NEurope
Ramar

Football Season 2013/2014

....tell me more...?

According to wikipedia it's even better than what I said.

"In the first international game, Scotland against England on 30 November 1872, England played with seven or eight forwards in a 1–1–8 or 1–2–7 formation, and Scotland with six, in a 2–2–6 formation."

Source

8 Forwards!

"In the first international game, Scotland against England on 30 November 1872, England played with seven or eight forwards in a 1–1–8 or 1–2–7 formation, and Scotland with six, in a 2–2–6 formation."

Source

8 Forwards!

That's all well and good, but everybody knows that 4-4-2 with Giggs and Jones in the middle revolutionised the game.

Who's looking forward to watching Mourinho's team play some "19th Century football" tonight?

Yeah we totally parked that bus tonight. Missed the game due to footy commitments and waiting for highlight only to have to watch 3rd place play Crystal Palace :/

I just don't like the stuff that Jose comes out with at times, especially when he's done the very same in the past. Props to Chelsea they were the better team tonight.

Source

8 Forwards!

Fun fact: that match took place outside my living room window. It's now a cricket ground and I have regular kick abouts a over there.

Don't get it at all. I rate him very highly, and i'm sure he will be back in a good job soon.

YES!!

Another Premier League scalp!!

Pleased for you. But I was looking forward to penalties. :(

$h!te! Was that game on TV? I would've watched it.

Yep was on ITV 4.

YES!!

Another Premier League scalp!!

We have to support Preston tonight Blade.

5th round - Wednesday beat Charlton, United beat Preston.

Wednesday vs United in the Quarters. BELIEVE!!!

We have to support Preston tonight Blade.

5th round - Wednesday beat Charlton, United beat Preston.

Wednesday vs United in the Quarters. BELIEVE!!!

Looks like we are against Forest then. The dirty scabs!

We will lose against Forest. Would have felt a lot more confident against Preston.

Thank you for 8 wonderful seasons Nemanja :bowdown:

Shitty time for the Captain to announce he's jumping ship.

My heart sank this morning when I heard the news. He's probably one of my favourite ever United players. I remember hugely doubting him when he first came, but he has been utterly superb for us since. Amazing player. Wish him all the best.

Shitty time for the Captain to announce he's jumping ship.

Not really. In fact, the timing probably couldn't be better. He's in and out of the squad due to his injuries. The injury he suffered not so long ago has meant that he has spent so long out. He hasn't really been properly available for us for a decent spell for quite some time. It's good that he moves on now as it allows us to try new centre-back pairings and gives the youngsters some more game time. If that fails, it means that we can really look hard in the transfer market in the summer and look at bringing in new players, which is something we need to do anyway.

Also, for the longer term, it's good for Moyes to bring in the players that he wants and who he thinks can play the style of football that he wants to play. My only regret here is that I wish that Vidic was moving on after Giggs and Ferdinand. To be honest, even before the season, the centreback situation worried me as both Vidic and Ferdinand were/are ageing and both suffering from a lot of injuries at their respective ages.

Also also, it's not good for the club to have a "captain" who hardly plays or who spends so much time out injured. That seems to be a problem that I don't think gets reported enough. We need a new captain to lead the team on that field. The captaincy seems to have been split between Vidic/Evra/Ferdinand and Giggs. We haven't had one clear cut captain for quite some time, in my opinion.

20 minutes gone. Liverpool 4 - 0 Arsenal

Can we say game over?

Edit: Trivia: That's the quickest 4-0 lead in Premier League history.

Edited by Wii

BYI8Jk4IQAAqlUE.jpg

Superb stuff so far, I hope Arsenal give it a go in the second half, our attack is made for the counter attack.

Won't gloat too much, wouldn't be surprised if Arsenal beat us again in the cup game.

This is just brilliant :D Arsenal ready for an absolute collapse? Man U next, bayern coming up the week after!!!

It's amazing to come away from the Everton game disappointed that we only won 4-0 and then, even more incredibly, to be gutted we gave away a needless penalty against Arsenal to ruin the clean sheet.. even at 5-0 up :eek:

The 2 points dropped against West Brom last weekend have become so much more significant now and I just hope we put Fulham to the sword in midweek to keep up the pressure :hehe:

Awesome stuff, Liverpool :bouncy:

Arsenal were just out-of-this-world poor today. Liverpool on the other hand were great.

We deserved to lose.