NEurope
Ramar

Football Season 2013/2014

I could have potentially seen City drawing against Aston Villa on Wednesday, but I can't see them losing either of their last two at the Etihad :hmm:

It's been an amazing season, but I'm gutted tonight :(

By the way, Spurs' official account tweeted that vine but then deleted it soon after.

gCERJga.jpg

Showed no class by tweeting that, but even worse is the fact that they're laughing at title contenders when their club were never in contention.

Edited by -Dem0-

Closest involvement Spurs have had in a title race for 53 years..

The game was 3-1 to Liverpool when I last checked. What the fuck happened?!

Not sure why Spurs are posting about that, it's not really any of their business. Weren't they supposed to be challenging for the title after their huge summer spending?

People need to lighten up. It's a sad day when a bit of banter on twitter causes so much uproar. If Spurs mocked Liverpool, it's a bit of a 'so what', after all, aren't people allowed to have a laugh?

People need to lighten up. It's a sad day when a bit of banter on twitter causes so much uproar. If Spurs mocked Liverpool, it's a bit of a 'so what', after all, aren't people allowed to have a laugh?

People are. Clubs should show respect.

Manchester City fined 50 million!

Manchester City are set to be fined £50m and will have to contest next season's Champions League with a squad size limited to 21 players, after being found guilty of breaching UEFA's financial fair play rules.

Sky sources understand the fine will be payable over three years although City are reportedly contesting the sanctions.

And with City deciding to appeal, the case will now be handed to a panel whose non-negotiable decision will be final.

Full confirmation of the fine and conditions imposed is expected by the end of the week or early next week.

The risk of not agreeing with this decision is that the club could face even stiffer penalties from the CFCB's (UEFA's club financial control board) adjudicatory panel.

The reduction in the size of their Champions League squad however, from 25 to 21, will hit the club hardest, with City having to ensure that there are still eight locally-trained players in their squad.

City boss Manuel Pellegrini refused to give his opinion regarding the sanction, saying: "When it is official news of UEFA we can analyse what happens with

the team. In this moment we don't know what happens."

UEFA president Michel Platini said recently that he did not expect any club to be excluded from next season's Champions League for breaching spending limits.

French giants Paris Saint-Germain are one of eight other clubs currently under investigation for breaking UEFA's financial rules.

French newspaper L'Equipe has reported that PSG are facing even stiffer penalties from UEFA than City.

Like City, they will be fined and see their Champions League squad reduced. But they will also have restrictions imposed on their wage bill and their transfers.

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger is among those to have previously called for harsh sanctions on clubs that break Financial Fair Play rules.

He said last week: "There are rules to apply for Financial Fair Play. If you don't respect them, you have to apply the rules.

"One of the rules is that normally you should be banned for the excess of the financial amount that is not justified, that is if you are £100m overboard, you should be punished for £100m of your wages bill in the Champions League.

"I want to see that respected, if that is not respected, then the financial fair play will have problems to be respected in the future because everyone will just not consider it at all.

"If it is not respected, of course we will feel let down."

So my fears for this are being realized....it's a money making scheme veiled as an attempt to bring far play.....So now Man City have to absorb 50 million of losses over 3 years as well as trying to balance out the losses that caused them to get punished in the first place. (along with suspect sponsorship deals) so their only hope of doing this is progressing further in the Champions League something made harder by only having a 21 man squad. In another 3 years time I can guarantee further sanctions are made and the coffers keep filling up at UEFA. I'd be interested if there is actually any plan for this money, reinvestment in grass roots? Nah probably just going in some ones back pocket UEFA just as corrupt as FIFA in my view.

I'm not sure what the fine is supposd to achieve. Essentially it just puts the up the price of buying the top players, which the rich clubs can afford, what's another £50 mil to team like City that have already spent several hundreds of millions on players in the last few years.

It's a bit like fining a business for breaking regulations, if you fine them less than they can make by breaking the regulations then it would be bad business not to break the rules.

In their last 2 Champions League campaigns they've only used a total of 21 players in each. Might not really affect them that much.

What a large fine would do is mean they can sign 1 less player as the £50m is essentially one £25m signing + wages for 3-4 years.

Absolutely amazing result last night! So glad Liverpool lost and even. Enter seeing Suarez cry like that, it'll be one of the last things he does in the premiership, a fitting end to the most repulsive footballer I've seen in my life time. Now cue Liverpool to struggle for top 6 again without Suarez and not playing over 10 games less than the rest of us...

Only thing that will beat it is Hull winning the cup!

Ps oh, saw giroud today on my eurostar!

Just you worry about Spurs, @dazzybee, instead of indulging in the failures of everyone else :nono:

But there's nothing to worry about, our seasons been over a long time.

