NEurope
Ramar

Football Season 2013/2014

Dazzy when ever you argue something you always change the posts and fabricate stuff.

Demo highlighted Ozil needs players around him so he can supply passes/assits.

You comeback with, Ozil isn't world class. World class players do it on their own.

I said. World Class players can't win it on their own it's a team game.

You said Bale was World Class and carried Spurs.

I agreed that he carried you, and thus you proved my point. I never once used the words fulfil or potential. Bale failed to carry your lot to the Champions League places, proving, one player can't do it on their own.

No I don't do that, show me ONE example? You're saying this to demean my post on the off, this forum has far too man people who use this tactic to start a post to get the upper hand. "You're talking shit like always, now my point". Just debate the point.

We were debating whether he was world class or not, he said he needed players and I said world class players can do it on their own. And I gave examples like Bale, Ibra, Messi etc. You agreed with this... How is agreeing with me DISPROVE my point, when I made it? It's just weird. Fact is - he SHOWED HIS WORLD CLASS ABILITY without needing a team, which is the whole point of the conversation. In fact it's the reverse for Arsenal, Arsenal are doing better than expected so how can you say he doesn't have the players around him? Yet HE is a disappointment.

(I genuinely want you to answer my first question, show me ONCE! I know for a fact I NEVER do it so please prove me wrong)

I literally showed an example in that post...

You "literally" didn't.

YOU changed it to being about WINNING things. No one else. My opinion is world class players will show their class irrespective of how incredible the team is, like Bale showed. And Ozil isn't.

But again, how come Arsenal are having a great season for them, yet he isn't performing, when your argument is there isn't the players around him... doesn't make sense, other than looking for excuses...

You're comparing him to the wrong sort of players. Messi, Ronaldo etc. are the type that score goals. Ozil provides others with goals, but the players he is supplying actually need to be decent enough/convert their chances for him to get an assist. I agree he could shoot more than he does, he rarely attempts to score himself, preferring to seek out someone else. He thrives on fast, incisive runs, which happen more with the likes of Theo and Ox (and when he was at Madrid, Ronaldo).

Would you say Fabregas/Xavi/Iniesta aren't world class because they don't score like Messi does? of course not. You're comparing apples to oranges here.

There's no denying that he isn't in a purple patch of form right now, but you shouldn't deny his quality.

You're comparing him to the wrong sort of players. Messi, Ronaldo etc. are the type that score goals. Ozil provides others with goals, but the players he is supplying actually need to be decent enough/convert their chances for him to get an assist. I agree he could shoot more than he does, he rarely attempts to score himself, preferring to seek out someone else. He thrives on fast, incisive runs, which happen more with the likes of Theo and Ox (and when he was at Madrid, Ronaldo).

Would you say Fabregas/Xavi/Iniesta aren't world class because they don't score like Messi does? of course not. You're comparing apples to oranges here.

There's no denying that he isn't in a purple patch of form right now, but you shouldn't deny his quality.

This. I can't be bothered to type but this is right. @dazzybee please stop, he's not my player but I recognise his qualities. Sure it was a hell of a lot of money, maybe too much. He'd walk into nearly any team in the world. Ask yourself why? Yes at the moment he's not on fire but that happens to everyone from time to time.

I'm not saying he should be scoring goals, when I have ever said that? All I've said is that world class players can show their qualities without being surrounded by other world class players... Why is this concept so difficult to understand? I've compared his qualities to others (other than Soldado is a light joke to the bitching he's been getting), but I've just been discussing other world class players and saying they show their class.

And when I have I ever said he isn't a great player? I don't think he's world class, and think he's been a crushing disappointment (not for me) for Arsenal.

This. I can't be bothered to type but this is right. @dazzybee please stop, he's not my player but I recognise his qualities. Sure it was a hell of a lot of money, maybe too much. He'd walk into nearly any team in the world. Ask yourself why? Yes at the moment he's not on fire but that happens to everyone from time to time.

So I should shut up because I have a different opinion to you? This board is AWESOME!!!!!

I don't think he's world class, I think he was way too much money. When did I say he wasn't good, or that a lot of teams wouldn't want him...? Why are people straw-manning it all over the place in the thread?

Prepare for the apacolypse Gentlemen, Wii is starting to make sense.

He was positive about Ozil, Of course you'd agree. Though it should make you realise how wrong you are :D I kid Wii!

