NEurope
Ramar

Football Season 2013/2014

Finally an Arsenal player scores against United! Get in Campbell!

I heard this evening that Joel Campbell is the grandson of an Irish missionary priest. Something for Mr. O'Neill and Mr. Keane to look into ahead of the Euros.

Nevermind, he's already played for Costa Rica.

Nevermind, he's already played for Costa Rica.

Scored some cracking goals for them too. Really hope we sort his work permit out in the summer and give him a chance.

Shrek Rooney really earned his £300,000 this week. And with no match at the weekend either he must be laughing. Now he's free to eat his Mcdonalds, have a few smokes, down a few tins and spend some of his hard earned cash on riddled granny brazzers.

he looked like a man that had the sudden realisation "oh shit, I'm here for another 5 years"

I really don't get the timing of Rooney signing the contract when he did. He's been bemoaning the lack of quality in the Man Utd squad for 2-3 years and wanting to leave, then when they look the worst they have been for 20 years and he is 6 months away from finally getting the move he wants... he signs a new deal and basically handcuffs himself to the club. I do wonder if (and this applies to Suarez also) there is a buy out clause if champions league is not acheived

he looked like a man that had the sudden realisation "oh shit, I'm here for another 5 years"

I really don't get the timing of Rooney signing the contract when he did. He's been bemoaning the lack of quality in the Man Utd squad for 2-3 years and wanting to leave, then when they look the worst they have been for 20 years and he is 6 months away from finally getting the move he wants... he signs a new deal and basically handcuffs himself to the club. I do wonder if (and this applies to Suarez also) there is a buy out clause if champions league is not acheived

It's all about the money. He doesn't give a crap about the club. He was born in Liverpool, doubt they were his favourite childhood team, if anything the opposite. He's staying for 300,000 reasons and the promise of captaincy next season. That's how you reward someone who's held the club for ransom numerous times? United are desperate, they need a positive story and he could have ran his contract and left for nothing.

Just look at last summer. United had just won the league by 11 points and he hands in a transfer request? Bemoans lack of quality? Well it wasn't evident then but now he's sitting in a team full of $h!t that'll probably finish 7th. Now more than ever he should want out the door, right? It's just an excuse, he's a greedy F##k, that's it, end of. How United fans cheer him on, I don't know.

Just look at last summer. United had just won the league by 11 points and he hands in a transfer request? Bemoans lack of quality? Well it wasn't evident then but now he's sitting in a team full of $h!t that'll probably finish 7th.

They'll finish 5th and Moyes will be happy with that until he remembers he aint managing Everton anymore.

Utd need to spend £150 million minimum this summer with about £80 million of that on a new back four.

Would you trust Moyes with £150 million?

They're not finishing 5th. Even Sherwoods' Spurs are better tbh.

I wouldn't say they need that much. I hope Moyes gets that much though. :p

I hope Everton finish ahead of United. That would be so funny. Still can't decide whether I want them to qualify for the Europa League. Give Moyes £200m, that Rooney contract and no Champions League means they'll have fork out a lot to attract quality. Then when he fails again next season and sacked the new manager will have to work with Moyes mess and won't be given the same funds.

Rooney will be at Chelsea next year I reckon. Summer will come and he'll say that he won't be happy. Jose will play the whole 'we desperately need a striker' card and Roman will throw whatever they need to in order to get him.

If Rooney wasn't happy with the squad when they won the league, he sure as hell won't be happy if they aren't in the CL next year.

Training session from Real Madrid.

Also did you see that miss from Draxler? Yeah, he's an Arsenal player alright.

England squad:

Goalkeepers: Fraser Forster (Celtic), Ben Foster (West Bromwich Albion), Joe Hart (Manchester City), John Ruddy (Norwich City).

Defenders: Leighton Baines (Everton), Gary Cahill (Chelsea), Steven Caulker (Cardiff City), Ashley Cole (Chelsea), Glen Johnson (Liverpool), Luke Shaw (Southampton), Chris Smalling (Manchester United), Kyle Walker (Tottenham Hotspur).

