NEurope
Ramar

Football Season 2013/2014

Liverpool weren't at their best, but they were still far too strong for Man Utd.

The 3rd penalty should have never been given as it was a dive from Sturridge, but the foul on Sturridge from Carrick was a penalty.

Had a good laugh when I saw Cleverly about to come on at 2-0 down.

Says it all really.

Incredible result and performance. We were easily better, it wasn't even close in terms of performance.

Great stuff. :D

That's the part that makes me sad. Well done.

This feels worse to me than the 4-1 against Liverpool and the 6-1 against City, and we definitely played worse today than in those games. Against City, it was never a 6-1 game and we conceded three goals at the end when we over-committed. The sending off in the 4-1 game helped things along, but we played better than, too.

We were shite at every stage. 0-0,1-0, 2-0 and 3-0. I'm amazed that a team with RVP, Rooney, Mata and Januzaj can't create anything. Some of the build-up play is fucking bizarre to watch. It just doesn't work. We've progressively got worse as the season has gone on. Can't believe it.

Don't buy the whole bullshit about Sherwood being massively inferior to AVB. Do you remember how boring our play was at the start of this year? Tedious play, poor results. Talk about a negative spiral after the City & Liverpool games. Would be grinding out draws if it weren't for Ade being back in the squad.

Not that I think Sherwood's doing a particularly good job, though to be honest he's had some good games and were it not for his insistence on playing his youth academy players (If I see Harry Kane in one more big fixture I'll tune out) I'd be happy enough with him until the summer. Fair play to the man for chopping and changing every week if the nature of your job means that you've got absolutely no time to work on a project / set formation.

Crazy crazy talk! Sherwood is literally the worst manager I have seen at White Hart Lane, I've never know anyone so clueless. Thing is, under AVB we controlled most games, we had a system, and a plan. It wasn't quite working and was often dull (this season); but I felt with time we'd tweak it, he should have been more brave at home, that's the mistake, he had the best away record in the league when he was sacked (and won every single cup game).

Tim had a decent start with results, Ade playing was the main reason for this, but the new, exciting, honeymoon period; but even then I could see we were headless chickens hoping for the best and even our wins against southampton man u and palace (AT HOME!!!!!) we gave them so many chances. It was pure luck. And it's run out. So now we are absolutely atrocious, have no possession, have no system, just run around and hope for the best. It is painfully pitiful.

But we have a fantastic squad if players, so i just hope the players can pull us out of a rut. But I highly doubt it. I presume we'll lose today and that's the season done!

There is no way in hell Sherwood will ever have a career in premiership level management.

Man U are awful, hilariously so to be honest, which I said before the season (and got some abuse :) ); my big concern is still motes getting sacked and Man u stealing Van Gaal!! Please stick with him and show faith!!

Man U's squad is pitiful bar some fantastic attacking players and a decent keeper. They need a huge overhaul in the summer!!

Bi3CH18CEAAQkZa.png

This picture would imply that Moyes has the capacity for emotion.

Somebody on the RedCafe posted this photo.

Bi2r438IYAEY5ij.jpg

Followed by comments along the line of: "*sigh* He can't even get his finger up!", "Even Rodgers even points with more conviction!", etc.

Frustrating game at the lane... a stupid early lucky hit. Then Spurs dominate the rest of the game... Under Dim Tim we just don't create anything!!!

Frustrating game at the lane... a stupid early lucky hit. Then Spurs dominate the rest of the game... Under Dim Tim we just don't create anything!!!

Yes stupid indeed.

Watching the Liverpool game with two Man Utd fans,towards the end they just had to laugh as well, so devoid of any ideas, bringing Ferdinand on for Mata, for what? damage limitation? lolz.

Arsenal were pretty bad today overall. Koscielny (superb), Mertesacker & Sagna put in a solid defensive performance.

Tottenham had the ball for the majority of the game but they never really converted it into proper goal-scoring opportunities.

Important 3 points, but we need to play MUCH better against Chelsea next.

We looked to always be playing for a 1-0 and to be fair, we got what we set out to do. I just hope it's not a common occurrence away from home. Rosicky's strike was a thing of beauty but man, where was Danny Rose all the way up the pitch.

That's 3/3 wins and 3/3 Clean sheets against the Spuds this season.

