NEurope
Hero-of-Time

New Super Luigi U

New-Super-Luigi-U-Box-Art.jpg

Thought this deserved its own thread.

Apparently some people have been able to get it already. I tried this morning, fired Mario up, downloaded an updated and accessed the shop via the game. It shows Luigi there but when you try to buy it you get a message saying it needs an update to play it. Others may have more luck with it but I have to shoot off to work now.

EDIT: Just checked, the update I got was an older one as I haven't played it since I finished it.

Downloading as we speak. Only 733MB :)

Not that it matters as i'm at work, but is it on the eshop now then?

Not that it matters as i'm at work, but is it on the eshop now then?

Aye. Has been since midnight :)

Downloading as we speak. Only 733MB :)

Please hurry up and tell us what it is like! If it's as hard as it looks, I can imagine there will be some serious tears for some gamers.

Please hurry up and tell us what it is like! If it's as hard as it looks, I can imagine there will be some serious tears for some gamers.

I would but I have work to do til like 1 :/

I would but I have work to do til like 1 :/

I think I'm going to wait until the boxed version. I just love that green box and it will be a collectors item one day (hopefully).

Aye. Has been since midnight :)

Really? I searched for it this morning using the search function and nothing appeared. I also hit the banner and it still wasn't there.

I think I'm going to wait until the boxed version. I just love that green box and it will be a collectors item one day (hopefully).

Like Serebii, it's both for me. DLC to play now and boxed version for collector purposes.

Really? I searched for it this morning using the search function and nothing appeared. I also hit the banner and it still wasn't there.

Like Serebii, it's both for me. DLC to play now and boxed version for collector purposes.

It's listed under New Super Mario Bros U's page as Add on Content. That's why it wont show up under a search.

It's listed under New Super Mario Bros U's page as Add on Content. That's why it wont show up under a search.

Yeah, I found that while accessing the shop via the game but it said I needed a new update before I could buy it.

Oh, didn't realise it would be up at Midnight. Not that it matters I suppose.

Yeah, I had to load another update on NSMBU before I could download it. It's odd

Yeah, I had to load another update on NSMBU before I could download it. It's odd

Yeah, the other update didn't appear for me at half 6 in the morning. I take it it's there now then.

maybe I'm being incredibly naive here, but I thought this was going to be a FOC add on to NSMBU, I was fairly stunned to see its £17.99.

It has 80+ new levels, so more or less a brand new game, it was never going to be free. £18 sounds about right I reckon.

maybe I'm being incredibly naive here, but I thought this was going to be a FOC add on to NSMBU, I was fairly stunned to see its £17.99.

Giving away a (more or less) completely brand new full Mario game for free seems a bit much to expect here :p

£17.99 is a bargain as far as I'm concerned. It is 80+ brand new levels after all and is also a full retail package on its own...

Why on earth would it have been free? Nintendo isn't a charity...

It's almost as if they are a business. :D

A guy on Gaf has almost finished it. Must not be that long/difficult then.

Edited by Hero-of-Time

Well it should be! and it should release them on iOS for free too, then Android

It's almost as if they are a business. :D

A guy on Gaf has almost finished it. Must not be that long/difficult then.

TBH I can beat NSMBU (or any Mario actually) completely in the span of a day; hell me and a mate took it upon ourselves to blast through NSMBU in just about an hour and a half! (taking all the warps and shortcuts of course ;) )

I'm sure that it's nice and hard (after all, it is designed for people who have already beaten NSMBU). Hopefully it'll be as hard as NSMB Wii! :D

Yeah, the lack if challenge doesn't bother me, especially if its fun. Its only when people/reviewers start spouting on how the game is very difficult, which seems to have happened for most the NSMB games, only for me to beat it quite easily.

I think the hardest levels in a Mario game have been the final secret level in Galaxy 2, Sunshines no Fludd levels and of course The Lost Levels. :D

I seem to remember a Piranha Plant filled level at the very end of NSMBW that made me want to throw my Wii out the window...

I seem to remember a Piranha Plant filled level at the very end of NSMBW that made me want to throw my Wii out the window...

Oh I remember that one... :shakehead (actually that whole world was utterly rage inducing :laughing: )

Looking forward to downloading this later on today. I actually found NSMBU not easy so if this is more of a challenge then I can imagine I will be raging.

I have read quick impressions, and they say that the stages are quite short, about half of the levels of NSMBU. The timer is still tight, tough, and the stages do not have checkpoints in them. Getting all the starcoins in time is a challenge, I hear.

Enjoy your game. I'm gonna wait till boxed version comes. Strange, tough. American get it one mont later than we do.