NEurope
Ramar

Football Season 2013/2014

I genuinely think if we stuck with AVB we'd be 4th, and have done much better in the cups.... :(

I'm not even sure how you think you'd be 4th now considering Tim Sherwood has won 8 and drawn 2 of his 13 Premier League matches in charge, according to the Premier League website ::shrug:

That's seems pretty solid to me and I fail to see how you could have expected AVB to do any better in that period, especially when you consider it would have taken at least 5 more points from that time to sneak ahead of Man City in the current table, even though they have 3 games in hand :blank:

He barely played when he was fit. So frustrating. But he's "injured" now, though rumours we've given him some time off to sort his head out and such. I'd play him every game for me, no one else is playing well in that position and he's our big superstar so let's give him a chance. Lennon, Eriksen, Lamela, Ade is a decent forward line I reckon!

But I'm just waiting for the summer now. Though if Van Gaal is our new manager which looks likely (presuming Man stick with Moyes - please!!!!) then we'll have to wait til AFTER the world cup, which is worrying... want to get started as soon as this disastrous season is over!

I genuinely think if we stuck with AVB we'd be 4th, and have done much better in the cups.... :(

I was talking to two Spurs fans about the signings that were made with the Bale money. Looking on it now, Eriksen seems to be the only one who's doing the business. I forgot about Lamela until I heard his name mentioned in midweek. "Oh yeah, shit...forgot they signed him."

It was always obvious that Sherwood was an interim manager, no matter what he says. He hasn't got the credentials, the ability, the experience or the dexterity to be the manager at a top level club full-time. He's punching well above his weight at the moment, but now the results are starting to go against him and I don't think he has the ability to pull himself out of the hole like a great manager can. It's not easy, so it's no disrespect intended towards him. To be a manager at a big club, you need to be a special kind of person.

I always thought he'd be out of the club by the following Christmas. I still think that. Regarding Moyes, he irritates the shit out of me, but a large part of me hopes that it'll eventually click and fall into place. He's made mistakes, but signing Mata was a good step towards redeeming himself. I watched our game last week and thought Fellaini looked great in midfield. A fit Fellaini can offer a lot to United. We're still short, and now it looks like the defence is where we need to sort it all out. Basically, keep the team that played last weekend (maybe even start Welbeck up top) and keep that 11 for the remainder of the season.

Chiriches was very good until his injury, he'll be good. Eriksen is amazing. Chadli is average. Soldado I still think will come good. Lamela who knows. Paulinho is hit and miss, but he obviously has ability. Capoue has also looked really good, great back up to sandro.

Overall I think it's been good business, but the problem is clubs need a world class attacking player. Eriksen will be that, but not yet. So we've suffered as all the other clubs have that. Except arsenal.

To be a manager at a big club, you need to be at a big club.

You're right Flink.

How many times were Hull offside today?

So, so poor. They couldn't even make the most of playing 10 men.

It's more 8.5 men when Man City had Demichelis and Lescott on at the same time.

Hart was lucky to avoid a red card as well.

You're right Flink.

Arf Arf!

Looking forward to the big game tomorrow? It's the first time in my entire life I'm fearing it... Dread to think what the clown is going to do...

Arf Arf!

Looking forward to the big game tomorrow? It's the first time in my entire life I'm fearing it... Dread to think what the clown is going to do...

If I'm totally honest I never really look forward to the NLD at your place.

Doesn't help that walking down Seven Sisters after the game is one of the worst experiences in football.

If I'm totally honest I never really look forward to the NLD at your place.

Doesn't help that walking down Seven Sisters after the game is one of the worst experiences in football.

I really hope we can turn it on, weird to think if we beat you, then next weekends fixtures are us h v southampton you a v chelsea... we could be level on points :) Mental when you think about it!!

This is positive news :)

I really hope we can turn it on, weird to think if we beat you, then next weekends fixtures are us h v southampton you a v chelsea... we could be level on points :) Mental when you think about it!!

Equally if we win and beat Chelsea we'll be equal on points with them. March madness.

Man City could profit the most this weekend.

Edit - Ignore me, I can't count. We'd be a point behind.

Edited by Ramar

Mourinho is such an unbearable wanker.

Something we can all agree on.

Ramires will surely get a lengthy ban after that horror challenge on El Ahmadi, that was a real potential leg breaker.

Edited by Emerald Emblem

Arf Arf!

i'm just going to watch the game with a cold beer... oh wait you meant Sherwood.

Arf Arf!

I'm looking forward to the United v Liverpool game as well. I'm not fearing it and yeah nobody knows what the clown Frank Spencer will do.

Never thought I'd be saying it - but come on Man U. Two home wins and spurs will be 3 points off third!

Never thought I'd be saying it - but come on Man U. Two home wins and spurs will be 3 points off third!

And if you then lose to Arsenal, and United (unlikely since it's against City) and Everton win their games in hand then you'll be be in 7th...

Edited by Eddage

And if you then lose to Arsenal and United (unlikely since it's against City) and Everton win their games in hand then you'll be be in 7th...

So. I don't care finishing 5th or 7th to be honest. I'd rather look up and fight for top 4 than scrap with Everton and Man U for 5th.

Because we would have beat hull Norwich and WBA :)

Well considering last season we drew at home to West Brom and drew both Norwich fixtures (one of which I went to, and was emblematic of the tedious kind of game we played week in week out under AVB - aside from the standard Bale slice of beauty), I'm not so sure we would have. There are always results you can point to as why we don't get champions league - this year is no different -Last year I'd put it down to losing at home to Fulham - almost to this day last year.

Don't buy the whole bullshit about Sherwood being massively inferior to AVB. Do you remember how boring our play was at the start of this year? Tedious play, poor results. Talk about a negative spiral after the City & Liverpool games. Would be grinding out draws if it weren't for Ade being back in the squad.

Not that I think Sherwood's doing a particularly good job, though to be honest he's had some good games and were it not for his insistence on playing his youth academy players (If I see Harry Kane in one more big fixture I'll tune out) I'd be happy enough with him until the summer. Fair play to the man for chopping and changing every week if the nature of your job means that you've got absolutely no time to work on a project / set formation.

Hope we somehow grind out a win with some wacky Sherwoodian tactics today, a great glimmer in this river of shit of a season, Friday Night Lights Season 4 style. A Game of Thrones Red Wedding style bloody bath more likely though.

Incidentally I hope we don't finish too low down in the league, not sure Van Gaal would be too keen on taking a team who are too obviously dire...

COYS

Listening to Man United v Liverpool on the radio is, as usual, absolute torture.. :shakehead

Thankfully, it's going to plan so far :heh:

Listening to Man United v Liverpool on the radio is, as usual, absolute torture.. :shakehead

Thankfully, it's going to plan so far :heh:

Check your PMs now.

Oh my god, we are terrible. 2-0. Rafael should be off. We can't supply the ball to the strikers and we can't create.

Incredible result and performance. We were easily better, it wasn't even close in terms of performance.

Great stuff. :D