NEurope
Ramar

Football Season 2013/2014

As much as it's tempting to see United get absolutely pulverized in the next round by Barca, Real or Bayern, it will hit their coffers and share price if they don't make it. As bad as United are, it's Olympiakos! Olympiakos! Wayne Rooneys wages is probably more than the whole of their squad. Greek clubs are ranked 12th I think on the UEFA rankings scale. It's probably the equivalent of losing to a relegation side from League One.

But then at the same time I don't want Moyes to get the sack. It'll ruin all the fun.

We've hit the bottom. I can't actually see us beating anyone at the moment, given how we create a shockingly small amount of chances. It's sad, but years ago we'd have eased through this tie. Yes, the players have to share some of the blame, but they had unwavering belief in the manager. When we were 1-0 down in a game under Fergie, we still knew that there was a good chance of finishing on top and winning the game. Now, we go 1-0 down and the heads drop and nobody knows what to do. As a motivator, Moyes has been very poor.

Considering that he's "tried to make us hard to beat", I'm shocked at just how easily we've been carved open by pretty much everyone. Just what goes on during training? What do they do? I don't understand the tactics, since when have United been about long-balls and punts up the pitch? The defending is dire.

As for tonight, I'm not even sure we'll win the match, let alone the tie. We will concede, because it's just far too easy to score against us. Could see us drawing 1-1 or even winning 2-1 (somehow) and going out. Either way, if you can't get the team motivated for the home game against Liverpool, you can't get them motivated for any game. That's the one I think that has killed off a lot of support for the man. It's come to a point now where if he doesn't change what he's doing (because it isn't working), then he'll lose what's left of the support that he has...including the board.

Anyway, we're playing, so I want us to win. I hope we do batter them tonight and it'll be the start of something better. Hopefully. Come the fuck onnnn.

Edited by Fierce_LiNk

Olympiakos sucker punched right at halftime. Should have been 1-1. Some bad play from both sides. United have had the luck with the penalty and Olympiakos missing those 2 glorious chances.

3-0! Can they hang on? As amusing as their premier league form is, I really do want Man U in the Quarter finals. Hey if they get Dortmund, they might even have a chance of the semis....

Roberto has completely ruined Olympiakos' chances, they've been mugged by Atletico Madrid paying £6 million for him.

Fuck me, that was intense. We rode our luck during a few moments, and De Gea saved our arses with that amazing double save in the first half. But...get the fuck in there! As much as I moan or have moaned about things this season, I have thought about nothing else today aside from this game. Proper butterflies and all that. As soon as the penalty was given and Van Persie put it into the net, I thought we could get something from the game. The second goal was great play between him and Rooney. Great hat-trick goal, too.

If anything, for Moyes' sake, he's won a big game here and needed to do something when the chips were down. They played for him tonight and gave some great performances. Giggs, Rooney and Van Persie looked good. They were all due big performances.

That Roberto is awful...Roy Carroll must be wondering what the hell is going on if that guy is keeping him out of the side!

TBH, before the match didn't think Man U could do it, I figured they'd win but not by the 3 they needed. Very awesome to see Van Persie get a Hat Trick, the free kick was awesome, the keeper could have saved it if he just fell to his right but the fake they pulled (was it Giggs?) did his job and the keeper was just left watching. After they were 3-0 they sat back too much though and let Olympiakos come at them, very lucky to not conceed in the last 10mins.

David DeGOAT was awesome last night. That double save before RVP's 2nd was just incredible.

Promising performance but before people get carried away let us not forget it was Olympiakos and not Bayern, Barca etc... I fully expect us to struggle against West Ham and lose to Manchester City in the next fixtures.

Dare to dream though and imagine lifting the Champions League trophy at the end of the season. Unlikely but a nice thought.

Lets not get carried away Olympiacos were bloody dreadful. Absolutely zero discipline from the start. The amount of reckless and needless challenges they gave away.

When the draw was made everyone expected United to coast through, they only made last night difficult because of a poor away performance. The real test will come when you have to play Real Madrid, Munich, Barca, PSG or even Atletico Madrid.

Yes Olympiakos were awful, they were only better than Galatasaray in the second leg matches. Galatasaray were the worst team by a mile. Juve must have been sick looking at that. Like I said before the game it's only Olympiakos, they're nobodys. At least they managed a few shots on target. With better luck and better finishing they would have got a goal. That double save yes the first save was good, straight at him mind you but the second one De Gea was on his ass at the near post and the Olympiakos player kicks it straight at him again. All their best efforts were straight at him except for the cut back in the first half inside the box blazed over the bar. Let's see them get Real or Bayern in the next round and get trampled to death.

Bought my Semi Final ticket this morning. Can't wait!

But first going to the bodge on saturday.

Am I the only person who expected Man United to get through? I always felt like their task of overturning the 2-0 deficit to Olympiacos was massively overblown by everyone and the second leg went as I anticipated. Man United weren't particularly good, but they were always likely to be just good enough to get through..

It'll be interesting to see how they fare against one of the 'big' teams but congratulations to them on getting the job done last night, I guess :heh:

Am I the only person who expected Man United to get through? I always felt like their task of overturning the 2-0 deficit to Olympiacos was massively overblown by everyone and the second leg went as I anticipated. Man United weren't particularly good, but they were always likely to be just good enough to get through..

It'll be interesting to see how they fare against one of the 'big' teams but congratulations to them on getting the job done last night, I guess :heh:

I expected them to win just wasn't sure if they'd keep a clean sheet or go through. They got all the breaks last night. A stupid penalty to give away, sucker punch before half-time and a soft free kick with terrible goalkeeping. Couple that with bad finishing and you've got a perfect plaster covering up all the cracks. Hope they get hammered at the weekend before they'll be singing the Blues again.

You weren't alone. Just the media playing up Man Utds bad season and hyping the inevitable victory. The way the commentator went on at the final whistle you'd think it was Southend United turning Olympiacos over.

the biggest testament to what Moyes has done at Old Trafford is that everybody in the quarter finals is hoping to get Dortmund or Man Utd.

Remember that amazing direction changing free kick from Roberto Carlos? Well watch this:

Remember that amazing direction changing free kick from Roberto Carlos? Well watch this:

That's just a curl with the outside of the boot. Taking that shot, at that angle was always going to bend the ball away from goal.

Carlos' freekick was something extra, that was all over the shop.

Just a quick reminder, the Champions League draw takes place in about 15 minutes at 11 a.m.

That's some draw. Manchester United are officially out. They drew Bayern Munich.

QUARTER-FINALS-1/2 AND 8/9 APRIL

QF 1 Barcelona(ESP) v Atlético Madrid(ESP)

QF 2 Real Madrid(ESP) v Borussia Dortmund(GER)

QF 3 Paris SG(FRA) v Chelsea(ENG)

QF 4 Man. United(ENG) v Bayern Munich(GER)

Edited by Wii

Draw in full:

X3wVNnR.png

Barca, Real, PSG & Bayern to go through.

Edited by -Dem0-

Draw in full:

X3wVNnR.png

Barca, Real, PSG & Bayern to go through.

No. All but PSG, Chelsea to go through :)

Chelsea, United and Bayern were the last 3 balls left. I was hoping Man United would get PSG. PSG aren't anything special, they'd have enough for United but not sure about Chelsea. Still I'm going to enjoy United hopefully getting embarrassed 10-0 overall.

Real got the handiest draw. Ronaldo will break Messi's record now. They've had so many walkover matches.