NEurope
Ramar

Football Season 2013/2014

You say we spent 100m but we sold more. We made a profit in the summer. So actually we didn't spend money, we made money.

Perhaps a moot point but it's likely that Spurs only made a profit when you look at transfer fees, but if you look at the players out vs players in I think that the wage bill will be far higher this season.

This article has a pretty interesting section on the costs of a major transfer when you factor in wage costs.

It is understood that around £100 million would be available for squad strengthening, although this figure includes wages as well as transfer fees.

On a signing of Mesut Özil’s magnitude, the wages over the five years of a contract would amount to a similar commitment to the transfer fee.

It all means that Arsenal can afford a world-class striker in the £40 million price range this summer and still make one or two cheaper but substantial additions in other positions.

Perhaps a moot point but it's likely that Spurs only made a profit when you look at transfer fees, but if you look at the players out vs players in I think that the wage bill will be far higher this season.

This article has a pretty interesting section on the costs of a major transfer when you factor in wage costs.

You think? King, VDV, modric and bale will be on higher than anyone at our club, barring ade and man city pay most of that. Plus we've got rid of loads of squad players - Dempsey, Livermore, huddlestone, Bentley (who was on huge wages), Defoe now, ekotto etc. So we have a smaller squad and without the huge earners we had.

You think? King, VDV, modric and bale will be on higher than anyone at our club, barring ade and man city pay most of that. Plus we've got rid of loads of squad players - Dempsey, Livermore, huddlestone, Bentley (who was on huge wages), Defoe now, ekotto etc. So we have a smaller squad and without the huge earners we had.

I thought we were talking about last summer? VDV, Modric and King were all the summer before? Bentley had been out on loan forever.

I thought we were talking about last summer? VDV, Modric and King were all the summer before? Bentley had been out on loan forever.

Not one club paid his wages. They were stupidly high. Bale was still our highest paid player, I bet dempsey wasn't far off... Won't be too much in it.

I don't think Harry redknapp is better than AVB at all. AVB won more at 32 than Harry redknapp has and will in his entire career. AVB will go on to win many many many things at many clubs. Harry redknapp has destroyed clubs, for them relegated, and struck gold by having the opportunity to manage spurs. We played heat football and got champions league and ill love him for that, but he had the best team I've ever seen - king, bale, modric, VDV! He underachieved with the team, bottled it two season in a row (funnily enough it's now 4 seasons in a row for him personally with the last 2 seasons at QPR).

Redknapp was not good enough for spurs and was pleased we got rid of him. It wasn't quite working for AVB, but you could see what he was trying to do and I would love him to still be our manager, I had faith it was all going to click. But... Oh well.... Gone.... But I think AVB will prove what he is capable of. Remember he is still phenomenally young! Nearly 10 years YOUNGER than Sherwood.

As for Tim. He'll be okay in the very lower leagues. That's about it. The only thing in his favour is he's a media snake so they'll always be kind to him, and he's entertaining in interviews. Clubs will like that.

Hang on a sec...let's be honest Villa Boas won an exceptionally poor Portuguese league. Granted he won the Europa League but I feel any "top tier" team can win that if they apply themselves. Look at the ease at which Chelsea won it. I'd say he has underachieved. By comparison Harry won the FA Cup with unflavoured (pompey :P) team (granted we spent a lot of money but no more than other teams) and lead you to the Champions League in an era dominated by the "top four".

Hang on a sec...let's be honest Villa Boas won an exceptionally poor Portuguese league. Granted he won the Europa League but I feel any "top tier" team can win that if they apply themselves. Look at the ease at which Chelsea won it. I'd say he has underachieved. By comparison Harry won the FA Cup with unflavoured (pompey :P) team (granted we spent a lot of money but no more than other teams) and lead you to the Champions League in an era dominated by the "top four".

He win the treble in his first season as a manager. Whether it's a poor league or not that's impressive. Look at the job Harry's doing in the poor championship with easily the best squad. I think it's really harsh to say winning the league and uefa cup aren't impressive.

As for champions league, it was the dominant top 4 with Harry. Man city were just about to rise and Liverpool were nowhere near. Also Chelsea were in turbulent times and arsenal were doing (relatively) average. Harry should've done better. If he didn't collapse twice in the second half of the season we would have got third twice.

Harry has had an average career bar one lucky FA cup win (even Wigan win it :) ) and a good spell at spurs when he had the best squad he'll ever work with, and spurs have had for 20 years.

I wouldn't want Harry back. I'd take AVB in a heart beat. AVB will win 20 times what Harry has.

Borussia Dortmund looking strong, and so long as Weidenfeller can keep the doors closed at the back I can see Dortmund scoring more.

Reus is having another great game. On a hat-trick as well.

Sign him the hell up, Arsene.

