NEurope
Ramar

Football Season 2013/2014

Pleased about barcas ban, big rumours they were after lloris and Vertonghen! Last thing we need is to sell our best players again!

We're gonna give Vertonghen champions league football playing for a proper club. ;)

Both Kyle Walker and Kyle Naughton say hi.

You can have Kyle Naughton back. For free. And we'll pay for the taxi!

We're gonna give Vertonghen champions league football playing for a proper club. ;)

Hahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahahaha

Kagawa and Mata were class for the entirety of that game. They are on the same wavelength and they need to be starting every week. Both of them. Januzaj, aside from some bad crosses/shots, looked great, too. I was happy to see him score twice.

As for Moyes: The line-up was good today. He made good substitutions and the tactics were just right. Generally, our away form has been great this season. It's the home games where we've messed up.

On to the next game. It's a shame we can't play Mata. But, Kagawa HAS to start. I will lose my shit if he doesn't.

Watch Moyes go and start Young and Nani. :p

Wouldn't surprise me. :shakehead

Today was one of the first times where I thought, "he's got it now." Like watching a kid struggle with a game for so long, and then that moment arrives and it clicks. We have a looooong way to go. But, there's some class players in this team. Rooney, Mata, Kagawa, Januzaj for starters. We need to build the team around them. As I said earlier, Kagawa and Mata were brilliant today. Loved watching them link up. :)

United were strong today because both Rooney and RVP weren't playing, meaning Kagawa and Mata could actually play in their proper positions, and both of them were great. Here's hoping they stick to that formation in Munich.

United were strong today because both Rooney and RVP weren't playing, meaning Kagawa and Mata could actually play in their proper positions, and both of them were great. Here's hoping they stick to that formation in Munich.

Rooney not so much, but agree with you on Van Persie there. It's actually eerily similar to the situation when Ruud Van Nistelrooy was at the club. We played much better football after he left, as it allowed the likes of Rooney and Ronaldo to step up to the plate. Van Persie and Rooney don't look particularly great when they play together, it's not an amazing partnership. I actually thought Rooney and Welbeck's partnership was a lot better. Some of the football they played in the 4-4 with Everton a few years back was incredible. They did look like being the front two before Van Persie arrived.

I'd disagree with you about Rooney because I think he could have done a good job playing up top, with the likes of Mata and Kagawa behind him. That's what I would play, some form of 4-3-3/4-3-2-1 with Rooney through the middle and Kagawa and Mata behind him. Either way, the style of play was much better today, keeping the ball on the ground, quick 1-2s, moving the opposition about (Hernandez is pretty good for this). We need to do more of that.

Everton steam rolled Arsenal there. That fourth spot is looking really shakey for Wenger now.

Time for me to lose all my finger nails as I watch Liverpool....

I'm beginning to lose faith in Wenger after that performance. Sagna was the only player who looked up to the fight and I can see him leaving at the end of the season. There were obvious flaws in our formation and yet Wenger didn't make the changes when he needed too (Ramsey sub aside) and when he did it was too late. Was good to see Ramsey back in the squad and getting a good 25 minutes under his belt and Oxlade Chamberlain looked dangerous when he came on, was gutted to see Sanogo's goal disallowed, he was level as well, when things aren't going your way they really aren't.

Fair play to Everton. It would be mad if Liverpool won the league and Everton make the Champions League. What odds would that have been? In the 1,000s easily. Brilliant season so far. Arsenal are in serious danger of derailment, lose to Wigan and fail to make top 4 and I'd say possibly it could be lights out for Wenger.

Andy Carroll? Axe? Grind?

Amazing amazing result. Come on Everton, please finish above the scum! Now let's have the pikeys beat Liverpool for a perfect footballing day!

Great performance from Everton. Martinez really got his team up for it and they killed Arsenal in midfield. Arsenal and Arsene Wenger didn't seem up for it today and the body language after going down 1-0 was awful.

I still think Arsenal will get fourth as they have easier fixtures. But, we'll see.

Amazing amazing result. Come on Everton, please finish above the scum! Now let's have the pikeys beat Liverpool for a perfect footballing day!

You really are a poisonous little dwarf. :grin:

Keeper gets slapped in the face....no foul given.

Really tough game this, as expected. Some of our passing and shooting ( Sturridge ) has been really off.

What Mourinho has against Lukaku I don't know, he's great for 20!

Lukaku: 13 Premier League goals

Torres + Eto'o: 12 Premier League goals

Credit to West Ham, they managed to keep us quiet for the most part. Second pen was never a pen but seeing as their goal shouldn't have stood, it was a case of 2 wrongs making a right.

I'm not sure I can handle 5 more games. :p

I think the game vs City is probably the biggest league game I can remember in my life. If we win, I really believe we'll go on and win it.

You really are a poisonous little dwarf. :grin:

"Dwarf"? Bizarre insult. But at least you confirm you support Liverpool.

Credit to West Ham, they managed to keep us quiet for the most part. Second pen was never a pen but seeing as their goal shouldn't have stood, it was a case of 2 wrongs making a right.

I actually think the second pen was entirely giveable, mildly debatable as best, they can go either way, but I don't think the ref was out of line to give it. The keeper took Flanno out, if he'd punched the ball to safety first then we can say he didn't deny Liverpool anything, but he didn't and he tripped Flanno who would have otherwise still had control of the ball in a position to cross with the keeper stranded.

I agree though that West Ham can't complain after Carroll's flying palm strike to the face. I can see why the ref didn't look at the replay though, even though it was plain to see for everyone else, if he did then to ensure fairness he'd potentially have to look at it for every decision thereafter which would be a farcial situation.

What Mourinho has against Lukaku I don't know, he's great for 20!

Lukaku: 13 Premier League goals

Torres + Eto'o: 12 Premier League goals

I think he just had too many strikers, 4 players for one position, Torres and Demba cost millions so hard to drop after that investment, and Eto'o is probably on fat wages too. Torres and Eto'o are/where world class high profile players so I can see why they stayed, their basically Ambramovic's toys, his new Shevchenkos. I'm suprised they didn't sacrifice Ba though to accomodate Lukaku. I guess the feeling is also as he's only 20 he's getting great experience for the future instead of being rotated at Chelsea.

An alternative way to look at it that I've mentioned before is he's still sent Lukaku out to potentially do damage to his rivals. And it's no skin of Chelsea's nose if he helps West Brom and Everton do well as they're not considered direct rivals to Chelsea, and he obviously can't play against Chelsea either. So he could argue he's more use to Chelsea scoring goals against their rivals for another team, than maybe just sitting on Chelsea's bench. Obviously though they expected better from Torres and Eto'o this season.

The fall of Torres has been spectacular, I actually feel bad for him. Blonde Torres was doing genuinely one of the best strikers in the world for a while at Liverpool, he was a proper magician at times scoring outrageous goals. He just doesn't look the same player at Chelsea, both figuritively and literally, we've even seen a nasty streak to him that he didn't used to have. What have Chelsea done to him? He badly needs to leave, it just isn't working there.

Some Liverpool fans despise Torres now, and even Owen, but I still respect what they did for us, they were phenoms. I'm hoping we beat Chelsea, win the league, and Torres peels off his Chelsea shirt to reveal a Liverpool shirt underneath with "Agent Torres" on the back, and leaves Chelsea to join in the title celebration with us.