I see you didn't answer my questions though. But there's clearly no point, the defensive nature and straw man arguing abilities aren't that interesting.

Damn anyone who doesn't agree eh!!

Edited by dazzybee
Automerged Doublepost

So I should shut up because I have a different opinion to you? This board is AWESOME!!!!!

He did not tell you to shut up, he said "please stop" and then went onto explain his point.

He did not tell you to shut up, he said "please stop" and then went onto explain his point.

Is that not the same thing?

Is that not the same thing?

Not quite, 'shut up' leaves no room for objection, 'please stop' is just something he's asking you to do, you don't have to actually stop.

Enough of this dribble now, it's just bickering.

Premier League returns tomorrow.

Outrageous numbers on Rooney's reported new deal. How do the United fans feel about it? I'd tell him to f### off! £85 million for 5 1/2 years and they'll make him captain next year. Disgusting mercenary. He's shown no loyalty, could have joined City, done nothing to quell the Chelsea talk and that's how they reward him? What about the dealings with Fergie too? He's had 2 good seasons over all the years. He'll sign that and turn into a fat b@st@rd again.

He doesn't want to go abroad, so his options are limited. Who else would pay the reputed £300,000 a week? He's 28 and then future buys would demand equal wages. Part of me would laugh at United if it does happen but at the same time it's bad for the game and he doesn't deserve it.

Edit: It is true. Scumbag!

Edited by Wii

It just goes to show how desperate United are to keep their star players. It's stupid money, most people don't make that much in a year let alone a week, he's laughing all the way to the bank.

That is ludicrous. But the guy is so important to Man U. Imagine them without him this season!

That is ludicrous. But the guy is so important to Man U. Imagine them without him this season!

Yes he's been so good. I can't remember all what I heard on the radio but it's far from impressive. He's scored 1 goal in the last 12 games and before that his last goal was December 1st. There was something else about him having the most shots this season as well but a crap conversion rate. Hardly worth £300,000 a week. To give him the captaincy is ridiculous when he's poison.

Half the contract will run when he's over 30! Held them to ransom two summers in a row.

Football is a mugs game, Man Utd have had their pants pulled down by a master thief.

Speaking of disgusting, thieves and scumbags, Terry scored the only goal 3 minutes into injury time to give Chelsea a 1-0 win. Sickening! In fact I now hear it was a Tim Howard own goal, even worse.

Edited by Wii

Arsenal 4-1 Sunderland.

Comfortable game today, just what Arsenal needed but unfortunately we managed to pick up some new injuries with Koscielny & Wilshere although both don't look that bad. Monreal came off earlier most likely was an injury too (no idea what happened).

Giroud with two goals and an assist but Rosicky's goal was right up there amongst the goals of the season.

@Murr

Bristol City aren't looking too decent. You had a fair few decent chances today. Turn those chances into goals then you may stay up. It is not often I come back from a game and actually think there is a worse team than ourselves.

I know it's rugby but it doesn't have a thread and I need to vent. Curse Sexton he's been a disaster, he's cost us points at both ends. His general play and kicking has been awful. His teammates have let him know.

It just goes to show how desperate United are to keep their star players. It's stupid money, most people don't make that much in a year let alone a week, he's laughing all the way to the bank.

This...is a daft comment. "Club offers new contract to star player who they don't want to go to their rivals shock"...of course we want to keep our star players.

Letting him leave, especially in an argument over money would have been ridiculous. We need to keep hold of our best players, especially as how we've changed our manager and it being the dawn of a new era and all that. Had he gone, what sort of message would that have sent out to the world? Simple. That we can't compete. Signing Mata, giving Rooney and Januzaj big, long-term deals shows the opposite, that we can still compete with the best.

There's been players before him who have been offered shit tons of money. Hell, the majority of Premier League players get paid more in a week than we get paid in a year anyway. It's an over-priced business and we've known that for some time.

I know it's rugby but it doesn't have a thread and I need to vent. Curse Sexton he's been a disaster, he's cost us points at both ends. His general play and kicking has been awful. His teammates have let him know.

Make a new thread for Rugby stuff. You are allowed to make new threads, you know.

It would die a horrible painful death though. Rugby is rubbish.

Delighted for Norwich and Chris Hughton. I'd hate to see them relegated. They were "world class" today. ;)