NEurope
Ramar

Football Season 2013/2014

Terrible news. He's done way worse than I wanted. A slow decline over a few seasons would have been much better. :p

Well, I got this one wrong. When he was appointed, it seemed like a good, sensible decision. Unfortunately, it hasn't worked. There's no shame in that, it takes a very, very good manager to be able to take charge of a top club and be successful. I was sure a few months back that he would turn it around, but the performances have been getting worse. Ever since we lost at home to West Brom, and then Everton and Newcastle, he's been up against it. I'm disappointed, because I thought he'd be up for it, but that hasn't been the case.

I never understood why anyone thought he was a good choice in the first place! @kav82, @Blade and @lostmario will attest, I thought he was the worst choice.

He wasn't a world class manager. All the crap about him doing wonderful things at Everton was utter shite - he never won a thing and I can't even remember him getting to a cup final! His biggest achievement was finishing fourth - once!

United should have aggressively pursued Mourinho or someone with a bit of credibility.

What's more, I also knew what his fate would be as soon as he started firing all the back room staff! You don't walk into the most successful English club ever and start firing everyone who made it such a success - you work with them and learn from them. He managed to piss off everyone and the fact that Vidic basically resigned mid season says it all, even the squad's captain thought he was a useless bastard. Rooney would have left too had he not had money thrown at him.

Moyes was a total stain on the club, a dud. He should never have been considered.

He got to an FA Cup final... but that was it... he was perfect for Man United in my eyes, haha!

I'm devastated that Moyes has been sacked. I've never enjoyed a season so much as I have this one and he was a large part of the reason why. He should have been allowed see out his contract in full. We'll never know what depths he would have taken United to now.

If they don't want him to continue in the long term, why delay the inevitable?

I think the point is why sack him now and not earlier? The onyl thing I can think of is that The Telegraph said the he possibility has a clause in his contract stating that if they don't reach the Champions League then they can sack him without a huge pay out.

I've been saying he's going to get sacked for months, you kept saying no way fierce. I kept saying you're going to steal our manager. It's happening. God I detest Man U. Said before the season started that moyes was a beyond average manager and Man U would struggle to get in the Europa. People laughed. It's happened.

Steal your manager? I don't think Man Utd want Sherwood.

And I know you meant van Gaal. He's not your manager to be stolen.

Moyes for Spurs!

There's no need. Spurs are already ruined.

Agent Moyes, return to base. Congratulations on a job well done.

C'mon guys, show some respect!

The man's accomplished quite a bit:

NmAimOI.jpg

Schadenfreude for me, sorry. Man United fans were just intolerably smug throughout my childhood, and the late-to-the-party glory hounds were so wearing. "Man U!" As the answer to the question "who do you support?" Was the stock answer for anyone who didn't know anything about football, or wanted to seem cool.

It's nice to be reminded that the great Red Devils are actually mortal.

Sorry for the real supporters, but then again, no-one has a right to success, it must be earned.

Partially sorry ro see Moyes go, had hoped he would do well. Didnt expect success in his first season but certainly didnt expect such a melt down either. On the other hand I guess even though Fergie had the magic touch to pick the right players he didnt have it when he got to hand pick his successor, a 4th place finish would have been respectable enough for his first season with a view to a long term rebuilding process (long term in fpotball terms these days i'd say would be 3years) but not even making Champions League is a huge blow that the owners were unlikely to let slide. He was unfortunately a small fish in a huge pond out of his depth. Hopefully whoever takes over next is someone both more suited to the job and a big enough name to draw in some good plsyers in the summer transfer window even though they wont be in the Championd League.

I felt Moyes was Fergie's best signing after Eric Djemba-Djemba.

They should go for Avram Grant or AVB! Haha

Hahaha...

10F9C7BF-B67B-4F11-ADC2-1691894D755D_zpsgaqhtham.jpg

Cech is off for Chelsea, hope he's gone for the weekend as well. He's one player I don't mind for them but still.

Cech is off for Chelsea, hope he's gone for the weekend as well. He's one player I don't mind for them but still.

I couldn't see how he got himself injured. Did he land on his ribs or something?

Also, how long has Ashley Cole been sporting the Mr. T look?

Thought it was his knee first, then his shoulder but ya I think it's his elbow in the end. Seemed like he was definitely off, then seemed fine before finally going off.

Edit: The presenter at half-time is saying that they were hearing it's a suspected fracture.

Chelsea really know how to suck the life and joy out of football. Absolutely dour.

Chelsea really know how to suck the life and joy out of football. Absolutely dour.

A bit dull, but wasn't that bad. Some goals would have been good to watch.

Whereas I agree that the match was poor because we just didn't seem to want to go forward (which is crazy), you'd love your team to be in the semi-final of the Champions League!

I personally have no issue with the parking the bus tactic. It doesn't make it a good match to watch but if it gets the job done, then so be it. Its like when people complain about teams winning by getting a scrappy goal. If it gets in the back of the net, then who cares how it got there? :D

Last night was rather boring.

Costa looked like he was slipping on banana skins throughout most of his shots. Cahill played really well. But wow.... so dull. Hopefully a different tempo game next week.

With regards to the day old news of Moyes, I really wish we could get Klopp, but it would appear that he's very committed to Dortmund, so I can't begrudge him for that. He's doing well with their 'project' so want's to see it out.

In other news Bristol Rovers look all but out of the Football League together. Unbelievable there will be only one Bristol team in the Football League next season. CITY!!

I wish Man U would stop farting about pretending they are somehow different from other clubs and just hire a manager to replace the one that left. All this crap about needing someone who understands the club's philosphy and mindset is bollocks.

If it weren't for them thinking that they were so different, they would have sacked Moyes months ago (like any other club would have done) and not been in such a mess by now.

I'm all for giving managers time to settle, but I think Man United holier than thou attitude has bitten them in the arse.

I wish Man U would stop farting about pretending they are somehow different from other clubs and just hire a manager to replace the one that left. All this crap about needing someone who understands the club's philosphy and mindset is bollocks.

But it's been a day? Our main target is about to head to Rio with Holland, our 2nd target committed himself to Dortmund, and pipe dreams such as Mourinho, Pep & Carlo are just that pipe dreams.

I'm all for getting a manager as soon as possible in, but I don't want to rush in and hire Harry Redknapp just to say we've got a manager in.

If it is LvG we hire, then so be it, and if he can't arrive till July, again unfortunately so be it. But it's not like we're prolonging who we hire, or dawdling over a decision, it's literally been just over 24 hours since Moyes was sacked.

[purposely ignoring the philosophy / mindset requirements are needed to be Uniteds next manager as we've only been manager-less for a day]