NEurope
Ramar

Football Season 2013/2014

Great result for Norwich city but I'm really looking forward to the Liverpool/Swansea highlights. It sounded like an absolute cracker!

Tim Sherwood is the worst manager I've ever seen at the lane. And that includes Pleat, Santini, Gross...

The relief of beating Swansea has just been made all the sweeter by Spurs' defeat to Norwich. What an unexpected bonus.

Looking forward to MOTD. :)

Internationals News :D

Euro 2016 Qualification Groups were drawn today

Groups are

Group A: Netherlands, Kazakhstan, Iceland, Latvia, Turkey, Czech Republic

Group B: Bosnia-Herzegovina, Andorra, Cyprus, Wales, Israel, Belgium

Group C: Spain, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Belarus, Slovakia, Ukraine

Group D: Germany, Gibraltar, Georgia, Scotland, Poland, Republic of Ireland

Group E: England, San Marino, Lithuania, Estonia, Slovenia, Switzerland

Group F: Greece, Faroe Islands, Northern Ireland, Finland, Romania, Hungary

Group G: Russia, Liechtenstein, Moldova, Montenegro, Austria, Sweden

Group H: Italy, Malta, Azerbaijan, Bulgaria, Norway, Croatia

Group I: Portugal, Albania, Armenia, Serbia, Denmark, *France

* Hosts France will join Group I, where they will play friendlies against the other teams in the group.

Can't believe we (Rep of Ireland) got Germany again... my only hope is that we can manage at least 2 draws against them so we can see some direct comparitive improvement since the Trap era and the new O'Neil Era.... or at the very least so we can go call up Trap and go "See with the right players in the right frame of mind we can go toe to toe with the bigger nations" :heh:

Gibraltar "should" be easy enough but then again they are totally unknown since this is their first official tournament (they actually did get drawn in Spains group originally too but of course had to be moved for polictical reasons). Georgia will put up a fight but we should hopefully be able to get 6 points from them. Then it's just a matter of the Scots and the Poles. Germany will prolly be likely to win the group and it is definately between Ireland, Scotland and Poland for 2nd place (auto qualification) and 3rd place (play off).... bit upset we got the same group as Scotland cause I did want to see them do well and qualify but obviously not at our expense :wink:

With a bit of luck I'm hoping Group D goes 1: Germany, 2: Rep of Ireland, 3: Scotland (with Scotland being the best ranked 3rd place team so they auto qualify too :))

If you enjoy watching good defensive play then you'll wince watching our game later. Defensively we were shambolic, going forward we were outstanding as usual.

Still in the hunt, though. 4 behind 1st still.

Genuinely think Liverpool are within a shout. Ourselves, Man City and Chelsea have had more games so far, and more in various cup competitions. Scousers just have the league to concentrate on.

As usual England get a piss easy group.

Scotland's group is tough but not as hard as some people seem to be suggesting on Facebook.

I don't give Scotland much of a chance myself, can't see them getting many points outsie of the Gibralta and Georgia games, and Georgia away is a game they could easily struggle with, they might pick up a point or two vs Ireland but I wouldn't bank on it.

Glad to see England not drawn again Poland, sick to death of playing Poland.

Nice to see the Liverpool fans applaud Shelvey's goal, that was class. And that pass from Sterling for the first goal was Gerrard-esque.

I don't give Scotland much of a chance myself, can't see them getting many points outsie of the Gibralta and Georgia games, and Georgia away is a game they could easily struggle with, they might pick up a point or two vs Ireland but I wouldn't bank on it.

We're ranked 2nd out of all the teams in the group, take from that what you will.

I think we have a good chance against ROI at home, they still rely on Robbie Keane who is getting on these days. Poland is a tough match but apart from Lewandoski and Blaszczykowski there aren't any major threats. I'd expect all teams to pick up 6 points against Gibraltar. Georgia beat us 3-0 in the 2008 qualifying which was a shocking result for us, we should expect to get 6 from them this campaign.

I'm glad we have Germany away first, get the match out of the way rather than have them as the final game of the group like we went through a spell of doing.

I think we have a good chance against ROI at home

Tell ya what, how bout you give us 3 points in Dublin and we give ye 3 in Glasgow, then we both beat Poland twice and we let goal difference sort out who takes 2nd and 3rd? Deal :D

I'm glad we have Germany away first, get the match out of the way rather than have them as the final game of the group like we went through a spell of doing.

Oh didn't notice the matches were set too, just looked it up.

