NEurope
Ramar

Football Season 2013/2014

Can't wait for tomorrow either. The real match is Barca v Atletico. What's this mickey mouse game? Hull v Arsenal? Who? What's worse is it on at the exact same time. Stupid ITV!

Pipe down you bitter.

Pipe down you bitter.

Not really. I honestly don't care. It would be nice if Hull won but I won't begrudge either team. Still like I said the Barca game is far more important, has better players on show and will be the better game hopefully.

Strangely not nervous for tomorrow. Just excited. Not sure if that's a good or bad sign...

Strangely not nervous for tomorrow. Just excited. Not sure if that's a good or bad sign...

Enjoy it

Wembley is a great day out. And that is from someone who has followed Sheff Utd to "new" Wembley three times (and lost every chuffin time :( )

BUSted!!! (I made that up myself. They missed a trick there.)

arsenal-team-bus-20140515-140008-193.jpg

Final 2014: Arsenal Paints the Bus ... as Winners Ahead of Wembley Final Against Hull

Arsenal seem so confident they will defeat Hull City in the FA Cup final on Saturday 17 May after a photo emerged of a bus festooned with celebratory messages proclaiming them 2014 FA Cup winners.

Arsene Wenger's side is looking to win its first silverware in almost nine years when they take on Hull City at Wembley.

But judging by the photo published on Twitter, the Gunners seem certain they will overcome Steve Bruce's men and claim their first trophy since they last won the FA Cup in 2005.

It shows a red double-decker bus with the Arsenal badge emblazoned on the back, under which were inscribed the words: 'The FA Cup Winners 2014', above an image of the famous trophy.

But the photo has been interpreted as arrogance by some football fans on Twitter and the north London side has apparently lost the support of neutrals who are now backing the Tigers to win.

Arsenal's road to Wembley started with a 2-0 victory over arch rivals Tottenham Hotspur at the Emirates Stadium.

Coventry, Liverpool and Everton were all put to the sword by Arsenal, who reached the final after defeating Wigan on penalties .

Hull, meanwhile, beat Middlesbrough, Southend United, Brighton & Hove Albion, Sunderland and Sheffield United in the hunt for the club's first-ever major trophy.

But remember what they say about pride coming before a fall.

https://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/fa-cup-final-2014-arsenal-paints-bus-winners-130009114.html

Somebody should let some air out of those tyres and their fat heads.

Edited by Wii

BUSted!!! (I made that up myself. They missed a trick there.)

https://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/fa-cup-final-2014-arsenal-paints-bus-winners-130009114.html

Probably just standard procedure. They make "Champions" hats and t-shirts for both teams in the Superbowl, I think they donate the losing team's gear to the third world. Man City had "Champions" shirts ready to go for last Sunday, I doubt they waited unti lthe final whistle to have them made.

Hope Arsenal win the FA cup, I think Wenger gets a lot of grief but I think he's one of the better managers in the Prem, and Arsenal generally play great football too.

Also hope Barca beat Atletico, win it for Tito.

I know Arsene and Arsenal are alright. I've never had a problem with them and they do play good football. Regardless of the result he should stay on.

I know Arsene and Arsenal are alright. I've never had a problem with them and they do play good football. Regardless of the result he should stay on.

Yeah of all Liverpool's rivals I like Arsenal the most, don't really have much against City either except for the fact they're the kings of "financial doping".

Would be nice to see Wenger win a trophy and get some haters off his back, he deserves some reward for trying to go about things the right way.

I think today we'll see what desire there is in the Arsenal squad, they'll have no better chance in a long time to win a trophy. If they're up for it Hull could be in for a pasting.

Liverpool were recruiting stewards for a Champions parade that never happened...

Also hope Barca beat Atletico, win it for Tito.

Does anyone else support one player?

I support Messi because I just love seeing him do well. I basically follow the Spanish league because of him (Bale also, nice to see some British success too (no, not Welsh)).

I support Messi because I just love seeing him do well. I basically follow the Spanish league because of him (Bale also, nice to see some British success too (no, not Welsh)).

No. It's always the club first. A lot of players are twats, mercenaries. Here today, gone tomorrow but the club always remains. Some players are so obnoxious you'd hate their club because of them. Messi is a special player and he does have a genuine love for Barca.

Anyone else not have a clue it was the Europa League final the other night?

Completely missed it, went full on under the radar.

I watched it, thought it was a decent final. A great second half, probably as good as 0-0s get. Gutted that Benfica didn't win the shootout, but their penalties (the two missed ones) were terrible.

I'm watching the FA Cup Final on telly and the Barca/Atletico match on the laptop. Excellent final so far. Although I'm neutral, I'm rooting for Hull,the underdog to win it and because of Steve Bruce, United hero. :D

Gutted for Atletico so far. 1-0 down and they've lost Costa and Turan to injury. Turan in particular looked distraught when he came off. Can't see Atletico doing it. :(

EDIT: 1-1!!!! CMAAAN ATLETICO!

EDIIIIIT, The Sequel: Fuuuuark. Atletico did eet! Fucking amazing game, they played brilliantly in that second half after losing two hugely influential players. Can't believe it. Totally deserved, too. I couldn't entirely tell because of the sound coming out of the tv, but it sounded like the Barcelona fans were applauding and cheering on Diego Simeone when the Atletico team were on the pitch after the final whistle. Really amazing stuff.

Edited by Fierce_LiNk

did you see them engraving the trophy before the end of the game and then Hull nearly scoring? fooking hell

did you see them engraving the trophy before the end of the game and then Hull nearly scoring? fooking hell

Yeah, that was hilarious.

Been a great game to watch. Arsenal deserve the win. They should have had a bunch of pens and a few Hull players were lucky to be still on the pitch.

Unlucky Hull, they couldn't hold on to that lead. Well played, Arsenal.

Aaron Ramsey and Kieran Gibbs were the heroes today, Ramseys Winner and Gibbs clearance off the line when we were 2-0 down.

Credit to both teams. Terrific game. Fair play to Hull, weren't given any chance and stll could have got the equaliser at the end after leading for so long. It's all the sweeter I guess for Arsenal supporters the way they won. It could have been double the scoreline. I'm happy for Arsenal and Arsene but gutted for Hull too.

Credit to both teams. Terrific game. Fair play to Hull, weren't given any chance and stll could have got the equaliser at the end after leading for so long. It's all the sweeter I guess for Arsenal supporters the way they won. It could have been double the scoreline. I'm happy for Arsenal and Arsene but gutted for Hull too.

Has your account been hacked, brah? I didn't know you had this in you.

So happy that Atlético Madrid did it. Screw Barcelona, nice to see a fresh name on the cup! Full credit to Simeone and the team, especially with two players down.

Didn't really care who won the FA Cup. Great game and I liked the fact a lesser team ended up there and have no bad feelings toward them. However it's nice to see Wenger finally win something, good to see a team and club stand behind a good manager who has essentially failed to win things for years. A good day whatever the outcome.

Roberto Baggio, AC Milan are my Italian team but I watched Baggio where ever he played.

Barca are my Spannish team, so really wanted Barca to win, but fair play to Atletico, they've had an amazing season, and what's another league title to Barca or Real anyway, share the love.

I do love Messi, I've been watching football for about the last 20 years or so and Messi is the best player I've ever seen in that time. Better than Baggio (who's probably my favourite player ever), better than Ronaldinho, better than Zidane, better both Ronaldos.

And Pep's Barcelona is probably the best team I've ever seen, i made a point of trying to watch them whenever i could because it was something special, I'll be telling my kids and grandkids about Messi and that Barca side.

Well done Arsenal and well played Hull.

Edited by pratty

Live from London: Arsenal open their trophy cabinet

Bn3DQBvCIAA9eQD.jpg

Zidane was one of my heroes as a kid. Zidane, Cantona and Roy Keane. I would regularly wake up early to watch Gazetta Football Italia for the likes of Zidane, Ravanelli, Del Piero, Inzaghi and Paolo Maldini. Italian football from the 80s to the mid 00s was unbelievable.

I've never supported just one player, because United are my team. But, I follow certain players avidly...but it's not quite up there with my love for United. Zidane has to be the one for me. These days, Ronaldo. He's an absolute monster.

Seeing Arsene Wenger climb those stairs and lift that trophy...

crying-waterfalls.gif