NEurope
Ramar

Football Season 2013/2014

Holy shit, Portugal is 3rd! Only Spain and Germany ahead of us (and we're up against the latter in the World Cup, lovely).

And I can see why, Portugal has been impressive lately. I think we can go far this World Cup.

Holy shit, Portugal is 3rd! Only Spain and Germany ahead of us (and we're up against the latter in the World Cup, lovely).

And I can see why, Portugal has been impressive lately. I think we can go far this World Cup.

Wouldn't put much weight in the ranking system. You've just proven it. Are Portugal the 3rd best team in the World? Not even close. They needed a play-off to reach the World Cup for Gods sake.

Look even at Scotland. Are they really the 22nd best team? Not trying to be cheeky, we're (Ireland) ranked 65th but I'd expect we'll beat them both home and away in the Euros. No way are they 43 places better than us.

Edited by Wii

Look even at Scotland. Are they really the 22nd best team? Not trying to be cheeky, we're (Ireland) ranked 65th but I'd expect we'll beat them both home and away in the Euros. No way are they 43 places better than us.

No chance. We're expecting to get 4 points from you. We've been solid under Strachan, unbeaten in our last 5 and we've played some tough games as well.

Beat Poland and Norway in friendlies, drew with the USA. Beat Croatia and Macedonia in qualifiers. Before that we only lost 2-0 to Belgium who are a fantastic team and then were very unlucky to come away losing 3-2 at Wembley.

Compare that to Ireland.... You lost at home to Serbia, beat Khazakstan, lost 3-0 to Germany, beaten by Sweden and Austria.

The only competitive matches you won last year were against the Faroes and Khazakstan. We beat Croatia twice and also Macedonia in that same period.

Wouldn't put much weight in the ranking system. You've just proven it. Are Portugal the 3rd best team in the World? Not even close. They needed a play-off to reach the World Cup for Gods sake.

Yeah, that happened in the Euro, too. We needed a play-off because Denmark finished ahead of us, and when we got the same group as them again, we finished ahead of them :grin: Portugal tends to do that, do badly in qualifications but more respectably in the tournament proper.

Do I think Ireland and Scotland deserve their places? Can't say, haven't seen a match from them in a long while. What I do know was that Portugal played great in that play-off, and did very well in the last Euro. Furthermore, our blunder in the last World Cup had more to do with a bad coach, a problem we no longer have, and it helps, the fact that C.Ronaldo is finally playing and acting like the captain he's supposed to be.

FIFA Rankings are a vague estimation, I know. The US is fairly high despite not having many chances to play bigger teams, and England is somehow consistently near the Top 10 (but then again, I think they're overrated, so I'm biased :p)

Are these confirmed as our new kits? If so, I love the black and red one.

Liverpool+14+15+Kits.jpg

Liverpool mugging fans again with another whole set of new kits. Disgraceful. About time the league put an end to this bollocks.

Liverpool+14+15+Kits.jpg

That 3rd kit is disgusting. Hate the collar and sash stripe. What's wrong with companies that they can't make nice jerseys? I've seen better fake efforts.

kitster29lfc_2014_15_shirt_concepts_by_kitster29-d71zf88.jpg

That second photo up top is a better attempt at the 3rd kit.

I can't remember when Ireland last had a nice jersey. I swear the designers at Umbro hate us and do it on purpose giving us rotten jerseys all the time.

11885.jpg

That's our last half decent home jersey. We've had 1 real nice away jersey in the last decade.

Liverpool mugging fans again with another whole set of new kits. Disgraceful. About time the league put an end to this bollocks.

I thought that it's generally a new top for each season?

It is for us.

I end up buying one every year. Feel sorry for the families though.

Really? Don't act all high and mighty. Regardless of who you support they're all guilty in regard to charging €60 for a jersey that cost €2.50 to produce. "About time the league put an end to this bollocks". But they won't.

Feel sorry for the families though.

Typically our home shirts only change every two seasons, and our away kit becomes the third kit. So most seasons we only change the away kit. This hasn't been as true recently with Nike being bellends and will probably change with Puma.

Really? Don't act all high and mighty. Regardless of who you support they're all guilty in regard to charging €60 for a jersey that cost €2.50 to produce. "About time the league put an end to this bollocks". But they won't.

Steady on victim complex. As if any of the countries clubs are excused from it, hence why I said the league needs to have a word and not individual clubs.

Chelsea scum have the easiest of the teams in Athletico. Second leg at home as well. Abromovich couldn't have paid for it to be any better.

Real v Bayern

Athletico v Chelsea

Atletico aren't top of La Liga for no reason mind, it's still a very tough draw... well, they all would have been.

Hopefully they don't play Courtois as their President had said they probably wouldn't.

Double for us, hahaha. I wish, although I fancy Bayern for Champions League and City for the Premiership. I just don't think those filthy, thieving, baby-murdering, bin-dipping, rat-eating scousers will beat both City and us.

Edited by Kav

Chelsea scum have the easiest of the teams in Athletico. Second leg at home as well. Abromovich couldn't have paid for it to be any better.

Real v Bayern

Athletico v Chelsea

I'm not sure why people are saying that Atletico are the weakest team. THey're top of La Liga and put out Barcelona.

Maybe on paper, but results this season they're ahead of Real.

I'm not sure why people are saying that Atletico are the weakest team. THey're top of La Liga and put out Barcelona.

Maybe on paper, but results this season they're ahead of Real.

I was remembering this comment.

Hoping for Madrid and Bayern semi, think best chance for us is Atletico.

I'm hoping for a Bayern v Athletico final. Also they'll have to use their sub keeper against Chelsea unless they want to stump up £4 million which obviously they won't. Who's he? Barca lost Valdes and had Pinto in reserve. He's not very good to put it mildly. I was hoping Barca would win the tournament but now hope Athletico win. Barca still for the league hopefully. They're a shadow of what they were but still are very good.

Liverpool+14+15+Kits.jpg

It would look even better with gold Premier League badges on the sleeves : peace:

I can barely contain my excitement for tomorrow.

Even in the likelihood that we get thrashed it's the FA Cup!!

I'm dreading tomorrow. I actually dreamt about the match yesterday night. We were getting beat 0-2 but managed to bring it back to 2-2. Bad crack when you start dreaming about the footy. It's clearly on my mind!

Dat feel when it is April and you have nothing to play for.

I do not know dis feel.

I do not know dis feel.

Welcome to the club... You'll get used to it. :blank:

The AFC boys better turn up today.

Spurs and Wigan wins and I'll buy champagne for everyone in this thread!

City win tomorrow and I'll throw in a blowjob.

Dat feel when it is April and you have nothing to play for.

I do not know dis feel.

If you need to enjoy some competition, feel free to fire up PES on Wii with me some night and we'll enjoy some onlien combat before they shut the servers down.. depending on which version you have :heh:

I have 2008, 2009, 2012 and 2013 : peace:

Spurs and Wigan wins and I'll buy champagne for everyone in this thread!

City win tomorrow and I'll throw in a blowjob.

If the Blades win tomorrow then i'm up for owt!