NEurope
Ramar

Football Season 2013/2014

A heavy fine for them would have to be in excess of £1bil though. :p

They could ban them from using certain players. :awesome:

"You're not allowed to use Yaya Toure, Kompany or Aguero EVER AGAIN."

"Whuuuuut?"

Imagine the fallout from that. Ahah.

Or tell them that they can only score goals with their weaker foot. Proper playground/schoolboy stuff.

"Only headers and volleys, brah."

Olivier Giroud.

Both Man City and PSG are rumoured to be in bread of UEFA's Financial Fair Play rules and both could get punishments including a heavy fine, a transfer embargo or in extreme cases a ban from European competition.

I'm glad this is finally happening, it means the clubs that were playing by the rules actually get some justice. I hope that City get banned from Europe. It would show that you can't spend silly money and try and off-set it by a dodgy deal by another company owned by the same party.

Am I the only one thinking Arsenal get 5th, Man City get banned from Europe and Arsenal get put back into the Champions League, I can just see this happening.

They could ban them from using certain players. :awesome:

"You're not allowed to use Yaya Toure, Kompany or Aguero EVER AGAIN."

"Whuuuuut?"

Imagine the fallout from that. Ahah.

Or tell them that they can only score goals with their weaker foot. Proper playground/schoolboy stuff.

"Only headers and volleys, brah."

I laugh at the idea that Toure has a weaker foot.

If he does, he's been using it all this time to protect everyone from being destroyed by his stronger one.

I laugh at the idea that Toure has a weaker foot.

If he does, he's been using it all this time to protect everyone from being destroyed by his stronger one.

Yaya Toure's weakest foot is his middle one.

Seeing some of the Hillsborough Memorial. Very moving, regardless of who you support. Martinez just finished his speech. He got a standing ovation and Sky cut away and distanced themselves from some of his comments. God Bless and Justice for the 96. Brendan Rodgers is up now.

Just had a trip to Hillsborough and put a SUFC scarf down at the memorial.

Quite a few people about aswell.

I wonder if anything will actually come of this fair play investigation.....aside from the fact that there are questions being asked as to whether it is even legally enforceable.

The bigger problem is the commercial appeal of the Champions League.....

It could be argued that Man City and PSG are not the biggest names in European football despite their countless millions spent. However what if we were ever in a situation where the likes of Real Madrid (I wonder if they are being investigated as they consistently lose money despite making a crap ton in revenue and also get lent vast sums of money by the council at a vastly reduced interest rates abdpay less tax), Barcelona, Bayern Munich, Juventus, Manchester United, Chelsea (basically any of the winners in the modern era).... were banned. At that point the Champions League starts to lose it's appeal and before you know it TV deals are up for renewal are renegotiated and UEFA doesn't make as much money.

I wonder if anything will actually come of this fair play investigation.....aside from the fact that there are questions being asked as to whether it is even legally enforceable.

It could be argued that Man City and PSG are not the biggest names in European football despite their countless millions spent. However what if we were ever in a situation where the likes of Real Madrid (I wonder if they are being investigated as they consistently lose money despite making a crap ton in revenue and also get lent vast sums of money by the council at a vastly reduced interest rates abdpay less tax), Barcelona, Bayern Munich, Juventus, Manchester United, Chelsea (basically any of the winners in the modern era).... were banned. At that point the Champions League starts to lose it's appeal and before you know it TV deals are up for renewal are renegotiated and UEFA doesn't make as much money.

You know the world is fucked when television and money are more important than integrity.

certainly banning City and PSG would lay down a marker without damaging the reputation of the Champions League too much. But personally I think the financial fair play rule is ridiculous and in the long run will only do harm to the smaller clubs who rely on selling a top player every year to balance the books. Sure clubs should not be allowed to get in huge debt, but why would we want to stop all these billionaires pouring money into the game we love.

I am in the process of writing what started out as a booklet but is quickly turning into a book called "Football is Broken" It's about how the game has changed over the last few years and the money is a big part of it. I would love to hear any comments from you guys about anything in the game that you think is wrong and how it could be fixed, just in case I've missed anything.

My objective is to publish and send a copies to FIFA, UEFA and the FA to highlight the flaws in the game with the hope that a lot of the easy fixes are at the very least reviewed.

certainly banning City and PSG would lay down a marker without damaging the reputation of the Champions League too much. But personally I think the financial fair play rule is ridiculous and in the long run will only do harm to the smaller clubs who rely on selling a top player every year to balance the books. Sure clubs should not be allowed to get in huge debt, but why would we want to stop all these billionaires pouring money into the game we love.

Haven't you just contradicted yourself there? You say that the FFP rules are ridiculous but clubs shouldn't be allowed to get into huge debt? The FFP rules are in place to stop this happening. Every club, like it or not, is a business and needs to make a profit in order to survive.

Haven't you just contradicted yourself there? You say that the FFP rules are ridiculous but clubs shouldn't be allowed to get into huge debt? The FFP rules are in place to stop this happening. Every club, like it or not, is a business and needs to make a profit in order to survive.

Not at all. Two different rules.

1:Clubs should not be allowed to run up debts. Sensible.

2:The rule preventing rich owners pouring their money into clubs is stupid.

The long term result of preventing billionaires investing in clubs is that they won't do it anymore and that will result in more clubs going into administration or worse insolvency.

The only purpose of this rule is to stop the big/rich clubs getting all the best players. But this has always happened and will always happen. It's not even about money. Take Gareth Bale as an example. A world class player at a club not in the Champions league. He is always going to leave and go to a club that enables him to play with the best players in the best competitions. But at least Spurs can sell him for vast sums of money and buy replacements. Under the new rules clubs will only be able to spend a fraction of the cost to show a breakeven spreadsheet. End result is Bale still leaves, but Spurs get half the money. There are no winners in that scenario. Does anybody really think that if all clubs are even financially that Bale would have left and gone to play for Norwich? Of course not, the best players will always want to go to the best clubs.

Which billionaire investor enabled us to buy Özil?

I believe your majority shareholder is a billionaire many times over, but what's your point?

I believe your majority shareholder is a billionaire many times over, but what's your point?

We have two billionaire shareholders, neither have put money into the club.

My point is that you were insinuating that clubs could only afford top players with rich owners. We're proof that's not the case. The Glazers don't fund United transfers, they do all right. Bayern Munich don't have a billionaire owner, best club team in the world.

So many people these days think you can only be an owner if you have billions to spend on players, and totally miss the importance of living within the clubs means and being self sustainable through marketing/sponsorships/generally increasing revenue.

I am in the process of writing what started out as a booklet but is quickly turning into a book called "Football is Broken" It's about how the game has changed over the last few years and the money is a big part of it. I would love to hear any comments from you guys about anything in the game that you think is wrong and how it could be fixed, just in case I've missed anything.

Are you after all things wrong in football in general, or just recent developments and trends, and if so how far are we going back?

I mean the verbal abuse, violence, cheating, lying, hypocrisy, gamesmanship, greed, dubious sponsorship, high prices, bad ticket allocation, elitism of the game, double standards and corruption has been around for ages.

Whether it does any good, it's an admirable thing you're trying to do.

Those results made my night.

1lv4eEM.jpg

Edited by -Dem0-

manonelskld.gif

Who else cringes at this? What makes it worse is the handball that's missed earlier in the build up. Mannone won't get any sleep tonight.

manonelskld.gif

Who else cringes at this? What makes it worse is the handball that's missed earlier in the build up. Mannone won't get any sleep tonight.

I saw the close up of this on the news this morning, the desperation in his face and the knowing he fucked up was heartbreaking.

I'm just hoping we win the rest of our matches this season... that would do me just fine!

I'm just hoping we win the rest of our matches this season... that would do me just fine!

Says every fan of every team. Ever.

Not that I want Man City to win over Liverpool, but i'm kind of disappointed that they drew. I want this one to go down to the last day of the season. Same with the battle for fourth, Europa League and relegation.

We have two billionaire shareholders, neither have put money into the club.

My point is that you were insinuating that clubs could only afford top players with rich owners. We're proof that's not the case. The Glazers don't fund United transfers, they do all right. Bayern Munich don't have a billionaire owner, best club team in the world.

I wasn't insinuating that at all. My point was simply that in an era where players salaries are crippling the entire financial sustainability of the sport, to refuse these billionaires pumping hundreds of millions into football will be catastrophic in the long run.

The Bosman rule has ruined football financially and like it or not Sky and Billionaire owners are no longer a luxury but a necessity.

Arsenal are run within their means, which is honorable, but at what cost? Sacrificing winning trophies over Champions League qualification every year.

I wasn't insinuating that at all. My point was simply that in an era where players salaries are crippling the entire financial sustainability of the sport, to refuse these billionaires pumping hundreds of millions into football will be catastrophic in the long run.

The Bosman rule has ruined football financially and like it or not Sky and Billionaire owners are no longer a luxury but a necessity.

Arsenal are run within their means, which is honorable, but at what cost? Sacrificing winning trophies over Champions League qualification every year.

If every club has to cope with the FFP rules then it will all even out. Spurs wouldn't have got £80m for Spurs but all the players they bought would have been respectively cheaper too.