NEurope
Ramar

Football Season 2013/2014

I see Soldado didn't score again tonight. I take it that there were no penalties awarded in this game, then? :p

Eriksen is excellent. Although, with regards to Spurs' signings: Even a broken clock is right twice in a day. Given that you spent so much money on so many players, one of your signings had to be good. :p

That's Sunderland done for, then. Cardiff will probably go down, too. It's between Norwich and Fulham then for that last spot.

He's injured!

Super Harry Kane scored on his first prem start though :) and an assist!

I see Soldado didn't score again tonight..

He didn't, but maybe Kevin Phillips can tell us who scored Spurs' fifth of the evening..

..or maybe he can't :blank:

He's injured!

Super Harry Kane scored on his first prem start though :) and an assist!

I hear good things about Harry Kane.

Also, Lamela...injured? That's bad luck.

He didn't, but maybe Kevin Phillips can tell us who scored Spurs' fifth of the evening..

Aaahahahahaha.

Gyfli Syphilis.

I hear good things about Harry Kane.

Also, Lamela...injured? That's bad luck.

Aaahahahahaha.

Gyfli Syphilis.

Yeah, for months. Our injuries this season have been insane. Utterly crazy how many!

@Ramar.

You agree that winning the FA Cup would be Wenger's swansong and that he should bow out after that?

I said this to the lads yesterday. I think he'll win the FA Cup and then bow out. It's time for him to go.

We all get things wrong @dazzybee ;)

And Ozil is better than Eriksen. :)

I'm pretty confident Spurs can finish top 3 (ahead of United), though depends on how good bad the rest of the window is. I think Liverpool are still a fair a way to be honest, especially if they lose Suarez. Arsenal.. they don't look to be strengthening to that's a worry for them (glorious for me).

Chelsea

Man City

Spurs

Arsenal

Man U

Liverpool

Swap Spurs and Liverpool and that's how the final table will look i reckon.

That is brilliant sounds like he says Shilif Gudjerson not even close!!!!!

Eriksen 2 assists and and a goal. And people laughed at me when I said he was better value than ozil. Not just better value. He's just better.

Almost as funny as when Jon laughed at me when I said Vertonghen was better than vermaelen. I love shortsighted football fans.

I love beating Tottenham.. trolololololol

Glad to see Eriksen do so well, just got him in for fantasy and he fired me up to the top of my friends league (for the first time this season I might add).

Just thought I'd post some thoughts on Newcastle.

Not to take too much away from a solid performance @Fierce_LiNk from Man U, but we really were dreadful. We've been shite ever since Cabaye left in truth and with Remy out this is massively amplified. The state of the club is so mediocre it beggars belief.The higher ups at the club have figured we aren't going to get higher than 8th but probably won't fall lower than 9th and so are already on their holidays. They're happy to see the season out with various thrashings and awful performances because it makes very little difference to the season as a whole. This attitude has seeped through to the players and the whole staff appear to be on their jollys already.

I still think Pardew gets a little too much stick concerning the actual football - though he deserves everything he gets with regard to his professional conduct. He's had one brilliant season, one reprehensible season and one which appears to have been a mix of both extremes. He won manager of the month in November but now the team has conceded 11 goals without reply in the last 3 games. People seem to demand he should go but I'm not sure what this would really achieve, the problems with the club run higher the hierarchy all the way to Mike Ashley. I'm convinced we'd only get someone in who was equal to Pardew at best if we did sack him.

The club has no ambition, no desire and little pride. What was once looking like a great season is fizzling out into a horrible, laboured run in which inspires nothing but apathy and loathing.

:(

Glad to see Eriksen do so well, just got him in for fantasy and he fired me up to the top of my friends league (for the first time this season I might add).

Not to take too much away from a solid performance @Fierce_LiNk from Man U, but we really were dreadful. We've been shite ever since Cabaye left in truth and with Remy out this is massively amplified. The state of the club is so mediocre it beggars belief.The higher ups at the club have figured we aren't going to get higher than 8th but probably won't fall lower than 9th and so are already on their holidays. They're happy to see the season out with various thrashings and awful performances because it makes very little difference to the season as a whole. This attitude has seeped through to the players and the whole staff appear to be on their jollys already.

I still think Pardew gets a little too much stick concerning the actual football - though he deserves everything he gets with regard to his professional conduct. He's had one brilliant season, one reprehensible season and one which appears to have been a mix of both extremes. He won manager of the month in November but now the team has conceded 11 goals without reply in the last 3 games. People seem to demand he should go but I'm not sure what this would really achieve, the problems with the club run higher the hierarchy all the way to Mike Ashley. I'm convinced we'd only get someone in who was equal to Pardew at best if we did sack him.

The club has no ambition, no desire and little pride. What was once looking like a great season is fizzling out into a horrible, laboured run in which inspires nothing but apathy and loathing.

I read something similar to what you're saying now before your game against us. Newcastle are the very definition of a midtable club. Not bad enough to go down, not great enough to get European football. Just, in the middle. I'd say that you're very similar to Southampton, except that they seem to have hungrier players and a better playing style.

