NEurope
Ramar

Football Season 2013/2014

I didn't watch the game last night but credit to Chelsea, those bag of cunts know how to pull a result out the bag when they need it.

I kept an eye on the Chelsea score in at work last night and was kinda glad to see them get past PSG :smile:

I had no idea about the result of Dortmund v Real Madrid though so was absolutely captivated during the highlights on UTV + 1. If Mkhitaryan could finish, they may well have done it, which would have been amazing :eek:

Over to you Manchester United. If Chelsea and Arsenal can avoid defeat at the Allianz arena it should be possible for you too (Though you need an away goal).

I think United will pull it off tonight, 2-2.

Let's hope not. Rooney did his scummy best by getting Schweinsteiger suspended at the end. Barca/Athletico is the more interesting game.

Shiiiiiit, we're playing Kagawa. :o Hope he has a good game tonight.

Let's do this. :awesome:

Was at the game last night. So tense and the crowd (including myself) went mental when Ba scored. I was just talking about him in the pub before the match saying he does put in a shift when brought on.

So happy :)

Bayern have been dire. Crazy formation, Ribery and a few others have been poor. United are worse and have done nothing bar Shrek fluffing up.

For one shining moment it looked like United were gonna do this.... Then it all just fell apart. Even at 2-1 down thought they'd have a chance since 1 gial would put them ahead on away goals but with Bayerns 3rd goal cant see United getting 2 unless Sheringham and Ole Gunner appear from somewhere :(

Ahh, gutted. It all went to shit once we scored. We defended really well in the first half and didn't give them an inch. Once we scored, we lost our shape and became a bit too excited I think. We lost our composure and they moved it up a step. If we had prepared ourselves better than suffered the onslaught for just a bit longer, who knows.

Still, considering many were tipping us to get absolutely battered over two legs, I don't feel too bad about going out. We were in it for a long time. Unfortunately, that third goal ruined us and we never looked like coming back in it.

I love Patrice Evra, and his goal was a cracker. But, he showed his vulnerabilities defensively in that second half, and had a part to play in all three goals. A shame, but Jones and Smalling definitely were a lot better than he was. I thought Welbeck had a good game and gave it his best. Rooney was probably still injured with his toe, but he had chances tonight (one in the first, two in the second) and didn't take any of them. On a night where we need to hit the target with all of our chances, we couldn't afford for him to miss.

We'll go away from this and come back better and stronger in the future. We have to.

What a goal from Evra, what a reaction from us.

Up until the goal it has been the same match as last week and then we turned it around. 3 goals in 19 minutes. Impressive and well-deserved.

Mandzukic with a world class performance. And nice to see Pep showing emotions - albeit very little :p

How can Moyes come out and say players have said they are still interested in joining them? Is that not called tapping-up? Do we have a Chelsea fan or a Harry Redknapp that can clear that up? :p

How can Moyes come out and say players have said they are still interested in joining them? Is that not called tapping-up? Do we have a Chelsea fan or a Harry Redknapp that can clear that up? :p

giphy.gif

I was just about to post and say, "no, he means that they'll join because they're Manchester United. Just like when Suarez joined and Sturridge joined because Liverpool are Liverpool."

But then, just read this:

"Any players we've quietly discussed it with are more than happy to join Manchester United," he insisted.

"The club have never had any problems. We're looking to spend the right money on players who are available and it's not anything to do with the Champions League."

From BBC Sport

It doesn't look good, unless the club have actually got permission from the recipient team to speak to players...which does happen. In which case, that wouldn't be tapping up. But, if they're meeting up, say, in bars or hotels without the other club's prior knowledge, that isn't good. I can only hope it's the first one.

I was just about to post and say, "no, he means that they'll join because they're Manchester United. Just like when Suarez joined and Sturridge joined because Liverpool are Liverpool."

But then, just read this:

From BBC Sport

It doesn't look good, unless the club have actually got permission from the recipient team to speak to players...which does happen. In which case, that wouldn't be tapping up. But, if they're meeting up, say, in bars or hotels without the other club's prior knowledge, that isn't good. I can only hope it's the first one.

every club does it. It's just the same as diving, we all moan when it happens to us, but we are guilty of it.

every club does it. It's just the same as diving, we all moan when it happens to us, but we are guilty of it.

To an extent, yes. But, there needs to be some sort of line, and I just hope we're not crossing it.

Although, there seems to be a lot of talk over United officials staying over in Germany to talk about a deal with Toni Kroos. That is the only thing I think David Moyes can mean, and in that case I think it would be done with the right people. The transfer won't happen, because Kroos isn't stupid and he'll know that it is far easier to get silverware, game-time and recognition playing in Munich than in Manchester. He's going nowhere.

The FIFA rankings have just been published again.

For anyone who is interested:

England 11th (previously 12th)

Scotland 22nd (37th)

Wales 47th (49th)

Ireland 65th (68th)

Northern Ireland 84th (86th)

Positive for all the teams. Scotland especially have a big jump up. As long as we can keep our ranking here throughout the next qualifying campaign I'll be happy as it will make the World Cup qualifying next time round that bit easier as we have a better seeding.

Finally we moved up some places... Let the climbing begin :heh: