NEurope
Ramar

Football Season 2013/2014

Bah fuck the World Cup. Its Soccer Aid this Sunday.

I had an absolute blast at Soccer Aid in 2012, it's a lot of fun.

On the matter of the World Cup.....I'm really not sure what to make of Rooney. Playing out on the left today against Ecuador when we have players who have played better in that position this season. Sturridge clearly the man up front and we are only playing with one traditional striker, so where does that leave Rooney, I think it could be argued that both Adam L and Barkley are better choices in the hole.

Also weren't his best seasons at United when he played as the main striker? I feel like if Roy is decided Sturridge is better in that position perhaps Rooney shouldn't be starting. Last chance to shine at a World Cup for me, I feel if he under performs again come 2018 it's going to be tough to justify him being anywhere near the starting XI.

Arsenal have told Barcelona that they won't resign Fabregas. So who'll he join? We know he wants a Premier League return and for the price tag it'll have to be to a title rival, Manchester City ruled it out already so could he follow van Persie to United or will he go to Chelsea?

Honestly, we should've just signed him. WC player, great age, knows the league & club, loved by the majority of AFC fans. He would also help with our squad rotation ESPECIALLY when you consider our never ending injury problems.

I never thought that he would go to any other club (apart from Arsenal/Barca), but if he does... Ugh.

Just imagining my favourite footballer playing for Chelsea/City and the likes.

It's not a good feeling.

I'd love him at Liverpool, but he's off to Chelski.

I've never really been his biggest fan, but if anyone can fit into our midfield, Emre Can.. :awesome:

Honestly, we should've just signed him. WC player, great age, knows the league & club, loved by the majority of AFC fans. He would also help with our squad rotation ESPECIALLY when you consider our never ending injury problems.

I never thought that he would go to any other club (apart from Arsenal/Barca), but if he does... Ugh.

Just imagining my favourite footballer playing for Chelsea/City and the likes.

It's not a good feeling.

Our squad has some glaring issues, the one place it doesn't is unfortunately where Cesc plays and £30 million is far too much money to be spent strengthening a position that is already very strong. Especially when we have other areas in need of much improvement.

That said, Cesc was always one of my favourite players, and it will totally suck to see him wearing another Premiership clubs shirt.

I think the major thing preventing Fabregas returning to Arsenal is Mesut Ozil. In their minds they already have that creative midfielder who they just spent money on and the starting XI in theory has more glaring faults that need addressing to push on....plus accomodating Wilshire, Ramsey, the Ox, Rosicky, Arteta, Carzola.

Problem is half our midfield is ageing the half is made of glass. I'd take Cesc back.

Well I've no idea why we signed him but there's no disputing his ability.

It's sad for Fabregas that he's become a squad player since leaving Arsenal. He deserves to be a first team regular which is a shame, he's going to be absolutely slaughtered by the majority of Gooners when he plays at the Emirates. it's diabolical that we didn't sign him back, we know he could change a big game which has been our Achilles heel in recent times, obviously they thought it was too much to pay for a position we have a lot of players for already, but they seriously better invest the portion of the transfer fund we get for the Fabregas sale in important areas or I think there may be a real backlash from the fans.

Edited by Emerald Emblem

Problem is half our midfield is ageing the half is made of glass. I'd take Cesc back.

Not just him; Song was absolutely incredible at Arsenal.

Not just him; Song was absolutely incredible at Arsenal.

Let's not get carried away. Song had a decent final season, but had many average ones. I wouldn't describe any performance as 'absolutely incredible'. He's been shown up at Barca, like Hleb and Petit before him.

One word. Bitter.

Who?

Is this regards to Cesc or Song?

I don't see how it applies to Cesc as we turned him down, don't for a second think he'd have gone to your mob if we'd wanted him.

If it's Song, I agree with Ramar. For a supposedly defensive minded midfielder he was woefully forgetful of his duties and far too rash in the tackle. He had some good qualities and played some good matches for us but I don't think too many fans were sad he went, considering the return we got for him too.

If you weren't referring to any of this than ignore me completely.

One word. Bitter.

In regards to Cesc? Hello Captain Obvious.

Song? Pipe down.

Sagna to Manchester City confirmed.

Worked hard, played hard, saw out his contract. All the best to him.