NEurope
Ramar

Football Season 2013/2014

Hoping for a Barca win. Lose and the league is as good as over for them.

Hope El Classico delivers tonight. Should be good!

What do you mean tonight. It's just been on, spurs win 3-2.

What do you mean tonight. It's just been on, spurs win 3-2.

CharltonHestonLaugh.gif

I read a stat yesterday that Wenger won 7 trophies in his first 500 matches and hasn't won any in his second 500 matches for Arsenal.

That's amazing if true. The players he had in the first 500 were legendary. Henry....hnnnnggggg.

CharltonHestonLaugh.gif

Absolutely hilarious, had me in stitches. That sums up Dazzybee anytime he talks about Spurs.

Edited by Wii

I can see the top 4 finishing as is. If Liverpool don't win it I would prefer City to win it over Chelsea, but there's just something more ruthless about Chelsea that makes them favourites for me.

Getting a bit tired of the media's strange obsession with trying to get managers to admit either they could win the league or are favourites to win it. Why? What difference does it make if Mourinho thinks he's favourite or not? Why to people want to hear him say it so much? They probably only want the soundbite so they can point to it later if he fails.

Really hope Barca win tonight, though Real Madrid are slightly less evil now Jose isn't there. While I'm at it I might as well hope Milan win tonight too, they've flopped worse than Utd this season.

What an awesome El Clasico. Really glad Barca won.

Tactics were pretty much irrelevant, it was just end to end. Fantastic stuff.

Best thing about the result of the classico - Atletico Madrid are 1st. Be amazing if it went to the final day when they both play each other at Camp Nou.

With the Prem and La Liga we've got some great end of season on the go! I can't wait to see how it turns out, I'd not really want to put money on any of the teams in either league being champions.

Edited by Kav

I just hope that Atletico don't have their squad picked apart in the summer transfer window and La Liga doesn't go back to a 2 horse race next season. Would really be good to see the dominance of those 2 challenged.

But I fear they will be another Dortmund and lose good players. Although Dortmund are still good losing Gotze and Lewandowski to their main title rivals isn't great.

Unless of course United snap up Costa, Turan, Koke :p

It would be ridiculous for either of them to serve a ban in my opinion.

That ref was just a disgrace. Not the standard that should be expected in the PL.

Why shouldn't Ox be banned? So from now on if a potentially goalbound effort is handballed but proved it was going wide, that must be rescinded? Dangerous precedent.

Great games for Arsenal and United tonight, looking good boys ;)

From looking to win the title to looking over our shoulders in the last champions league place, if we don't finish in the Champions League places then Wenger will call quits on his Arsenal Career.

I'm in the mindset now that we won't win any games, home or away. Predicted the 3-0 scoreline earlier today and am a bit shocked that we didn't lose by more if I'm being honest.

David Silva and Yaya Toure are so, so good. Both ran rings around us. Numerous times we had 8 or 9 players behind the ball, yet one or two of their men just walked through us. The pressing was non-existent.

Bayern are going to beat us home and away by at least 3 goals in each game. If we can get through the tie with a lesser aggregate score than Barcelona last year, that'll be something.

We were shit. Simple as that. We'll get another pasting Saturday if some of those players don't buck their ideas up.

Bayern are going to beat us home and away by at least 3 goals in each game. If we can get through the tie with a lesser aggregate score than Barcelona last year, that'll be something.

Bayern won the league today. All wrapped up early, can rest players ahead of the Champions League games.

Manchester City walked through United defense as if they weren't even there at times yesterday, The first goal... I just saw it coming. Unbelievable,

We did have spells of looking okay, but we once again completely squashed,

As Flink has said losing by a lesser aggregate than Barcelona against Bayern would be an achievement at this rate. But as @Ramar pointed out they've wrapped the Bundesliga up and while I imagine they would like to continue their outstanding record they fixtures before the CL Matches i'd expect to see alot of key players rested.

Arsenal man, I don't know what to say. Was it really Ramsey that kept that side ticking?

There was interesting comments on the match last night on who United would rather hand the title over to. Liverpool, City or Chelsea... While I don't like the idea of 'handing' it over to any of them, the lesser of evils for me would be Chelsea,

Bristol City beat Port Vale 5-0 last night :) :) It brought us back to 0 goal difference for the season, and haven't lost in 6 games! I know how @Blade feels now with Sheffield Uniteds recent run. Cant Believe if Sheffield United win their 2 games in hand they could be a point off the playoffs. What a turn around from the start of the season.

Why shouldn't Ox be banned? So from now on if a potentially goalbound effort is handballed but proved it was going wide, that must be rescinded? Dangerous precedent.

I don't think it will be rescinded in future. I think in the case of Oxlade-Chamberlain is that he was never actually sent off and therefore they couldn't ban him retrospectively for a non-red card offence even if he should have got it during the match.

England will take part in a new Nations League from the 2018-19 season after all 54 of Uefa’s members agreed to back the revolutionary competition at its annual Congress this week.

The Telegraph has learnt that a resolution giving European football’s governing body permission to devise a third major international tournament is expected to be waved through in Kazakhstan this week, paving the way for the biggest shake-up in the football calendar in years.

The precise format of the competition has yet to be confirmed but it is understood that there is almost unanimous support for a biennial event which would replace friendly games and run in parallel with the World Cup and European Championship from 2018.

As it stands, Uefa wants to divide the event into three or four divisions, with promotion and relegation between them.

England would qualify for a 16-team top flight, which would be split into four groups of four, with home and away fixtures taking place alongside qualifying matches for the World Cup and European Championship. Germany, Spain, Italy, France, Holland and Portugal are all likely to join England in the top division.

The winners of each of the four groups would then advance to a ‘Final Four’ tournament at a neutral venue, with two semi-finals and a final taking place over several days during the summer of odd-numbered years.

Source

Anyone else thinks this sounds like a great idea? Really shake up international football within Europe and we'll regularly get some really interesting matches that actually mean something. The only problem is that there might not be any space in the calendar for ties against non UEFA nations.

Bristol City beat Port Vale 5-0 last night :) :) It brought us back to 0 goal difference for the season, and haven't lost in 6 games! I know how @Blade feels now with Sheffield Uniteds recent run. Cant Believe if Sheffield United win their 2 games in hand they could be a point off the playoffs. What a turn around from the start of the season.

In Clough we trust :)

Yes as expected City crushed United without even getting out of second gear but it could have been worse. Both Welbeck and Fellaini should've received red cards. Everybody's glossed over this. It wasn't a dirty game but they were red card offences. Can't wait for the Bayern matches.

Disappointed in Arsenal but they do have a lot of key injuries. This always seems to happen to them. Everton could potentially get 4th now but as impressive as they've been, I don't think it will happen unfortunately.

Yes as expected City crushed United without even getting out of second gear but it could have been worse. Both Welbeck and Fellaini should've received red cards. Everybody's glossed over this. It wasn't a dirty game but they were red card offences. Can't wait for the Bayern matches.

Fellaini was shocking. He actually stepped away from the ball to lay that elbow into Zabelta. I hate the guy, always have. He's such a dirty player.

Source

Anyone else thinks this sounds like a great idea? Really shake up international football within Europe and we'll regularly get some really interesting matches that actually mean something. The only problem is that there might not be any space in the calendar for ties against non UEFA nations.

Sounds like an early April Fools story, and personally I hope it is.

I was going to say I don't see the point of it, but obviously the point is money. When you think about it there's no real need to find out who the best country in the world or each region is, it's about getting eyes on screens, but the world cup and euros are still great football festivals for the fans, and they do satisfy that curiosity people have about who is the best country.

So why add a new European super league in addition to the existing Euros, replace them by all means, but what's the justification (apart from money) of having two competions to essentially determine the same thing? Exactly who will be the champions of Europe, the winners of the Euros, or the winners of the new competition? And won't the prestige of one competition overshadow the other?

I don't really see any need to shake up european international football like this. The freindlies are somewhat pointless but that's the point, they don't matter, which is why they're useful to build the team, get the players together regularly and experiment, without having to play 100% and risk injuries that affect their domestic football. There's a major international competition every two years, that seems plenty to me.

I was going to say I don't see the point of it, but obviously the point is money. When you think about it there's no real need to find out who the best country in the world or each region is, it's about getting eyes on screens, but the world cup and euros are still great football festivals for the fans, and they do satisfy that curiosity people have about who is the best country.

Is there any point about finding out who the best club team in the England is? Just ditch the FA Cup and League cup because the Premier League already does that.

It means that people will take international matches outside qualifying more seriously as there's actually some meaning to them.

God I wish they'd stop giving us more football! I mean, we all love football, but there's such a thing as too much football right?

I'll still watch though.