89ZNu54.jpg

Ba you legend!

I hope Chelsea can hold on here because they so deserve to go through to the next stage after the way they have played tonight.

Disgusting stuff. Talk about an ugly goal. Those missed PSG chances have cost them dearly especially Cavani.

Disgusting stuff. Talk about an ugly goal. Those missed PSG chances have cost them dearly especially Cavani.

As long as it goes in the back of the net. Besides, if we are talking about missed opportunities, Chelsea hit the crossbar twice.

PSG deserved a draw but somehow lost 2-0. They'll be gutted. It's sickening to watch scumbags like Moaninho, Two Face Torres and Knacker Terry in the semis. Bring on Bayern or Barca/Athletico.

PSG deserved a draw but somehow lost 2-0. They'll be gutted. It's sickening to watch scumbags like Moaninho, Two Face Torres and Knacker Terry in the semis. Bring on Bayern or Barca/Athletico.

Deserved a draw?! Wii you're so full of it. Although I'm thriving off your hatred for us, it's beautiful! :)

Deserved a draw?! Wii you're so full of it. Although I'm thriving off your hatred for us, it's beautiful! :)

Yep they deserved a draw. Look at the stats on football365. It was their wayward shooting that cost them. They played as good as Chelsea.

Yep they deserved a draw. Look at the stats on football365. It was their wayward shooting that cost them. They played as good as Chelsea.

That's what you don't get, the fact their shots were wayward is why they didn't deserve it!

Did you watch the match? PSG deserved exactly what they got. Fuck all.

Cavani did very little over both legs. Lavezzi was their brightest spark. But, Chelsea bossed the game after the first goal. Before that, the match was a bore. Nobody created anything. After the goal, Chelsea had near-complete control.

PSG were better in the first leg. Chelsea were better in the second. A draw on aggregate is a fair result, yet PSG weren't good enough at Stamford Bridge and couldn't get the away goal. So, a Chelsea victory is a good result.

We beaten Rotherham. I take back what I said about Mike Dean. He awarded us with a penalty.

Well done to Chelsea. Always good to see English teams doing well in Europe :D

over the two legs we scored an own goal, hit the woodwork three times and still knocked them out. Completely deserved the win.

Real Madrid dodged a bullet last night, they really are a one man team

over the two legs we scored an own goal, hit the woodwork three times and still knocked them out. Completely deserved the win.

Real Madrid dodged a bullet last night, they really are a one man team

You also scored a penalty and a fugly goal with 3 minutes left to scrape through on away goals. Yes, truly impressive stuff. They were also missing their best player and biggest goal threat last night.

You also got yourselves in the position to force them to concede a penalty and scored a well read and anticipated goal with 3 minutes left to go through on away goals. Yes, truly impressive stuff. They were also missing their best player and biggest goal threat last night.

Who during his time in the first leg was obviously brilliant!:indeed:

Also, I've fixed your post for you. You're welcome.

Cavani was terrible. He kept belting the ball as hard as he could, every time over the bar. They had 7 shots off target last night, I'd say most of them were his. Ibrahimovic would have taken some of those chances. That chance in the 70th minute maybe in behind the defence through on Cech, it was easier to find the target than miss but it's like he wants to murder the ball. Barely over the bar, but over none the less. Had that gone in, lights out.

At least we can all agree on one thing. Chelsea are W@NK€R$!!!

Cavani was terrible. He kept belting the ball as hard as he could, every time over the bar. They had 7 shots off target last night, I'd say most of them were his. Ibrahimovic would have taken some of those chances. That chance in the 70th minute maybe in behind the defence through on Cech, it was easier to find the target than miss but it's like he wants to murder the ball. Barely over the bar, but over none the less. Had that gone in, lights out.

Had Chelsea's 2 shots that hit the crossbar gone in the score would have been 5-3. If that other shot Cahil put over the bar it would've been 6-3. If any of the other shots they had went in it would've been 7-3.

Fact of the matter is that they didn't go in, PSG as a team didn't play well enough to score the goal that they needed.

You also scored a penalty and a fugly goal with 3 minutes left to scrape through on away goals. Yes, truly impressive stuff. They were also missing their best player and biggest goal threat last night.

Chelsea were missing Hazard, who is arguably their biggest goal threat, too. :p

Stop moaning and be gracious for once.

I'm nervous as hellll about tonight's game. Above all, I just want to see us perform and give it our best. That's all that matters really. I think expecting us to go to Bayern and get a victory or a 2-2 draw is asking a lot of us. But, I'm confident we can at least make a game of it. They're going to be really up for it this time around. So nervous.

What did Zlatan do in the first leg... that's right fuck all. He has had one good game in England.

Chelsea seem out to prove that their past two trophies weren't flukes. I wonder how many they'll have to win before people stop calling them flukes.