NEurope
Ramar

Football Season 2013/2014

We're not even in the final yet. If this weekend has taught us anything it's don't count your chickens.

Though the thought of it being gifted is hilarious considering we've had one of the hardest cup runs to get to the semi.

You just reminded me of the Liverpool game. How ye won that I'll never know. Liverpool had so many chances and of course the most blatant stonewall penalty turned down. I remember thinking if this ends in a draw the replay would've have been hilarious watching Liverpool rip Arsenal limb from limb at Anfield.

Man City too were lucky maybe not to the same extent back a couple of rounds against Watford, 2-0 down at half-time, Watford wilted but still City winning 4-2 only got 2 of those goals in the last 5 minutes.

A Wigan v Sheffield United final would be nice.

You just reminded me of the Liverpool game. How ye won that I'll never know. Liverpool had so many chances and of course the most blatant stonewall penalty turned down. I remember thinking if this ends in a draw the replay would've have been hilarious watching Liverpool rip Arsenal limb from limb at Anfield.

Awww diddums.

Exactly. I think with all the semi finalists it has not been easy.

It is always a dangerous game disrespecting your opponent no matter how easy the game may appear.

Don't get me wrong I expect to get knocked out by Hull in the semi final. Why? It's fairly simple we are a League 1 club and they are Premier League but hey give us some kind of credit.

You've beaten Fulham and Aston Villa so why not Hull? It would have been so much easier if you'd gotten Arsenal in the semi final draw, you could have booked the hotel and tickets for the final now.

We're not even in the final yet. If this weekend has taught us anything it's don't count your chickens.

Though the thought of it being gifted is hilarious considering we've had one of the hardest cup runs to get to the semi.

to be honest I don't know what your cup run has been, but I was refering to City getting knocked out. It's yours to lose now.

Referring to Arsenal's FA Cup run, every single game was at home. That's an absolutely huge help.

Referring to Arsenal's FA Cup run, every single game was at home. That's an absolutely huge help.

considering Arsenal have been top for the majority of the season and Man Utd are now Everton, then all homes ties whilst avoiding Man City and Chelsea can only be viewed as a pretty comfortable draw.

Of course playing at home can bring about some advantages, but that doesn't change the fact that we've played and beat some tough teams on the way to the semi-final.

Anyway, hoping that Arsenal give a great account of themselves tonight against Bayern. They've got a really small chance to go through, but it's a chance nonetheless.

considering Arsenal have been top for the majority of the season and Man Utd are now Everton, then all homes ties whilst avoiding Man City and Chelsea can only be viewed as a pretty comfortable draw.

And Spurs are now West Brom. The only tough game was Liverpool and they fluked their way through with huge help from the ref.

That is some fairly stupid logic.

Seven-game ban for Pardew

Newcastle manager Alan Pardew has been handed a seven-match suspension and a £60,000 fine for headbutting Hull City's David Meyler.

The sanction was imposed by an independent regulatory commission after Pardew admitted a Football Association misconduct charge.

Pardew was also warned as to his future conduct after the incident during Newcastle's 4-1 win at Hull City on March 1.

The 52-year-old headbutted Meyler on the touchline when the midfielder tried to retrieve the ball from the Newcastle technical area.

A statement from the FA read: "Newcastle United manager Alan Pardew will serve a seven-match suspension with immediate effect, subject to any appeal, after he admitted an FA misconduct charge.

"An independent regulatory commission today ruled the first three matches imposed are a stadium ban with the remaining four a touchline ban."

Newcastle, who have already fined Pardew £100,000 and issued their manager with a formal warning, said they have accepted the decision and now wish to draw a line under the matter.

Pardew told the club's official website: "As I have made clear, I deeply regret the incident and again wholeheartedly apologise to all parties for my conduct, which I understand was not acceptable.

"I will accept the punishment handed down by the FA today.

"My focus now turns to preparing the team for this weekend's game against Fulham and finishing the season as strongly as possible."

Pardew will be suspended for matches against Fulham, Crystal Palace, Everton, Southampton, Manchester United, Stoke, and Swansea - but will be back for the last three games of the season.

http://www.football365.com/news/21554/9207852/No-Ifs-No-Butts-It-s-A-Seven-Match-Ban

That is some fairly stupid logic.

well if I'm being so stupid explain why it was such a hard cup run.

well if I'm being so stupid explain why it was such a hard cup run.

3rd Round - Tottenham. A North London Derby is never an easy match.

4th Round - Coventry. Possibly the easiest game we'll have.

5th Round - Liverpool. The best they've been for years, humiliated us 8 days previously. Immense pressure before the game.

Quarter Final - Everton. An improving side. One that had dominated us at home earlier in the season, we were lucky to walk away with a point that day.

