NEurope
Ramar

Football Season 2013/2014

That Liverpool/Arsenal game was insane, especially the first half. Liverpool were just brutal and went for the kill early on. They were ripping that midfield apart and you could see that Arsenal badly needed somebody there to shield the back four and stop them from getting through. Brutal football.

It says more about Brendan Rodgers/Liverpool than it does Arsene Wenger/Arsenal, imo. They play good football and they have absolute belief in what the manager wants them to do. What I like about them is that they will alter their formation and shape to counter the teams they're playing against. They'll play 4-4-2, 3-5-2, 3-4-3 or 4-5-1, they'll do whatever it takes to win the match and play good football.

I'm hopeful that Moyes will start to learn this and do something similar in his second season...but I'm not sure he's dynamic enough. Rodgers is something special. He IS Liverpool's manager and should be for the next decade.

Rodgers is something special. He IS Liverpool's manager and should be for the next decade.

He's doing an awesome job so far :hehe: My only worry is if we fail to make the top 4 this season and lose some of our quality players over the summer. It would make next season even more difficult and you never know what the owners would do if we had a poor spell :eek:

With Man United struggling and Tottenham performing below expectations, this year is an amazing chance for us to get back into the Champions League, something I've missed badly over the last few seasons. It's the sort of opportunity I'm terrified of throwing away, but we're playing more than well enough to be up there..

Where to start...

What a ridiculous game of football! Why we can't defend the basic stuff anymore is absolutely baffling. But to watch a team put in 80+ crosses over 90 minutes...we are so not playing to our strengths it is incredible. £37m on a world class central player and still the tactic is get the ball out wide as soon as possible to put crosses in. The team's style has to change and if Moyes can't change it, well...

Also I have backed De Gea a lot since he came to Utd that save in the lead to Fulham's equaliser was a bit flappy.

That was embarrassing. The tactics are dreadful.

Genuinely not sure if Moyes will be in the job tomorrow morning.

I wouldn't worry Man Utd fans

Even we needed a replay against Fulham :p

No new manager syndrome before Wednesday please.

The weekends results have the potential to either demoralise or energise both sides. Should be an interesting game, that both sides need to win.

I've finished my Garth Crooks impersonation, carry on.

I wouldn't worry Man Utd fans

Even we needed a replay against Fulham :p

Blade, please.

I don't think I could take another 90/120 minutes of CROSS THE BALL LEFT. CROSS THE BALL RIGHT. CROSS THE BALL ALL DAY. CROSS THE BALL ALL NIGHT.

I'm going to have nightmares tonight. The ball going around the goal. Over it, along the ball. From the left, from the right. Even diagonal crosses, occasionally.

I hope he is. I need a laugh. I'd love for United to miss Europe totally but at the same time I'd like to see them wasting their time dragging their knuckles in the Europa League. Could be more embarrassing. United's last 8 PL games, won 4, lost 3 and hmm what was todays result? Stellar!

I hope he is. I need a laugh. I'd love for United to miss Europe totally but at the same time I'd like to see them wasting their time dragging their knuckles in the Europa League. Could be more embarrassing. United's last 8 PL games, won 4, lost 3 and hmm what was todays result? Stellar!

No new manager syndrome before Wednesday please.

The weekends results have the potential to either demoralise or energise both sides. Should be an interesting game, that both sides need to win.

I've finished my Garth Crooks impersonation, carry on.

I'll be amazed if you don't win it on Wednesday. Not even trying to be kind. We can't compete in our current state. I have no idea how we beat you earlier in the season.

The only way we'll win it is if Park Ji Sung re-signs for us to claim his mandatory goals against Arsenal. Think he's due about 6 now.

I'll be amazed if you don't win it on Wednesday. Not even trying to be kind. We can't compete in our current state. I have no idea how we beat you earlier in the season.

The only way we'll win it is if Park Ji Sung re-signs for us to claim his mandatory goals against Arsenal. Think he's due about 6 now.

We were just too scared at Old Trafford, we play the same way every time we go there. Sink into our shells. Gnabry came on last 10 mins and was our most positive player, an 18 year old. Says enough.

Park always scored against us. Loved playing us the tosser. :P

Andre Villas Boas was sacked for less. If it wasn't for Old Purple Nose choosing him and remembering how fergies reign started, he'd have been kicked out the door a long time ago. I'd buy a second series of this comedy. I hear Sky are considering selling their United games to Comedy Central.

The post match interview he just gave was excruciating.

4th is certainly gone now, 9 points off and games against Arsenal, Liverpool and City in the next 6.

God that was funny... Decent day for footy. Decent weekend really!! Can't wait for the midweek games. Fulham win, Man U win, Spurs win! Lovely!!!

We were just too scared at Old Trafford, we play the same way every time we go there. Sink into our shells. Gnabry came on last 10 mins and was our most positive player, an 18 year old. Says enough.

Park always scored against us. Loved playing us the tosser. :P

If we don't start Januzaj AND Mata on Wednesday, I'm going to drop a bollock. Even then, I'm expecting Giroud and Cazorla to cause us trouble. Not sure about Ozil, he didn't look influential at all against Liverpool and part of me is hoping that we can keep him quiet.