There seems to be a few too many players at Newcastle who just take up space. I look at the Southampton squad (I'm choosing them because they're your rivals in the table, slightly above you) and I see a difference in attitude. Almost every player wants to play for the shirt and they strive week-in week-out. I feel bad for you because this was inevitable once Cabaye went. You can't challenge or improve as a club if your best players are continually leaving. If Lallana, Rodriguez, Lambert, Shaw, etc all left Southampton, they'd be a worse team for it. You can't sell your best players and expect an improvement unless you have better quality players coming the other way. It's bad business.

There's not enough goalscorers in this Newcastle team. It's disappointing on our part that we lost to you at home, because we should be doing better. Aside from Remy, where are the goals going to come from? Newcastle need to look at clubs like Everton and Southampton, because they can easily attain the sorts of improvements that these clubs have gone through, but they need a clear plan of what they're doing, where they're going. Otherwise, I can see them lingering somewhere between 8-12 for the next few seasons.

Yeah, Newcastle have been absolutely rotten as of late. I think I heard that of their last 14 games, they've failed to score in 10 of them. I know that they've lost 5 of their last 8 games.

I love beating Tottenham.. trolololololol

I know top 4 is slipping away again, but your "trophies" are getting more and more desperate.

I love the fact that Tottenham have had an absolutely nightmare season and arsenal were title contenders 6 weeks ago, and we're 5 points behind. Hilarious.

I know top 4 is slipping away again, but your "trophies" are getting more and more desperate.

I love the fact that Tottenham have had an absolutely nightmare season and arsenal were title contenders 6 weeks ago, and we're 5 points behind. Hilarious.

I think it would be fair to say that in North London the wheels have well and truly come off. Arsenal have gone from title contenders to struggling for 4th. Tottenham have spent massive money and yet after a good start look as far from Champions League football as they ever have.

Best season I can remember, it seems like every game at the moment is critical. There could be half a dozen games on the last day of the season that could be deciding relegation, the title or champions league qualification. Certainly if both Man Utd and Arsenal fail to qualify that is a huge power shift.

I really hope at least one of Chelsea and Man Utd can qualify to the semis of the Champions League.

I think it would be fair to say that in North London the wheels have well and truly come off. Arsenal have gone from title contenders to struggling for 4th. Tottenham have spent massive money and yet after a good start look as far from Champions League football as they ever have.

Absolute myth. In the past 5 years spurs have MADE 14m profit. We (and Arsenal actually) are some of the lowest spenders in the whole league. Yeah we buy a lot of players, but we also sell a lot. And our best ones.

But yeah, it's all fallen apart. I genuinely think if we kept AVB we'd easily be 4th. But that's impossible to say and pointless discussing. But still feel we have an excellent squad, get a good manager in, keep our best players, clear out the shit, get 2 or 3 quality signings and I'll be full of confidence again.

Absolute myth. In the past 5 years spurs have MADE 14m profit. We (and Arsenal actually) are some of the lowest spenders in the whole league. Yeah we buy a lot of players, but we also sell a lot. And our best ones.

But yeah, it's all fallen apart. I genuinely think if we kept AVB we'd easily be 4th. But that's impossible to say and pointless discussing. But still feel we have an excellent squad, get a good manager in, keep our best players, clear out the shit, get 2 or 3 quality signings and I'll be full of confidence again.

AVB's sacking was absolutely ridiculous.

Do you really think that? They've both been in charge for 16 games this season.

- Sherwood has won nine to AVB's eight, with five losses each. Sherwood's points-per-game of 1.81 is higher (AVB 1.69).

- Spurs have scored 25 goals under Sherwood compared to 16 under AVB.

- Sherwood has conceded 23 to AVB's 21.

In the remaining 5 or 6 matches left to play the highest rank team they have to play is 10th so there's a chance to pick up a lot of points.

- Sherwood has won nine to AVB's eight, with five losses each. Sherwood's points-per-game of 1.81 is higher (AVB 1.69).

In the remaining 5 or 6 matches left to play the highest rank team they have to play is 10th so there's a chance to pick up a lot of points.

Absolutely agree with that. You only need to see how we play, the difference is unbelievable. It's not quite as simple as the results, but a couple of points are that 1. We. Got 7 new players in, who are only going to get better and better and better throughout the season 2. Adebayor 3. Luck. Sherwood has had STACKS of it 4. Cups, under AVB we won every cup game, played lots of Europe etc. under Sherwood we get booted out in an instant with them all. Tim Sherwood has had WAY more time to prepare for games than AVB ever did.

To make a truly fair comparison, you need to post the teams who they beat and lost to. If AVB's games were all against Top 4 clubs and Sherwood's were against the bottom 4, then obviously that's not fair to start with.

Imo, neither are great managers. AVB comes across as being better than he actually is, all his talk of "projects" (fucking loathe that word) and he was rigid as fuck with his systems. No plan B.

Sherwood isn't better. Neither are good enough to manage Spurs. Harry Redknapp was better than both and they booted him out.