Don't make out we dont all do it, we all have teams we dont want to see win things and such. Liverpool for the league and arsenal anything are mine.

Absolutely amazing result last night! So glad Liverpool lost

It was a draw lol.

Oh please God let City lose tomorrow, I would love us to win the league by the point we're being mocked over.

It was a draw lol.

Oh please God let City lose tomorrow, I would love us to win the league by the point we're being mocked over.

Haha. Yes. But it must have felt like a loss.

Ok so a random thought crossed my mind....When Chris Houghton was sacked from Norwich there was this obvious thing big thing about black managers....how come this guy didn't factor into the "there are no ethnic minority managers in professional football"

felix-magath-von-schalke-04-fordert-frisches-geld-fuer-neue-spieler-foto-imago-.jpg

Felix Magath? He is half Puerto Rican, half German. Now people from Puerto Rica from what I understand can often relate as both black and Hispanic. Aside from that he is visibly a minority, it's just suddenly crossed me as very strange.

Edited by flameboy

City draw tonight, both Liverpool and City lose the last game and Chelsea win for the final twist in the season! Please god please!!! Haha

Haha. Yes. But it must have felt like a loss.

It did, to be fair.

Ok so a random thought crossed my mind....When Chris Houghton was sacked from Norwich there was this obvious thing big thing about black managers....how come this guy didn't factor into the "there are no ethnic minority managers in professional football" Felix Magath? He is half Puerto Rican, half German.

Because you and me, and most normal, none race obscessed, none white-guilt ridden people couldn't give a toss about his ethnicity.

I noticed the guy has olive skin but didn't think about it any more than that, could just be a tan, could be his ethnicity, I didn't know and didn't care to find out, I had no idea he was half hispanic or whatever. That's how none racist and none race-obscessed I am. In fact I'm so unconcerned with a person's race, I don't even know what racial representation is supposed to achieve. If black skin is a good as white skin, and vice-versa, how does that make football better? Clearly the irony of positive descrimination seems lost on some people.

City draw tonight, both Liverpool and City lose the last game and Chelsea win for the final twist in the season! Please god please!!! Haha

I'm praying too, and my god's better than your god, haha. Actually maybe if we just join forces and just pray for City to lose tonight it might actually happen.

Seriously I'm not even going to torture myslef by following the game tonight, just gonna checkout the BBC website for the result at 9:50 or whenever.

I'm strangely hopeful though, it's what we do, "walk on, with hope in your heart..." and all that. The good thing is if even if City win tonight there's still one more game left to believe in miracles. Maybe Big Sam's the man to frustrate City, Andy Carroll to score a late winner to pay back the £35mil. :)

Edited by pratty
Automerged Doublepost

Don't make out we dont all do it, we all have teams we dont want to see win things and such.

I certainly do haha!

Who is James Wilson? And Lawrence?

I've seen his name pop up quite a few times this season on United forums and it was expected that he would be one for the future. I'm a bit surprised he was given a start yesterday, but also not surprised because this is the exact thing that we should have done right from the start of the season. He's looked quite promising in the youth team.

Tom Lawrence has spent a bit of time on loan this season and I haven't seen him mentioned as much as Wilson. They haven't been hyped up to be huge players, and I think expectations in youngsters has died down slightly ever since Macheda came along and faded away. However, the likes of Januzaj and Lingard have been tipped to have big futures at the club.

I thought we played better yesterday than we did against Sunderland. The pace was better, although I'm shocked at just how much Foullaini is struggling. Finding him a position to fit in at United is going to be a struggle.

felix-magath-von-schalke-04-fordert-frisches-geld-fuer-neue-spieler-foto-imago-.jpg

Felix Magath? He is Penfold.

That's the truth!

595D1C14-B687-465D-8338-BB5E0848B5E6_zpsysvw7mfe.jpg

Edited by Kav

Because you and me, and most normal, none race obscessed, none white-guilt ridden people couldn't give a toss about his ethnicity.

I noticed the guy has olive skin but didn't think about it any more than that, could just be a tan, could be his ethnicity, I didn't know and didn't care to find out, I had no idea he was half hispanic or whatever. That's how none racist and none race-obscessed I am. In fact I'm so unconcerned with a person's race, I don't even know what racial representation is supposed to achieve. If black skin is a good as white skin, and vice-versa, how does that make football better? Clearly the irony of positive descrimination seems lost on some people.

Yes completely agree! Anyway aside from that whole row....Norwich are going down cos they are absolute shite...players not done well enough at all the amount of goals they have scored is pathetic!

Well that didn't go so well, 4-0 to City, lol. Over to you West Ham.