One of the best premier league seasons in a long time.

8-9 games left, four teams still in it for the title.

You keep expecting one of the teams to drop off but nope, still there.

Man City might have games in hand but they have the hardest set of fixtures of the four (Man Utd, Arsenal, Everton & Liverpool all away)

My prediction

1. Chelsea

2. Liverpool

3. Man City

4. Arsenal

One of the best premier league seasons in a long time.

8-9 games left, four teams still in it for the title.

You keep expecting one of the teams to drop off but nope, still there.

Man City might have games in hand but they have the hardest set of fixtures of the four (Man Utd, Arsenal, Everton & Liverpool all away)

My prediction

1. Chelsea

2. Liverpool

3. Man City

4. Arsenal

this weekend has really blown the title race wild open again. i though Chelsea would win it as they do have the easier run in on paper, but now City look in pole position again. I think Chelsea's lack of a goal scorer will prove their undoing, which makes it all the more bizarre that Mourinho didn't get on in the January window. What are Man Utd waiting for? Moyes isn't good enough.

Spurs outplayed Arsenal in midfield but couldn't breach a strong had four. I'd say Chelsea have more of a chance but not after that performance yesterday. Can see it being 0-0.

Bi3h8zlCMAAKyVz_zpsb71becb5.jpg

My hand.. Thankfully my ugly mug is obscured.

Done 'em 3 times in one season!!

A dazzy special, got dominated in possession, still pumped 'em!

COME ON YOU GUNNERS!

Edited by Ramar

If only we'd beaten stoke last week. We'd only be one point off the top with a game in hand. Would have taken a bit of pressure off the Chelsea game, but anyway, we need to beat our rivals to win this.

Come on you Gunners!

It really shows you how this season has developed when Liverpool can go to Old Trafford, come away with a 3-0 victory and nobody is really surprised that it happened..

It feels good :heh:

I've said before that I feel like we have to make the Champions League this season or we may find it even more difficult to do so in future. Thankfully, we're nearly there after both results today :hehe: If anything, the Arsenal victory gives us that extra breathing space from Tottenham in 5th to go all out for the title :eek: Where there may have been games to walk away happy with a point, it may give us more freedom to fight for the win knowing that we're unlikely to be caught.

Having said that, even after Gerrard missed the 3rd penalty today and Man United were down to 10 men, I was still worried they would somehow come back so I'll certainly not be taking a Champions League spot for granted. Even if we did finish 4th, I'm still unsure if we'd make it past the qualifying round so I hope we can put it all beyond doubt by the time May rolls around :heh:

It really shows you how this season has developed when Liverpool can go to Old Trafford, come away with a 3-0 victory and nobody is really surprised that it happened..

It feels good :heh:

I've said before that I feel like we have to make the Champions League this season or we may find it even more difficult to do so in future. Thankfully, we're nearly there after both results today :hehe: If anything, the Arsenal victory gives us that extra breathing space from Tottenham in 5th to go all out for the title :eek: Where there may have been games to walk away happy with a point, it may give us more freedom to fight for the win knowing that we're unlikely to be caught.

Having said that, even after Gerrard missed the 3rd penalty today and Man United were down to 10 men, I was still worried they would somehow come back so I'll certainly not be taking a Champions League spot for granted. Even if we did finish 4th, I'm still unsure if we'd make it past the qualifying round so I hope we can put it all beyond doubt by the time May rolls around :heh:

Dude you are going for the title, stop thinking about top 4 it's a certainty. It's just mad that at this point any of the top 4 could win it but equally any of them could finish 4th and end up in the dreaded qualifying round. This is Liverpools best chance though as being in the Champions League next season will make it much harder to compete on both fronts.

Let's hope that's the beginning of a miserable week for Arsenal and the start of a spurs-esque season collapse.

Now for Spurs to smash them on Sunday to really panic them!

I really hope we can turn it on, weird to think if we beat you, then next weekends fixtures are us h v southampton you a v chelsea... we could be level on points :) Mental when you think about it!!

Never thought I'd be saying it - but come on Man U. Two home wins and spurs will be 3 points off third!

So hows that working out this morning?*

* It's not even morning...

I think I'd rather see Manchester United win 3-1 tonight and go out of the Champions League on a win than face demolition in the quarters.

Seriously I don't fancy United against any of them.