I don't think Harry redknapp is better than AVB at all. AVB won more at 32 than Harry redknapp has and will in his entire career. AVB will go on to win many many many things at many clubs. Harry redknapp has destroyed clubs, for them relegated, and struck gold by having the opportunity to manage spurs. We played heat football and got champions league and ill love him for that, but he had the best team I've ever seen - king, bale, modric, VDV! He underachieved with the team, bottled it two season in a row (funnily enough it's now 4 seasons in a row for him personally with the last 2 seasons at QPR).

Redknapp was not good enough for spurs and was pleased we got rid of him. It wasn't quite working for AVB, but you could see what he was trying to do and I would love him to still be our manager, I had faith it was all going to click. But... Oh well.... Gone.... But I think AVB will prove what he is capable of. Remember he is still phenomenally young! Nearly 10 years YOUNGER than Sherwood.

As for Tim. He'll be okay in the very lower leagues. That's about it. The only thing in his favour is he's a media snake so they'll always be kind to him, and he's entertaining in interviews. Clubs will like that.

from a neutral viewpoint Spurs were great to watch under Harry, really exciting games and he was really unlucky to get 4th and then get kicked out of the Champions League because Chelsea won it. (I hate that rule)

Under AVB you became tedious to watch much like Chelsea when he was in charge.

Who will be there next season?

What happened to you winning the league when you spunked £100m... Definitely finishing above The Arsenal... Heard it all before..

from a neutral viewpoint Spurs were great to watch under Harry, really exciting games and he was really unlucky to get 4th and then get kicked out of the Champions League because Chelsea won it. (I hate that rule)

I don't doubt that, but it's about Building a future. Harry hit a ceiling, and with us selling all the players that made us gat under him I think we would have dropped a lot further under him. He was tactically clueless but just good at putting a team and giving them the freedom and confidence to play.

Van Gaal it sounds like. Guess it depends on what Man U do with moyes though.

What happened to you winning the league when you spunked £100m... Definitely finishing above The Arsenal... Heard it all before..

You say we spent 100m but we sold more. We made a profit in the summer. So actually we didn't spend money, we made money. And like I say, kept AVB we would have easily finished above you, all it would take is one win in our games and we'd be above. We outplayed you both games and you got two lucky early goals and then sat back and hoped for the best. Credit to you it worked.

South Yorkshire derby tonight against Rotherham at Bramall Lane.

The referee is Mike Dean.

Fucking great! :(

I don't think Harry redknapp is better than AVB at all. AVB won more at 32 than Harry redknapp has and will in his entire career. AVB will go on to win many many many things at many clubs. Harry redknapp has destroyed clubs, for them relegated, and struck gold by having the opportunity to manage spurs. We played heat football and got champions league and ill love him for that, but he had the best team I've ever seen - king, bale, modric, VDV! He underachieved with the team, bottled it two season in a row (funnily enough it's now 4 seasons in a row for him personally with the last 2 seasons at QPR).

Redknapp was not good enough for spurs and was pleased we got rid of him. It wasn't quite working for AVB, but you could see what he was trying to do and I would love him to still be our manager, I had faith it was all going to click. But... Oh well.... Gone.... But I think AVB will prove what he is capable of. Remember he is still phenomenally young! Nearly 10 years YOUNGER than Sherwood.

As for Tim. He'll be okay in the very lower leagues. That's about it. The only thing in his favour is he's a media snake so they'll always be kind to him, and he's entertaining in interviews. Clubs will like that.

I don't doubt that, but it's about Building a future. Harry hit a ceiling, and with us selling all the players that made us gat under him I think we would have dropped a lot further under him. He was tactically clueless but just good at putting a team and giving them the freedom and confidence to play.

Van Gaal it sounds like. Guess it depends on what Man U do with moyes though.

You say we spent 100m but we sold more. We made a profit in the summer. So actually we didn't spend money, we made money. And like I say, kept AVB we would have easily finished above you, all it would take is one win in our games and we'd be above. We outplayed you both games and you got two lucky early goals and then sat back and hoped for the best. Credit to you it worked.

I mostly agree with the Ferret of Clowns on this one. Spurs were better to watch under Harry and they were more aggressive and attacking, yet not totally reckless as they are under Sherwood. A good middle ground.

Sure, Harry's tactics weren't perfect, but at least he varied things. Unlike AVB, who basically played the same way every single time. Too single-minded. I wouldn't really say that Spurs completely underperformed. City were emerging as this big force, Chelsea and United were already huge, and Arsenal were up there. If he had been given the Bale money, or if he had stayed another season, who knows. I prefer him to both AVB and Sherwood.

As for Moyes: He's staying. I'm confident that he'll pull through and will come out of it a better man and a better manager. He needs to loosen up and learn to be more dynamic with his tactics and line-ups. There's hope for him yet. Even though we've had a bad season (for United's standards), we're 7 points off 4th...too much for this season to salvage, but with an improvement over our home form next season, we should be right up there again.

It's looking like Van Gaal like be at Spurs next season. Should be very interesting. If Spurs are playing well under him and we improve under Moyes and Everton keep up their momentum into next season, Arsenal could be in huge trouble. Once they're out of the Top 4 (eventually, it will happen), I don't see them getting back in.