NEurope
Ramar

Football Season 2013/2014

I can see West Ham maybe getting a draw but not a win it's gonna come down to that blasted 3-3 with palace and defeat to Chelsea I guess.

So unless Norwich score 17 goals they're relegated on Sunday.

I hear they called @bob earlier to ask for advice.

Ok as a geordie I don't really enjoy pointing this out but can we all take a second to be amazed at the mind boggling what the fuckery of how Poyet has managed to keep Sunderland up?

The fact that both Sunderland and Palace are staying up is astonishing.

Ok as a geordie I don't really enjoy pointing this out but can we all take a second to be amazed at the mind boggling what the fuckery of how Poyet has managed to keep Sunderland up?

The fact that both Sunderland and Palace are staying up is astonishing.

I like to imagine the smug faces of the teams who were above them turn to terror as first Crystal Pulis, then Sunderpoyet just disappear into the heady positions of mid table.

So unless Norwich score 17 goals they're relegated on Sunday.

I hear they called @bob earlier to ask for advice.

I've put together a game plan. Emailing it to Neil now.

It involves at least 6 strikers. None of which are RVW.

what a drab final day to season. I was expecting so many games to be critical. Now the bottom 3 are gone, top 4 are confirmed and City are almost nailed on. Plus the FA Cup is a foregone conclusion. At least Spain should be brilliant Atletico vs Barca final game, winner takes all.

what a drab final day to season. I was expecting so many games to be critical. Now the bottom 3 are gone, top 4 are confirmed and City are almost nailed on. Plus the FA Cup is a foregone conclusion. At least Spain should be brilliant Atletico vs Barca final game, winner takes all.

Yeah it was shaping up to be so exciting but now there's very little to play for apart from Spurs/Man Utd. Even that is unlikely to change as I can't see Spurs losing.

what a drab final day to season..

I was too young to remember the last time Liverpool won the title so, for me at least, it's exciting to even be in with a shot of snatching it on the last day this season :hehe:

We can all look at how Liverpool may have blown a massive opportunity but it was an amazing run that got us into that position in the first place and nobody gave us much of a chance to even get into the final Champion's League spots before the season began.

It's been an awesome year and, yes, it would have been more exciting if the relegation battle was still going on and if Man City, Liverpool and Chelsea were all still in with a good shot at the title, but the fact that we're within touching distance on Sunday should be congratulated rather than ridiculed : peace:

Probably, although all it takes is an early goal from West Ham, or a random sending off for City or something to make it exciting again.

I'd expect Big Sam to send out West Ham fairly defensively and hard to break down. If Chelsea and Liverpool are winning then City will be feeling pretty nervous if they're only drawing. If City were to lose a player it could be an exciting backs to the wall defensive performance to win the title rather than comfortable steamrolling.

What do people think of the proposals to have a new league sandwiched between League 2 and the Conference for "B" teams?

I'm against it if these teams can be promoted to the regular football period. Reason for this as the teams from the Premier League clubs would work their way up the league pyramid resulting in the small clubs being relegated, receiving less cash and probably ceasing to exist.

I'm sorry but I don't want to see a Man U, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool or Spurs "B" team taking a place from another club.

What do people think of the proposals to have a new league sandwiched between League 2 and the Conference for "B" teams?

I'm against it if these teams can be promoted to the regular football period. Reason for this as the teams from the Premier League clubs would work their way up the league pyramid resulting in the small clubs being relegated, receiving less cash and probably ceasing to exist.

I'm sorry but I don't want to see a Man U, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool or Spurs "B" team taking a place from another club.

It's bollocks, plain and simple. It won't make one blind bit of difference to the national team. It will only serve for the 'top clubs' to hoard more youth players, who will then be in this league, not make it and then end up at League 1/2 clubs. The clubs their 'progression' will have hampered anyway.

At the end of the day top quality players get their chance. What's wrong with the national team isn't necessarily the premier league clubs, or foreign players. It's shit coaching at youth level. Down the local parks, Sunday league. Kids aren't being taught to play the game like Holland, Spain or Germany, they're being taught 70s Stoke hoof ball. Big tall quick kid up front, smash it long to him. No passing, no time on the ball, no expression.

It's bollocks, plain and simple. It won't make one blind bit of difference to the national team. It will only serve for the 'top clubs' to hoard more youth players, who will then be in this league, not make it and then end up at League 1/2 clubs. The clubs their 'progression' will have hampered anyway.