We got Georgia (away) and Gibraltar (home) in our first two games so fingers crossed that should be 6 points to start the group with...though the first game Georgia away could be a wobble as it the first game and players would prolly still be gettin over the summer break. Would have prefered a home game first

Then we got Germany (away), pretty glad to have them away first, rather get that out of teh way and if the first two games go well we could be going into it with a good mind set so never know... a draw would be nice :)

The home game vs Scotland is June 13th next year... depending how games before that go I might look to get tickets for it... could have a good buzz as it'll be like a derby game :)

Edited by Mokong

I really hope Gibraltar don't end becoming on a par with Luxembourg and San Marino...however I can't see it happening their star player is Danny Higginbotham who is retired from club football! Although they do have ex pompey boy liam walker in their numbers.

I really hope Gibraltar don't end becoming on a par with Luxembourg and San Marino...however I can't see it happening their star player is Danny Higginbotham who is retired from club football! Although they do have ex pompey boy liam walker in their numbers.

Danny Higginbotham used to play for us last season and then finished off his career at non-league side Altrincham.

They really haven't got a chance.

Danny Higginbotham used to play for us last season and then finished off his career at non-league side Altrincham.

They really haven't got a chance.

OI! Don't you knock Alty!

Up the Robbins!!!

Must be nice for a change that United can play a game that they have a realistic chance of winning for once. Easiest draw of the last 16 by a mile. Then back to reality of the PL. This is meant to be the elite of Europe? Fulham are a better team than Olympiakos. Though given some of their player quotes I wonder how planted in reality they are.

Must be nice for a change that United can play a game that they have a realistic chance of winning for once. Easiest draw of the last 16 by a mile. Then back to reality of the PL. This is meant to be the elite of Europe? Fulham are a better team than Olympiakos. Though given some of their player quotes I wonder how planted in reality they are.

......Man U currently 1-0 down.

I know it's great. All 5 away teams have won their first legs so far, United being the exception. They don't deserve anything either on tonights performance so far.

Edit: Make that 2-0.

Edited by Wii

Group I: Portugal, Albania, Armenia, Serbia, Denmark, *France

*grumble**grumble*

Can't believe we got Denmark again. We get them every single time!

I know it's great. All 5 away teams have won their first legs so far, United being the exception. They don't deserve anything either on tonights performance so far.

Edit: Make that 2-0.

To be fair to Olympiakos, they are undefeated in their league, 72 goals scored, 9 conceded. They are probably better than Fulham.

By far the worst thing with this United team is not the results, yeah they're bad, but the lack of any identity or concept. Moyes seriously is clueless and it's, as I've said before, Hodgson at Liverpool all over again.

Great performance from Olympiakos, thoroughly deserved. Could've finished 4-1 to them. I'd be interested in their wage bill. I'd guess Rooney earns more a week than the whole of the Olympiakos squad. Add Ferdinand and definitely then. Moyes will be under even more pressure now but I'd give him another 10 years. Can't wait to hear his interview. I'll never tire of this.

So many stats about United, all of them bad but one sticks out. Played 12 games in 2014 and lost 6. I've seen less porous sieves.

Oh Wii, you've cheered me up. I was feeling pretty miserable until I read your posts. You can always count on a sad act to brighten your day. ;)

We've played like this all season, but the performances have been getting worse and worse. That's regression, not progression! The passing and pressing is so terrible...seriously, what the fuck are the coaching staff doing? When you've got players like Carrick fucking up simple passes, you've got a problem. How awful was Ferdinand tonight, by the way?

It's inexcusable. A team doesn't suddenly become bad overnight. Moyes has gradually fucked things up and he's got us playing a bizarre style of football. We finished tonight with Welbeck on the wing, Rooney in midfield and Smalling at right back, with Ashley Young on the other wing. When did things ever get this bad?

The players aren't playing for their manager and they're not playing for themselves or their futures. Far too many people at the club think that their places are safe and are not playing with any balls. Shit football, shit formations, shit style of play. It's been like this ALL season.

Edit: Also, if we insist on going around teams and bombarding them with crosses, can we at least try and make the crosses somewhat decent and overload the box with players? It's a stupid tactic. All teams have done all season is block off our wingers/flanks and we haven't been able to create, as we can't go through the middle. No plan B either.

I just hope Moyes is still in charge when we go to Old Trafford. It could be a rout. :)

Shrek Rooney really earned his £300,000 this week. And with no match at the weekend either he must be laughing. Now he's free to eat his Mcdonalds, have a few smokes, down a few tins and spend some of his hard earned cash on riddled granny brazzers.