NEurope
Ramar

Football Season 2013/2014

Is that the Liverpool Premier League victory bus :yay:

Obviously it's Chelsea. If you live by the bus, you die by the bus. Chelsea's Champions League is definitely over. The Premiership is not over. You know now what will be posted if Liverpool do win the League. It's between them & City. I'll post that image again when Chelsea finish 3rd.

The funny thing is, we didn't die by the bus last night. In the first 40 minutes we looked in control and we were attacking. It was a couple errors that cost us and from the our heads dropped and we just played badly!

Real Madrid were immense against Bayern. It was unreal. They moved the ball so well and that was probably one of the best games from Luka Modric that I have ever seen. He was sublime.

Chelsea deserved to lose against Atletico. They didn't have enough fire power and to put on such a poor show at home and go through would have been a big injustice. They've won the Champions League once already playing not-so-great football, being in another final would flatter them too much.

Disappointed in Bayern. I've said it before and I'll say it again; they were a much better team last year. More lethal, more attacking, harder to defend against. Even we did pretty well against them...until we had a rush of blood and mucked it all up. Their league form is fantastic, but it should be considering that they've been poaching Dortmund's players and because there are no other teams that can compete against them.

I hope Chelsea saw enough of Costa to realise he is not worth buying, He did bugger all in the two matches. There are very few players available at the highest level, possibly Cavani, but really think we should give Lukaku a crack next season.

Another massive weekend in the Prem coming up.

Costa is twice the player Lukaku is. Unfair to judge on two games.

I think Lukaku and Costa up front next season could be pretty lethal

I think Lukaku and Costa up front next season could be pretty lethal

I could be, but would Jose change his system to consistantly start with 2 strikers? Wouldn't Lukaku find himself on the bench again more often than not, and better off elsewhere?

If he's so good why don't Chelsea make him their first choice striker instead of trying to buy a big name like Costa? I think as good as Lukaku is he's just not the world class forward Chelsea are looking for. He's a more than adequate backup but i'm not sure he'd be content in that role, nor woud his supporters.

It's the same old problem, everybody says a team needs strength in depth, but then everybody says so and so is too good to sit on the bench.

I think Costa is as good a buy as anyone else, I mean there's no guarantee any player will settle in, it's always a risk whoever you buy. Soldado was a goal machine for Valencia, I don't think anybody could have expected him to flop at Spurs the way he has. I think it's harsh to write off Costa on a couple of games, while he's been banging them in all season. Kind of how many British pundits didn't rate Ibra based on the few games they saw, turns out he's probably in the top 5 players in the world.

I would also guess Chelsea will offer Torres back to his old club to sweeten the deal, so maybe it makes sense they go after Costa.

This is all assuming Costa wants to leave and Madrid want to sell, do we even know that is the case? Madrid have a good chance to win La Liga and the Champions League so would it even be a step up at this point to leave Madrid for Chelsea, or anywhere else for that matter? I guess all Chelsea could offer him is more wages. I've heard £30-35 mil mentioned as a transfer fee, but I'm not sure that would even be enough. If they're not despperate to sell I could see Madrid holding out for more, especially if he has a good World Cup.

Speaking of which, I wonder how many overrated players English clubs will overpay for after this year's world cup?

I could be, but would Jose change his system to consistantly start with 2 strikers? Wouldn't Lukaku find himself on the bench again more often than not, and better off elsewhere?

If he's so good why don't Chelsea make him their first choice striker instead of trying to buy a big name like Costa? I think as good as Lukaku is he's just not the world class forward Chelsea are looking for. He's a more than adequate backup but i'm not sure he'd be content in that role, nor woud his supporters.

It's the same old problem, everybody says a team needs strength in depth, but then everybody says so and so is too good to sit on the bench.

I think Costa is as good a buy as anyone else, I mean there's no guarantee any player will settle in, it's always a risk whoever you buy. Soldado was a goal machine for Valencia, I don't think anybody could have expected him to flop at Spurs the way he has. I think it's harsh to write off Costa on a couple of games, while he's been banging them in all season. Kind of how many British pundits didn't rate Ibra based on the few games they saw, turns out he's probably in the top 5 players in the world.

I would also guess Chelsea will offer Torres back to his old club to sweeten the deal, so maybe it makes sense they go after Costa.

This is all assuming Costa wants to leave and Madrid want to sell, do we even know that is the case? Madrid have a good chance to win La Liga and the Champions League so would it even be a step up at this point to leave Madrid for Chelsea, or anywhere else for that matter? I guess all Chelsea could offer him is more wages. I've heard £30-35 mil mentioned as a transfer fee, but I'm not sure that would even be enough. If they're not desperate to sell I could see Madrid holding out for more, especially if he has a good World Cup.

Speaking of which, I wonder how many overrated players English clubs will overpay for after this year's world cup?

Atletico Madrid are skint and couldn't afford to turn down a big money offer, plus Costa has a £32 million buyout clause. He's not going to turn down a double your money offer.

But he has had one good season in Spain and that's no guarantee of being any good in the Premier League. Lukaku for his faults has proved he can score consistently in this league and he will only get better.

£32 million is outrageously cheap.

Cheaper than Andy Carroll!! :laughing:

Fair play to Spurs that they're losing to West Ham. Getting players sent off, scoring own goals and even letting Downing of all players score a goal. All the while making it convincing. Now Man United have a hard act to follow and will have to contrive a way to make it believable that they lose to Sunderland. It's like a game of pass the parcel with the parcel being the last spot in the Europa League. Only thing is nobody wants it. I hope United get it.

Does anyone want the last Europa league spot? Sunderland are ahead at Old Trafford.

Gone to Hull as it not?

Tiny Totts record against Arsenal and West Ham

this season: P6 W0 D0 L6 F1 A11 trolololololololol

Can't believe we've beat United as well.

Poyet...adopting the Mourinho tactics to perfection.

Sunderland deserve to stay up BIG TIME!

Great escape is on!

Gone to Hull as it not?

With Manchester City winning the Capital one cup, that left an extra place available for 6th place in the Premier League.

So what a season this has been!!!!

Started off so shitty with David Weir at the helm. We were rock bottom which is definitely where Sheffield United should not be. 4th October 2013 came where it was my birthday and I invited @kav82 up to see the mighty Blades. We drew and he was sacked immediately after! I thought that relegation to chuffing League 2 was a certainty.

Then the club appointed Nigel Clough as manager. He came from Derby County and really didn't expect much. He was given the task of saving us from relegation.

He has completely turned the club around. We finished 7th so therefore a spot off the playoffs (from being bottom) and then reached a FA Cup Semi Final which was absolutely amazing.

I have never wanted a new season to start. I can't chuffing wait!! UTB!

guess Liverpool didn't really want to win the title then

I don't know what's worse, bottling it in March like Arsenal or bottling it in the last few games like Liverpool...

Cracking stuff. For all the over the top praise Liverpool have had in the media this season, we'd be above them if we won rather than lost at Anfield!

:(

If City do win win it maybe tonight is just as well, it would probably be more frustrating to lose the league on goal difference. And Stevie G won't have to shoulder as much blame for his mistake against Chelsea if that was perceived to be what cost us the league.

Still not going to give up hope though, just gonna have to pray for a freak result against City now.

Edited by pratty