Three out of our four fixtures are against top 7 Premier League clubs, in a competition where theoretically you could play any side in the country. That's not considered hard?..

It could have been harder and yes being drawn at home every round gave us an edge. But to deny it was a tough run is daft.

Good result, obviously not good enough to cause an upset but the team worked their socks off and when Bayern took the lead it could easily have been worse, but Podolski's response nice and sharpish gave us belief again. Bayern were always in control despite the nerves the equalizer caused. Fabianski was great, the penalty save was good and brave to claw the ball away.

But at least we kept the FA cup dream alive. Bring on Sunday.

Let's hope that's the beginning of a miserable week for Arsenal and the start of a spurs-esque season collapse.

Arsenal did well tonight. We kept Bayern quiet throughout the majority of the game, most of the danger was coming from their fairy cake but even that wasn't much.

Arsenal had the better 2nd half, especially after the equalizer (on the night) and we had Bayern worried at the Allianz once again. Wasted chances from Giroud & Gnabry didn't help, but at least the team still has their confidence.

Time to focus on the league & the FA Cup.

Oh yeah, Chambo & Fabianski take a bow.

No complaints from me*. Had we done better in the first leg that 1-1 could have been vital. Some really solid performances in that game. Ox, Arteta, Fabianski, Poldi (second half) and the defence did well.

Unbeaten in the Allianz, unbeaten in Germany in our last 6? #LikeATrophy

Finish well in the league and make the FA Cup our first priority.

Hopefully we've not picked up any knocks tonight.

* Apart from Robben's a dirty diving wanker.

Robben is such a prick. Tremendous talent, but I don't see why he has to dive all the time.

Also, that penalty save was weird. It seemed like some sort of FIFA glitch, the way it didn't go over the line.

Arsenal were unlucky, but you felt that Bayern could turn it on if they really needed to. Saying that, I really, really don't like the way that they play under Guardiola. They were better beforehand, much more ruthless. This team keep the ball well, but for me they're less exciting to watch.

Saying that, I really, really don't like the way that they play under Guardiola. They were better beforehand, much more ruthless. This team keep the ball well, but for me they're less exciting to watch.

You should watch some Bundesliga matches ;) They are goddamn ruthless...

(last few matches: 6:1, 5:1, 4:0, 4:0, 2:0, 5:0, ... ; every time with a near perfect performance - except for that 6:1 where we only played well for the last 30 minutes)

Today it felt like we were just doing the necessary amount of work in order to win or rather secure reaching the quarterfinals.

Well, we succeeded ;)

You can be happy with 1-1, but don't think the match would have been 1-1 if Bayern weren't 2-0 up. Bayern had many more gears to go through if needed, but they didn't need to. Now for Spurs to smash them on Sunday to really panic them!

Another win for us today.

That is 10 wins in a row...the most in our 125 year history :D

You can be happy with 1-1, but don't think the match would have been 1-1 if Bayern weren't 2-0 up. Bayern had many more gears to go through if needed, but they didn't need to. Now for Spurs to smash them on Sunday to really panic them!

With the way Spurs are playing now you'll be lucky to avoid defeat on Sunday. Looks like you're following us out of Europe very soon.

With the way Spurs are playing now you'll be lucky to avoid defeat on Sunday. Looks like you're following us out of Europe very soon.

Looks that way, I've said it before and I'll say until the moron is gone, but Tim Sherwood is the most clueless, most inept, most cultish spurs manager I have ever seen. And I've seen some clangers. How this guys has a career in coaching in any form blows my freaking mind!!!

Looks that way, I've said it before and I'll say until the moron is gone, but Tim Sherwood is the most clueless, most inept, most cultish spurs manager I have ever seen. And I've seen some clangers. How this guys has a career in coaching in any form blows my freaking mind!!!

What's the deal with Lamela? Can't remember the last time he played. I take it he's injured.

In fairness to Spurs, Benfica were pretty awesome tonight. Garay and Luisao were solid at the back...we should have nabbed Garay in the summer.

What's the deal with Lamela? Can't remember the last time he played. I take it he's injured.

In fairness to Spurs, Benfica were pretty awesome tonight. Garay and Luisao were solid at the back...we should have nabbed Garay in the summer.

He barely played when he was fit. So frustrating. But he's "injured" now, though rumours we've given him some time off to sort his head out and such. I'd play him every game for me, no one else is playing well in that position and he's our big superstar so let's give him a chance. Lennon, Eriksen, Lamela, Ade is a decent forward line I reckon!

But I'm just waiting for the summer now. Though if Van Gaal is our new manager which looks likely (presuming Man stick with Moyes - please!!!!) then we'll have to wait til AFTER the world cup, which is worrying... want to get started as soon as this disastrous season is over!

I genuinely think if we stuck with AVB we'd be 4th, and have done much better in the cups.... :(