At the end of the day top quality players get their chance. What's wrong with the national team isn't necessarily the premier league clubs, or foreign players. It's shit coaching at youth level. Down the local parks, Sunday league. Kids aren't being taught to play the game like Holland, Spain or Germany, they're being taught 70s Stoke hoof ball. Big tall quick kid up front, smash it long to him. No passing, no time on the ball, no expression.

so true, at youth level the biggest, fastest kids are singled out and quickly snatched up by the big clubs, problem is that by 15/16 years old the physical attributes have all evened out and suddenly the only advantage these kids had that made them look better have gone, meanwhile the smaller more talented players have already been told they can't make it by the time they catch up physically. Still most young English talent, with the exception of Wilshere are big strong and fast, Barkley being a classic example.

Not only that, any smaller skillful players, your Messis, Neymars etc will be told that they're too small and if they do play the opposition instructions will be to just bully them off the ball.

so true, at youth level the biggest, fastest kids are singled out and quickly snatched up by the big clubs, problem is that by 15/16 years old the physical attributes have all evened out and suddenly the only advantage these kids had that made them look better have gone, meanwhile the smaller more talented players have already been told they can't make it by the time they catch up physically. Still most young English talent, with the exception of Wilshere are big strong and fast, Barkley being a classic example.

Not only that, any smaller skillful players, your Messis, Neymars etc will be told that they're too small and if they do play the opposition instructions will be to just bully them off the ball.

Could not agree more.

Not to say I'd have ever made it, but I literally fell into that category. When I was around 15, I got dropped by my sunday league manager for being too short (he literally told me this). Even though I was clearly one of the better technical players. I spent a year on the bench, and then dropped down a division to play for a different team. By then I'd lost a shit load of confidence and my fitness suffered. I reckon I could have played Ryman league level at least... :indeed:

ah yes the old classic "shoulder barge" what stupid fucking rule, you can basically knock over a smaller opponent without any intention of playing the ball.

So the B teams cannot progress into the Championship. Instead it's just going to wreck the lower leagues. Again the FA is going to screw over the smaller clubs and the Football League in general.

Could not agree more.

Not to say I'd have ever made it, but I literally fell into that category. When I was around 15, I got dropped by my sunday league manager for being too short (he literally told me this). Even though I was clearly one of the better technical players. I spent a year on the bench, and then dropped down a division to play for a different team. By then I'd lost a shit load of confidence and my fitness suffered. I reckon I could have played Ryman league level at least... :indeed:

Lacking fitness? You're welcome at Kippen any time you want. You'd fit right in with the rest of our squad!

Paddy Power serving up some more gold, loved this and the Arsenal lads are great sports.

Sepp Blatter says he intends to stand for fifth term as Fifa president:

The Fifa president, Sepp Blatter, has dropped another hint that he intends to stand for a fifth term as the head of football's governing body in next year's election.

"I want to do it because it's not over yet," he said during an event in Zurich, according to the Swiss newspaper Blick. "My mandate is certainly coming to its end but my mission is not yet complete."

The 78-year-old was elected unopposed for a fourth term in 2011 after his rival, Mohamed Bin Hammam, withdrew his candidacy having been accused of offering cash for votes. Bin Hammam was later banned from football for life by Fifa.

Blatter, who has occupied the role since June 1998, initially said this would be his final term but has since hinted at a change of mind. In February, he told a Swiss radio station: "I'm in good health and I don't see why I should now think about stopping the work, about the consolidation of Fifa. If the member associations ask me to be a candidate, I would not say no."

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/may/09/sepp-blatter-fifth-term-fifa-president

They may as well report Blatter wins fifth term...he is either going to stand unopposed or find someway to make his opponents step down when some evidence of misconduct arises form nowhere. They should put a limit on the number of terms someone can serve....all this for man with an over inflated ego who somehow thinks he will win a nobel peace prize for taking the World Cup to every continent when really he should be in jail.

Plus the FA Cup is a foregone conclusion.

Anything but.

That's the EPL out of your hands for a while.

Be-fucking-have.

Admittedly you'll throw the 6-0 back at me, but Bosscielny is one of the best centre backs in the league. Easily.

Wow and I thought Dazzy was delusional.

Sorry with that sort of claim you're going to have to prove it.