NEurope
Ramar

Football Season 2013/2014

Have set up the usual temp board for the World Cup and opening it now, bit early but I'm gonna be away for the next week and a bit and figured with the warm up friendlies coming up the weekend there might be some need for World Cup talk before I come back.

http://www.n-europe.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=79

Same drill as usual, I've got threads set up for each round, only mods and admins can create new threads but if you have a topic you would like to discuss post the thread suggestion in the General/Welcome thread and a mod or admin will sort it out.

So, Barcelona are apparently willing to sell Fabregas. He'll probably end up at Arsenal, although I think it would be a great move to go to United. We'll be in the running for him, no doubt, especially after how we pursued him last year.

Frank Lampard's Chelsea career is over, he's going to end his career in the states for New York City FC, yet to be confirmed by the big sports sites though.

Congrats to the Arsenal Ladies completing the FA cup double for the club. Considering the Ladies are bottom of the WPL it was a dominant performance and could have been more than 2-0.

I don't understand how the Ladies league works, how come they have their cup final midway through the season?

I don't understand how the Ladies league works, how come they have their cup final midway through the season?

I think the Woman's Super League only changed to a summer league this season. God knows how they schedule FA Cup games.

Frank Lampard has confirmed he's leaving Chelsea after having been there 13 years. What a Legend he's been for the Club, it'll be sad seeing him ply his trade elsewhere.

648 Games

211 Goals

3 Premier Leagues

4 FA Cups

2 League Cups

1 Champions League

1 Europa League

Edited by Kav

I certainly wouldn't say I'm excited about the signing, but Rickie Lambert does seem absolutely delighted about his boyhood dreams coming true..

4337__6989__495215793_ap_2840_bd6a15fac2009bf41ebfc0d6cdbc0da0.jpg

June 2014 will surely be one of the biggest moments of his life :eek:

Sell Suarez, buy lambert...

Think this is a bizarre signing, the kind of signing you would've made under commoli. But it's cheap I guess.

Yeh.. we should have bought Soldado.. :indeed:

Haha, laugh all you like but he'll come good next season, his record speaks for itself and many players struggle on their first season. Suarez took a couple of seasons to start scoring, couple of seasons ago he couldn't score for anything and I'm sure had one of the worst strike rates in the country.

Suarez took a couple of seasons to start scoring..

He took about 15 minutes into his debut to start scoring :heh:

Gutted, Solpeno needed 50 minutes and a dodgy decision.

Never mind, always next season eh? :indeed:

Just realised, dazzy's current favourite Arsenal wasteman, Podolski, scored more goals. :bowdown:

Haha, laugh all you like but he'll come good next season, his record speaks for itself and many players struggle on their first season. Suarez took a couple of seasons to start scoring, couple of seasons ago he couldn't score for anything and I'm sure had one of the worst strike rates in the country.

He still contributed massively and was pretty much our best player from day 1.

Soldado scored on his debut.

Okay, so soldados shit, every good player in the premier league was awesome day one, who cares what they've achieved previously... Can't be knowledgable football fans...

Okay, so soldados shit, every good player in the premier league was awesome day one, who cares what they've achieved previously... Can't be knowledgable football fans...

What did Solpeno achieve previously? A La Liga title with Real Madrid when you play 5 games (presumably sub appearances) and score 0 goals does not count.

What did Solpeno achieve previously? A La Liga title with Real Madrid when you play 5 games (presumably sub appearances) and score 0 goals does not count.

The three years before he signed for us he'd scored more la liga goals in those three years than anyone else! (Though I may be wrong on this :) ) But 59 goals in 88 starts is pretty good for not playing for one of the two teams in a two team league.

The three years before he signed for us he'd scored more la liga goals in those three years than anyone else! (Though I may be wrong on this :) ) But 59 goals in 88 starts is pretty good for not playing for one of the two teams in a two team league.

You sure pal? (Unless of course you are excluding the two who finished above him, in which case Chelsea just won the league..)

La Liga Goals: 12/13, 11/12, 10/11.

Soldado: 24, 17, 18

Messi: 46, 50, 31

C Ronaldo: 34, 46, 40

Yeah maybe without them two :)

And yeah, I'm sure we'd both prefer our teams finished where Chelsea did last season!

Yeah maybe without them two :)

And yeah, I'm sure we'd both prefer our teams finished where Chelsea did last season!

Nah I'd take winning something this year thanks.

Nah I'd take winning something this year thanks.

It wasn't a choice. I'm saying we'd both want to finish where they did. Which we would.

Dude.. bit of an overreaction :blank: I was only messing about!

I actually never really liked Soldado, even before you signed him, but that's nothing really to do with his qualities. I'm not much of a Lambert fan either but I guess we'll see how he gets on for us :heh:

Dude.. bit of an overreaction :blank: I was only messing about!

I actually never really liked Soldado, even before you signed him, but that's nothing really to do with his qualities. I'm not much of a Lambert fan either but I guess we'll see how he gets on for us :heh:

I wouldn't want lambert personally and think it is a weird signing. But he's certainly affective and at that price it's not a massive gamble for a back up striker.

Do you think you'll keep Suarez?

The Premier League is suddenly losing all of these quality players. No Vidic, Ferdinand, Giggs, Lampard any more. That generation is almost gone. Sad to see them go.

Lambert to Liverpool is a weird signing, but it'll provide cover/an option from the bench, which is what I expect he'll be used as. He's not good enough to displace Sturridge or Suarez from the starting 11, but he can come in and do a job in the second half or if they become injured. As long as he accepts that, he'll be fine.

Southampton are going to struggle next season.