NEurope
Ramar

Football Season 2013/2014

Taking a tangent to International Footy for a moment, spotted UEFA announced the pot seeding for the draw to make the groups for Euro 2016 Qualifying.

Pot 1 Spain (holders), Germany, Netherlands, Italy, England, Portugal, Greece, Russia, Bosnia and Herzegovina

Pot 2 Ukraine, Croatia, Sweden, Denmark, Switzerland, Belgium, Czech Republic, Hungary, Republic of Ireland

Pot 3 Serbia, Turkey, Slovenia, Israel, Norway, Slovakia, Romania, Austria, Poland

Pot 4 Montenegro, Armenia, Scotland, Finland, Latvia, Wales, Bulgaria, Estonia, Belarus

Pot 5 Iceland, Northern Ireland, Albania, Lithuania, Moldova, Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Azerbaijan, Georgia, Cyprus

Pot 6 Luxembourg, Kazakhstan, Liechtenstein, Faroe Islands, Malta, Andorra, San Marino, Gibraltar

Firstly I'm wondering how UEFA works out their rankings for seeding teams cause how the hell are we (Rep of Ireland) in Pot 2?

We were in Pot 3 for when making qualifying groups for World Cup and we finished 4th, we've plummetted down the FIFA Rankings currently at 67th, so how did we move up a pot?

In fact just checked FIFA rankings and all teams in pot 3 with the exception of Poland are ranked above us and at least one team in pot 4 (Armenia) is too (didn't check the rest).

Are UEFA rankings that different from FIFA rankings?

Not that I'm complianing, just think it is damned odd, but of course knowing we at least can avoid the likes of the other 8 teams in pot 2 is a bonus.

Anyway, also it was announced that even though France are hosting Euro 2016 they will be placed in Group I (the group that will have 5 teams instead of 6) and their games in that group will count as friendlies with no points awarded for those games. That's a bit weird isn't it?

Also feels a little like giving France a slight advantage in terms of the FIFA rankings, since that means they'll be playing all European teams in their "friendlies" that would be worth more points in the rankings than if they were for example unable to get a European team for some dates on their own and had to get friendlies with an Asian or African side which would be worth fewer ranking points.

Also this will be Gibraltars first ever official tournament, and for political reasons can't be drawn in same group as Spain. Azerbaijan and Armenia must also be kept apart.

EDIT

Oh and also as Euro 2016 will be increased to 24 teams (up from 16) 1st AND 2nd place teams will qualify automatically along with the best 3rd place team. The remaining 8 3rd placers will go into play-offs.

Hopefully with the new management team we should be in much better shape for this tournament (and hopefully we get a good draw), would be nice to come 2nd place an auto qualify for once and not have to worry about playoffs haha

I only just realised Mata will be ineligible to play for Man U in the Champions League wen next round starts wont he?

While I'm sure he'll do well to improve their league position I'd hope Moyes is looking to buy a few more (preferably defenders and midfielders) that can help keep them in Europe for longer and maybe (loooong shot i know) slavage some silverware for the season :heh:

Its all about finishing top 4 now. We should get past Olympiakos (but who the hell knows this season) but after that I think we would get knocked out by any team we drew, if the other matches produce the winners that look most probable on paper.

Anyway FA Cup time, where we have cleverly given ourselves the weekend off :cool:

Fuuaaaaark. Can't believe the Mata deal actually went through. I was expecting something to go wrong, it seems too good to be true.

Been buzzing all day. :bouncy:

juan-mata-short-hairstyles3.jpg

:love: He is Juan sexy motherfucker. :love:

He is one handsome guy.

He's also an exceptional footballer. ;)

He sure is...sorry, I lost myself for a minute there. :love::heart::geek:

Been giddy about this all day. Fuuuck. I know there was talk about this potentially happening in the summer, but I'd never have expected this to happen.

