NEurope
Ramar

Football Season 2013/2014

Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

:'(

On the other hand, 30 more minutes of football. :yay:

Well damn did not expect that to happen...even though Real seemed more hungry I thought Alethico would hold out then BAM

Bring on extra time

Haha. Loving it!

To be fair, Real deserve a goal. I think it was just a question of when they would score rather than if they would score.

So many finals going to extra time this season!

Want a Ronaldo wonder goal to seal it now.

The game only really got exciting in the last 10 or 15 minutes.. but I'm well up for 30 more :hehe:

Second half flew by, so much better than the first, credit to Atletico not just shutting up shop too.

Fairly indifferent to who wins, but Atletico's goal would have been a soft one to settle it, and everybody would have pointed the finger at Bale for wasting best chances of an equaliser.

Pretty poor game so far but those last 10 minutes had me on the edge of my seat! Still would love to see AM win it. Have to say Bale and Ronaldo have been very poor. Thankfully they've had Di Maria to carry them.

Pretty poor game so far but those last 10 minutes had me on the edge of my seat! Still would love to see AM win it. Have to say Bale and Ronaldo have been very poor. Thankfully they've had Di Maria to carry them.

Di Maria has been brilliant. I wasn't a fan of him, but he's looked the business for the last two seasons or so. Wouldn't surprise me if he comes up with the winner.

Real miss Alonso's service. They've struggled going through the middle as Atletico have kept it tight there.

Well all those missed chances Bale had earlier have been forgetten now.

All over now. Well done Real, good effort Atletico.

I wonder what all the know-it-all-in-hindsight press will say about Simeone now, they were all getting ready about to praise him to the high heavens as a tactical genius and all the rest of it going into injury time, shows how narrow the margins are.

Gutted for Atletico. Felt they deserved it over the 90 but didn't have the legs for extra time. Like Simeone, I thought the ref added on too much time. The score line didn't reflect the game. Di Maria man of the match for me.

All over now. Well done Real, good effort Atletico.

I wonder what all the know-it-all-in-hindsight press will say about Simeone now, they were all getting ready about to praise him to the high heavens as a tactical genius and all the rest of it going into injury time, shows how narrow the margins are.

They should say exactly the same things as they would have done before the game, that Simeone has done an immense job and it has been a tremendous achievement to get Atletico to the final (they were 2 minutes away from winning it) and to clinch La Liga along the way. To lose in the final against Real Madrid, with Costa out/going off after less than 10 minutes and with the likes of Benzema, Ronaldo, Bale, Modric and Di Maria in that Real Madrid starting line-up is no shame.

Gutted for Atletico. They didn't deserve to lose that 4-1, scoreline is harsh.

Simeone trying his best to make people dislike him at the end there, throwing a hissy fit and running onto the pitch.

To be honest I didn't really like Atletico's style. So many cynical fouls and bookings.

*insert joke about John Terry running onto the pitch wearing a Real Madrid shirt here*

They should say exactly the same things as they would have done before the game, that Simeone has done an immense job and it has been a tremendous achievement to get Atletico to the final (they were 2 minutes away from winning it) and to clinch La Liga along the way. To lose in the final against Real Madrid, with Costa out/going off after less than 10 minutes and with the likes of Benzema, Ronaldo, Bale, Modric and Di Maria in that Real Madrid starting line-up is no shame.

Gutted for Atletico. They didn't deserve to lose that 4-1, scoreline is harsh.

I agree but I can just see the headline "naive Simeone" for playing Costa etc. And yet if Ramos' header hits the post, they write no such thing. The margins can be that slim.

I'm glad for Ancelotti, he really is one of the top managers.

Feel very sorry for the Atletico fans, to be that close and have it ripped away from them. Still, La Liga chapions isn't a bad consolation prize.

*insert joke about John Terry running onto the pitch wearing a Real Madrid shirt here*

If you don't insert it, John Terry will..

To be honest I didn't really like Atletico's style. So many cynical fouls and bookings.

Yeah they definitely hacked them down as much as they could in the final third, as though it was a deliberate part of the plan. It is what it is though, they can do that if they want, some even argue fouls are a resource of the game, just annoys me when people praise stopping the opposition by any means necessary as some tactical masterstroke. Pressure is one thing, but cropping the opposition every time they threaten is a cheap tactic whether you're an underdog or not.

I agree but I can just see the headline "naive Simeone" for playing Costa etc. And yet if Ramos' header hits the post, they write no such thing. The margins can be that slim.

I'm glad for Ancelotti, he really is one of the top managers.

Feel very sorry for the Atletico fans, to be that close and have it ripped away from them. Still, La Liga chapions isn't a bad consolation prize.

He had to play Costa from the start. If he plays from the start, you can always take him off at some point if it doesn't work out. Plus it gives the team a boost seeing him there. Keeping him on the bench and then bringing him on would have been a terrible tactical move as you potentially lose two subs there; one by bringing Costa on and then another by taking him off again. Not playing him at all would be an option, but then he's the best player and if there's a slight chance he can make a difference in the game (like if they had a penalty in the 5th minute or something) then they have to take that chance.

Ancelotti is incredible. Chelsea were retarded sacking him a few seasons back. Brilliant manager, knows how to win things and he is just generally a likeable guy. Wouldn't complain one bit if he was my manager.

If you don't insert it, John Terry will..

Only if we're team-mates. :D

Yeah they definitely hacked them down as much as they could in the final third, as though it was a deliberate part of the plan. It is what it is though, they can do that if they want, some even argue fouls are a resource of the game, just annoys me when people praise stopping the opposition by any means necessary as some tactical masterstroke. Pressure is one thing, but cropping the opposition every time they threaten is a cheap tactic whether you're an underdog or not.

I'd love to hear @Wii's reaction and if he wanted Atletico to win. Considering they more or less employed the same tactics as Chelsea two years ago (and I swear Chelsea weren't as cynical) I'm hoping he is as disgusted at Atletico as he was Chelsea :heh:

I'd love to hear @Wii's reaction and if he wanted Atletico to win. Considering they more or less employed the same tactics as Chelsea two years ago (and I swear Chelsea weren't as cynical) I'm hoping he is as disgusted at Atletico as he was Chelsea :heh:

Chelsea's situation was a bit more farcical when you consider that they spent a stupid sum of money on that team and have more funds to spare/buy more players if they needed to. Although, they had sacked their manager and were relying on a then-interim manager to guide them through. So, to that extent, they hadn't had an awful lot of time to set things up properly, do the things that Di Matteo would have truly wanted with the resources that he had. It's not quite that simple.

Edit: LOL, just noticed that my last.fm list in my profile/on the left has an all Oasis list. Yours has Blur. BRITPOP FIIIIGHT.

Edited by Fierce_LiNk

I've not seen many games from La Liga this year and I was pleasantly surprised by the voracity of the Atletico team. They were able to really snuff out Real's attacking ability for a large proportion of the game. The last 20-30 mins were much more sloppy, but the Atletico defence did a fantastic job at keeping benzema, bale and ronaldo at bay for as long as they did.

But as the gas ran out, the real subs started to shine. Real went down the left flank 90% of the time with these fresh legs and it helped to wear Atletico down. Bale's goal was a pure example of Atletico's physical exhaustion, and the two quick following goals were an example of the mental exhaustion.

Spain and Germany have domestic teams that are winning with style and with excellence -- and with teams that are practically the national side with a few substitutions. All we need is for Southampton to lift the Premier League next year and we'll be in a position to take over the world! :P