

I finished this off 100% last night, as seen on my Miiverse post. :D I did it without using a P Acorn or Nabbit and netted 5 shimmering stars on my profile. I checked the Wii U log and it took 10 and a half hours to fully finish. Not bad for a bit of DLC. :)

The game was a blast to play and although I wouldn't say it was too hard, there were times that required perfect timing and jumping. I highly recommend everyone picks this up. : peace:

Do Nintendo just do things to give the Internet GIF fodder these days?

That Luigi is just begging to be replaced with Kaz Hirai.

Here's a million dollar question (or perhaps a £15.99 question), did anyone who downloaded it who already owned NSMBU get this £15.99 deal? I downloaded last night after being on holiday last week, for £17.99, however seen on some websites today a banner advertising it saying it's £17.99, but people who own NSMBU can get it at £15.99? Followed the link and it gave me no information on it at all!!

Here's a million dollar question (or perhaps a £15.99 question), did anyone who downloaded it who already owned NSMBU get this £15.99 deal? I downloaded last night after being on holiday last week, for £17.99, however seen on some websites today a banner advertising it saying it's £17.99, but people who own NSMBU can get it at £15.99? Followed the link and it gave me no information on it at all!!

Eh? That doesn't make sense. You can only get it if you own NSMBU

Do they mean if you have the digital version of NSMBU? Not heard about this promo.

Eh? That doesn't make sense. You can only get it if you own NSMBU

Well exactly! I can't do any screen capturing or anything as I am at work, however I found the offending item on nintendolife.com on their main page. The banner around the top advertises it at £17.99, and then if you scroll down a bit further on the right hand side is a small box which advertises the £15.99 price. Click on that and it doesn't explain the supposed deal at all!