We'll need to play dirty and aggressive to win. It'll have to be our grittiest performance of the year to get anything from that game.

Andre Villas Boas was sacked for less. If it wasn't for Old Purple Nose choosing him and remembering how fergies reign started, he'd have been kicked out the door a long time ago. I'd buy a second series of this comedy. I hear Sky are considering selling their United games to Comedy Central.

didnt-read-lol-gif-15.gif

The post match interview he just gave was excruciating.

4th is certainly gone now, 9 points off and games against Arsenal, Liverpool and City in the next 6.

Season is over. We don't have what it takes to finish in the Top 5 and I don't think we can do it in Europe either. The look from the players at full time said it all, it's over. In February. Actually no, the losses at home to Newcastle and Everton cost us.

There's no belief there. The tactics are crap. The players don't decide for themselves to cross the ball 80/90 times in a single match, that has to come from the manager. It was the same in the second half as the third, so Moyes obviously didn't tell them to stop. We almost got away with it. The reality is though that whilst we were 1-0 down at home to the team placed bottom of the league at half time, Liverpool were 4-0 up against Arsenal the day before, the league leaders. The style of play is all wrong.

Yes you did.

I read your first post about the sitcom, then about half of your second before giving up. So, no, I didn't read the third. You're honestly just a sad person who comes in here to gloat/post your anti-United views, rather than coming in here to support your own team. If you actually posted something worth reading instead of your garbage, maybe people would read it. :D

It's football banter. You know the rules. You bask in your teams success as much as you do in your rivals demise. United have been nuked from their pedestal. Now you've got a taste of what everyone else goes through. It's not serious, just friendly ribbing : peace:

It's football banter. You know the rules. You bask in your teams success as much as you do in your rivals demise. United have been nuked from their pedestal. Now you've got a taste of what everyone else goes through. It's not serious, just friendly ribbing : peace:

Except you're one of those miserable scrotes who hasn't said who they support, so you just sit there flinging shit in all directions looking like a big whopper (not to be mistaken for Burger King's Whopper).

I was only thinking last week that prolly the only thing that has kept him there till now is cause he was Fergusons pick..... but now I doubt even that will save him for much longer.

If he does make it to next season I'd imagine things possibly getting worse, can see a fair few players wanting to move on, Vidic's already said he wants to go in summer, wouldn't be surprised to see a few more follow. Moyes would need to spend big in the summer but could he really attract the right players now?

Or is he hoping to bring in a bunch of kids and have a "you don't win anything everything with kids" type season next year :heh:

On the plus side I'm hoping this dip in form will see the price of kits drop so I can get my son a kids kit in the summer :heh:

But to watch a team put in 80+ crosses over 90 minutes...we are so not playing to our strengths it is incredible. £37m on a world class central player and still the tactic is get the ball out wide as soon as possible to put crosses in.

I don't think I could take another 90/120 minutes of CROSS THE BALL LEFT. CROSS THE BALL RIGHT. CROSS THE BALL ALL DAY. CROSS THE BALL ALL NIGHT.

That's what surprised me most.

Found this on Twitter but it sums it up well:

ZrO1xHU.png

He's doing an awesome job so far :hehe: My only worry is if we fail to make the top 4 this season and lose some of our quality players over the summer. It would make next season even more difficult and you never know what the owners would do if we had a poor spell :eek:

With Man United struggling and Tottenham performing below expectations, this year is an amazing chance for us to get back into the Champions League, something I've missed badly over the last few seasons. It's the sort of opportunity I'm terrified of throwing away, but we're playing more than well enough to be up there..

Yeah, I'm more confident of top 4 than i have been for ages, but it's still not a certainty as long as we turn out poor away performances like that at West Brom, so I'm still quite nervous about it.

What I am doing is learning to enjoy individual results a lot more again, even if we cock up 4th place at least we've monstered some teams this season, and scored some cracking goals, and it's been a privilege to watch Suarez for us this season.

I think Coutinho has found his prefered position in the middle, will Lucas get back in the side? Coutinho makes thoughballs sexy.

On Moyes, this is exactly what Fergie warned about, sacking him now would go against everything he said about having patience, but Champions League must be important to Utd. For that reason I can see Moyes lasting the season especially if Utd push Spurs, Everton and Liverpool close for top 4, but if they miss out I think he will be replaced in the summer with a big name, I don't think they'll risk missing two season out of the CL.

On the plus side I'm hoping this dip in form will see the price of kits drop so I can get my son a kids kit in the summer :heh:

I dont know how much Man Utd shirts cost but even an adult one at Sheff Utd costs £40! That's a L1 team! Truly shocking!

Muggins here buys one every year! Ha!

Except you're one of those miserable scrotes who hasn't said who they support, so you just sit there flinging shit in all directions looking like a big whopper (not to be mistaken for Burger King's Whopper).

I'm not miserable and yes it's annoying isn't it? Barca were 1-0 down, then 2-1 up at halftime. Fat man Ray Winstone gave out live odds at halftime, Barca to win 4-1 at 8/1. Miserable b@st@rds. Sure enough it happened. The pitch was a lake. Oh sorry, you meant who do I support in the Premier League? It's....... what's that? The fire alarm is going off. I have to leave the building. Oh well.