Midfielders: Ross Barkley (Everton), Michael Carrick (Manchester United), Tom Cleverley (Manchester United), Steven Gerrard (Liverpool), Jordan Henderson (Liverpool), Adam Lallana (Southampton), Frank Lampard (Chelsea), James Milner (Manchester City), Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain (Arsenal), Raheem Sterling (Liverpool), Andros Townsend (Tottenham Hotspur), Jack Wilshere (Arsenal).

Forwards: Jermain Defoe (Toronto FC), Rickie Lambert (Southampton), Jay Rodriguez (Southampton), Wayne Rooney (Manchester United), Daniel Sturridge (Liverpool), Daniel Welbeck (Manchester United).

English people - what do you think? I think your defence is very lightweight. Chris Smalling is not good enough to go to a World Cup. I'd have thought Cahill/Lescott partership would be far better, especially as they play together at club level. Right back position looks quite weak, left back is fantastic with 2 world class players and Luke Shaw.

I'm glad to see Jordan Henderson and Raheem Sterling in the squad as both of them deserve it for their form this season :hehe:

On paper, it looks like a great squad. But the enormous weight of expectation that will be placed on their heads will cause them to all play miserably and inevitably fail.

English people - what do you think? I think your defence is very lightweight. Chris Smalling is not good enough to go to a World Cup. I'd have thought Cahill/Lescott partership would be far better, especially as they play together at club level.

Cahill plays for Chelsea, Lescott occasionally plays for Man City.

England squad:

Goalkeepers: Fraser Forster (Celtic), Ben Foster (West Bromwich Albion), Joe Hart (Manchester City), John Ruddy (Norwich City).

Defenders: Leighton Baines (Everton), Gary Cahill (Chelsea), Steven Caulker (Cardiff City), Ashley Cole (Chelsea), Glen Johnson (Liverpool), Luke Shaw (Southampton), Chris Smalling (Manchester United), Kyle Walker (Tottenham Hotspur).

Midfielders: Ross Barkley (Everton), Michael Carrick (Manchester United), Tom Cleverley (Manchester United), Steven Gerrard (Liverpool), Jordan Henderson (Liverpool), Adam Lallana (Southampton), Frank Lampard (Chelsea), James Milner (Manchester City), Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain (Arsenal), Raheem Sterling (Liverpool), Andros Townsend (Tottenham Hotspur), Jack Wilshere (Arsenal).

Forwards: Jermain Defoe (Toronto FC), Rickie Lambert (Southampton), Jay Rodriguez (Southampton), Wayne Rooney (Manchester United), Daniel Sturridge (Liverpool), Daniel Welbeck (Manchester United).

I've bolded the players not good enough (either form* or ability) for a call up . There's several in there I've not highlighted that don't deserve a call up but are based on reputation. We've got a really poor pool of players at the moment, Roy could end up with a Graham Taylor situation.

* Lambert sticks out for form. I like his old school style but he's not scored enough this season. At 32 he's not getting any younger or likely to improve.

I'm really surpsied you highlighted all the spurs players.... ZZZZzzzzzzzz Surprised Walker made the cut!

Only got in but heard on the radio on the way home Dnipro should've had a penalty and Soldado should've been sent off in the 1st half. Vertonggen not for the first has got someone sent off, sniper time. Ruined the game for Dnipro, crucial period when the game was 1-1. Let them win, they'll clearly never win the Europa and it'll be a distraction from the PL.

Only got in but heard on the radio on the way home Dnipro should've had a penalty and Soldado should've been sent off in the 1st half. Vertonggen not for the first has got someone sent off, sniper time. Ruined the game for Dnipro, crucial period when the game was 1-1. Let them win, they'll clearly never win the Europa and it'll be a distraction from the PL.

To be honest if we go three more points off fourth we're not getting it back - I actually wouldn't mind a good stab at the Europa this year, give Timmy a chance to win something before he inevitably gets the chop next season. No reason we can't win it.

Pretty sure most of that is standard Wii-talking-rubbish, but I've got to say the Vertonghen thing was really dodgy. Definite contact / headbutt but nowhere near enough for that reaction. Not happy with it.