NEurope
Ramar

Football Season 2013/2014

Great final for the neutral. Scoreline flattered Hull, it's not an exaggeration to say we could have had 6, plus a couple of pens. Hull started really well and we looked nervous. Still even when we went 2-0 down I was still confident our superior class would show through. So happy for all the players, especially Rambo. I always knew he'd be a player, even when everyone was writing him off a couple of seasons ago.

Did feel a bit cringey watching Vermaelen lift the trophy, more an afterthought nowadays.

Has your account been hacked, brah? I didn't know you had this in you.

No, it's me. I give credit where it's due. So here's some more. While I wish Barca had won the league, I'm delighted for Atletico and feel it'll do more for them than if Barca had won again. I think Atletico deserved it more anyway before today.

Yeah, that was hilarious.

Been a great game to watch. Arsenal deserve the win. They should have had a bunch of pens and a few Hull players were lucky to be still on the pitch.

I think Huddlestone in particular was lucky. He was hacking all over the shop.

What a weekend.

Only slept 3.5 hours yesterday morning, like a kid at Christmas I was far too excited. I was in the ground early like the semi to soak up all the atmosphere. Got Ian Wright and Robert Pires' autographs, which was a nice bonus.

The game itself was fairly unenjoyable. Going 0-2 down was just unbelievable and I was honestly filled with despair. Sent my friends a text jokingly saying "I want to die". We were shell shocked. Santi's goal was out of this world, the only direct free kick we've scored all season! Bosscielny (lol, Chelsea lads in this thread) scored in a big match (what the?!). And then the man of the season winning it. The Arsenal end exploded, I have two huge bruises on my right leg where celebrations just went mental.

I had about 5 hours sleep last night then headed down the Emirates for the parade and celebrations. Brilliant stuff. So glad the good times have come back and we can put all those twatty 9 years comments to bed.

My mug

10366104_10152425040878630_7802352937150718898_n.jpg

Robert Pires

10390415_10152425042123630_1564940282660242397_n.jpg

Pre game

10292141_10152425042513630_6077961993743626309_n.jpg

Post Game

10303370_10152425043143630_6675090764928744678_n.jpg

Today at the Emirates

10368230_10152425288593630_1853191131361662111_n.jpg

Bn68aalIEAA3X_V.jpg:large

Edited by Ramar

Football was alive for a while with Hull 2-0 up and Atletico drawing 0-0,

Then it died when Barca scored, then it died more when Arsenal scored.

All in all... Footballs still dead as Dortmund lost...

Save us Atletico in the CL Final, you're our only hope.

Van Gaal to Manchester United if official so there's a chance it could come back alive next season.

Van Gaal to Manchester United if official so there's a chance it could come back alive next season.

Dude, you do know Atletico scored after that right? Right!? Or did you have a bet on a goalless draw?

You do realise that Atletico equalised and won La Liga, haha?

Also come on, Barca and Arsenal are two of the most attractive football sides around. That team goal this season that Arsenal scored with all the flicks and back heels was like Harlem Globetrotter stuff. I hope teams like Arsenal and Barcelona and Liverpool and Bayern save us from smash and grab pragmatism. :)

Feeling fairly neutral about the CL final, would normally love to see Evil Madrid lose but I got's love for Ancelotti for being a boss at Milan.

I'm really happy with Van Gaal's appointment. There isn't anyone available who can do a better job, and I think he'll be a great fit at the club. Let's see who his signings are.

Giggs probably should have retired a few seasons ago, but he's doing the right thing now and stepping aside. Let the youngsters come through and have a go. Club legend, no doubt. Will be strange not seeing his name on the teamsheet. One of my heroes as a kid. :)

Oh yeah I know that Atletico did go on to draw thus winning La Liga, it was just as the day was running football was dying more at different stages. It definitely got a kick back to life when Atletico equalized ;)

heard on Radio 1 this morning Van Gaal has already got a list of transfer targets he wants. Very interested to see that list.

heard on Radio 1 this morning Van Gaal has already got a list of transfer targets he wants. Very interested to see that list.

Think German.

Marco Reus, Matts Hummels and Toni Kroos are sure to be on it. Rumours are also that he wants Robben and Mandzukic too.

Think German.

Marco Reus, Matts Hummels and Toni Kroos are sure to be on it. Rumours are also that he wants Robben and Mandzukic too.

Not a bad list really. Not overly sure on Mandzukic though?

I saw Mandzukic for the first time in the BBC Gossip Column (the most reliable of sources...) today or yesterday. It's not that bad a shout though as Bayern are bringing in Lewandowski.

Ashley Cole is up for grabs, any club would still be lucky to have him...why are we doing this???

Ashley Cole is up for grabs, any club would still be lucky to have him...why are we doing this???

I'd take the cunt back, doubt he's forgiven us though.

Yaya Toure seems to be up for grabs too! Although he comes with a certificate of insanity and a crazy agent too.

Yaya Toure seems to be up for grabs too! Although he comes with a certificate of insanity and a crazy agent too.

Yeah, I heard this on the radio on the way into work. Apparently he hasn't been treated with respect by the clubs staff. I thought they would be eager to try and keep him, given the season he just had.

Yeah, I heard this on the radio on the way into work. Apparently he hasn't been treated with respect by the clubs staff. I thought they would be eager to try and keep him, given the season he just had.

Or you know, he's a greedy cunt and spinning a load of shit for more money?

Or you know, he's a greedy cunt and spinning a load of shit for more money?

Or that as well. :D

Apparently the club owners didn't wish him a happy birthday when they met last week. Sounds like he wants more money.

So non-English N-Europers, how do you want to England to do in the World Cup?

I've been thinking about it and I wouldn't mind seeing England do quite well. The lack of optimism in the press this year has really got to me and there's no arrogance in the camp like there sometimes is. I don't think I could handle seeing (and hearing for years to come) you winning it again but I would like to see you guys do well in the group stages (and then perhaps get pumped by Germany or maybe Argentina).

So non-English N-Europers, how do you want to England to do in the World Cup?

I want them to WIN it : peace:

I want England to win the WC. Think they'll go further this time, but Germany is my pick to win it.

Atleticoooooooooo!

1049.gif

Just another 45 to go. How amazing would it be if they did it?!

Atleticoooooooooo!

1049.gif

Just another 45 to go. How amazing would it be if they did it?!

Would be a good underdog story but Real have always been my Spanish team so want them to win it.

Atletico have already won the league, that's enough :heh:

Not the best game so far, can't recall a shot in the first 30 minutes.

The playoff final had a dramatic finish earlier, Derby were all over QPR before Zamora scored.

Fair play to QPR for winning, but come on, a trophy and medals, for promotion? Maybe i'm being a killjoy but it doesn't seem right to me, does second in the Championship get a trophy and medals as well? :hmm: