NEurope
Hero-of-Time

New Super Luigi U

Two NSMBU updates, a hundred clicks to buy NSLU add-on, a 30 minute download and a 5 minute install later.....

I have read quick impressions, and they say that the stages are quite short, about half of the levels of NSMBU. The timer is still tight, tough, and the stages do not have checkpoints in them. Getting all the starcoins in time is a challenge, I hear.

Enjoy your game. I'm gonna wait till boxed version comes. Strange, tough. American get it one mont later than we do.

Well yeah, we knew they'd be short due to the time limit. They're around the same size as levels in Super Mario World

I can already tell my desire to get all the star coins before moving on will be my undoing.

I do like how they've implemented it into the title screen though

zlCfzRBbwO8Tfm8ZuO

Edited by Serebii
Automerged Doublepost

Well it's definitely harder and the levels are completely different. Not very keen on the shorter time limit though, makes finding the star coins very stressful.

Decided, this then Pikmin 3. Especially as this is a timed exclusive as a hard copy.

Played through the first world and im enjoying what ive seen so far. I think the difficulty is more due to the time limit and grabbing the coins rather than the level design. Ive found that if I just head to the end, then the levels arent that bad. Its when going for the coins things get dicey.

On the fourth world now...find it hard to put down. Some levels are actually challenging me which is nice...they're not impossible, and I've not seen a super guide block yet. I'm loving it.

I want a New Super Wario U DLC next year. Wario, Waluigi, a Dark Toad and Nabbit. Slightly updated mechanics that has Wario charge for the first second you hold the run button. 80+ new levels. Do it Nintendo

Surprised at how few people have downloaded this...

Anyway, a few bits:

Hold down ZL when entering a level in Single Player and you can play as Nabbit. (I'm not doing that, but I can understand people doing it...)

If you manage to get through a level with no damage, in less than 50 seconds, with all the Star Coins, the game gives you a notification to post it to Miiverse

Edited by Serebii
Automerged Doublepost

I do plan to but need to sort my NSMBU situation out first! I was gonna just download that but it's fifty quid - even with a shit tonne of eShop vouchers building up I can't justify fifty quid for a game I've already played to get NSLU. (If anyone says about selling something to buy it again ill hunt you down and beat you!)

So part of me might just wait and buy 2 boxes versions as want one to remain sealed for collectors purposes. Plus, I'm currently involved with animal crossing and can't see me having time for any other game for a while yet! :heh:

Surprised at how few people have downloaded this...

Was always going to be retail for me.

Although in general I'd agree. I've heard nothing but positives from this so far across many websites/forums/social media etc.

The game is pretty good but I'm just so bored with NSMB I find myself playing a few levels then putting it down.

Found some secret exits in this too...it's not as straightforward and the exits are like impossible to spot. Love it :D

I keep screwing up jumps since I'm not used to Luigi's flutter(?) jump. World 1-Mid Castle was a lot harder than it should have been simply due to that.

Challenge definitely seems to come from grabbing all the star coins, pretty hard with that time limit.

Thing is, the levels are designed around his flutter

If you finish the game, apparently you can switch Luigi's mechanics to be like New Super Mario Bros U

Think I am going to download it rather than wait for the retail version.

But then I'm probably going to wait to play it with my girlfriend so I may just wait before I download it...

Basically I haven't decided yet! lol.

Anyone know the size of this to download?. Considering the download of it over retail, so if i choose download then i may need a new HDD.

Anyone know the size of this to download?. Considering the download of it over retail, so if i choose download then i may need a new HDD.

773MB, but it says you need 1.5GB to download it

773MB, but it says you need 1.5GB to download it

Best get me a HDD then, c'man July.

Jeez, screw the final level. So tricky considering there's no checkpoints

Finished the DLC, need to get all the Star Coins and find the secret exits though...still loving it :)

Hmm, that's weird. Posted a screenshot on Miiverse and it has the NSMBU icon stead on NSLU.

Hmm, that's weird. Posted a screenshot on Miiverse and it has the NSMBU icon stead on NSLU.

Annoyingly, the automatically loaded Miiverse page is NSMBUs...you have to go into Other Communities in the top-right one to post in the NSLU one

Yeah, noticed the Friend List just shows it as NSMBU as well. Which I guess it technically correct. Wonder if they can't change the game ID mid play or something.

This gets so brutal...Level 9-2 is EVIL

After getting used to the controls I think its a breeze.

Ive been away all weekend so havent been able to play on it but once I got back I blitzed the thing in around 2 hours. I'm now just collecting all the coins and exits. Ive finished the first two worlds without incident.

Some guy on Gaf was harping on about how the game was a nightmare, in terms of difficulty, and that he couldn't get past 10 lives on his counter. I finished the game sitting on 60!

These young punks and their CoDs...

*Cranky Kong rant*

How come no website seems to be reviewing this?