Attacking wise, I think we're there. We now need to sort out everything behind the front four of Rooney, RVP, Mata and Januzaj. With the exception of De Gea, everybody else could and should be fighting for their places. I hear rumours of Toni Kroos, but that one will DEFINITELY not happen. Personally, I think he's just making Bayern sweat it out and hoping that they offer him a bit more money. :p

The ultimate signing would be a Gundogan style of player. Somebody who will rule that midfield and make it difficult for teams to pass their way through it. Vidal at Juventus is another name I see popping up. We'd easily have to spend another 30million on these players (as they are high quality players), which I can't see the club doing right now. Maybe in the summer.

But, definitely a much needed boost. :D

Edited by Fierce_LiNk

Definitely have to wait until summer for Gundogan, he's injured and has been for some time.

Didn't see the Oviedo leg break, by all accounts it was pretty horrific?

Regarding the Mata deal. United got lucky there. Didn't have to lift a finger unlike the Summer running around like headless chickens. If Chelsea said no, this wouldn't have happened but Moaninho is a twat and likes sticking his finger in everyones eye. So many reasons they sold him and they all suit Chelsea, e.g. United are $h!t, cash for Salah and others, screws the PL competitors, etc.

Tough match for The Arsenal but to win trophies you've got to beat the best teams.

3pmyudj.png

Arsenal's next 5 games:

ES40c4m.png

That home draw means my Munich ticket is no longer included in my season ticket. 70 odd quid extra next time I renew. :(

That home draw means my Munich ticket is no longer included in my season ticket. 70 odd quid extra next time I renew. :(

It's terrible that it works that way. As the Munich match was arranged first /tickets have been sold out already, they should include that in your cup credits rather than the pool game. Although they'll probably be charging £50 plus for this fixture anyway (you're in the upper tier right?)

It's terrible that it works that way. As the Munich match was arranged first /tickets have been sold out already, they should include that in your cup credits rather than the pool game. Although they'll probably be charging £50 plus for this fixture anyway (you're in the upper tier right?)

Yeah, think my ST is considered Goal Upper Back or Wing Back. It's the cheapest of the upper tier, but will still put an extra hole in the pocket. Especially if the club go through with the 3% increase next year.

£300,000 a week for Payne Looney? I wouldn't pay him £3 a week to lick stamps. Seriously, wtf? He's nearly 30, is clearly a mercenary, held the club to ransom numerous times, has the brains of a grape and how do United reward him? Here Shrek, have the captains armband according to reports. Desperate or what? He doesn't deserve it. I shouldn't complain as I hate United and it would be funny but this skid mark of a human being pisses me off so much.

Who is Payne Looney? Is he the guy Man U are getting in to replace Wayne Rooney?

Who is Payne Looney? Is he the guy Man U are getting in to replace Wayne Rooney?

No he's replacing Bill Bones.

That hideous grin from wenger makes my skin crawl. I'm not just saying it as a spurs fan, it's just disgusting!! However good he is, I detest the man.

I don't mind Wenger. He's alright, one of the good guys. He's admirable in his approach and philosophy on football. The same cannot be said for many others within the game. I wouldn't begrudge Arsenal winning the PL. It would be a proper middle finger to the other 3 moneybag clubs

That hideous grin from wenger makes my skin crawl. I'm not just saying it as a spurs fan, it's just disgusting!! However good he is, I detest the man.

Proper bitter. Love it.

Why's it bitter? I just don't like him, but that grin in particularly is so fucking smarmy, makes me sick. Hate Alan Pardew too. Am I bitter there?

Why's it bitter? I just don't like him, but that grin in particularly is so fucking smarmy, makes me sick. Hate Alan Pardew too. Am I bitter there?

Arsene's won more top flight league titles in 18 years than your lot have won in 132. That smile would make me sick too.

Arsene's won more top flight league titles in 18 years than your lot have won in 132. That smile would make me sick too.

Nope, definitely because he's a smarmy, smug, odious cunt!

Nope, definitely because he's a smarmy, smug, odious cunt!

As a third party with little knowledge of football; I saw a press conference with him this weekend and he seemed like a down-to-Earth, firm but easy going guy with a sense of humour. #Lad

he seemed like a down-to-Earth, firm but easy going guy with a sense of humour. #Lad

Go to 0:47s mark.

As a third party with little knowledge of football; I saw a press conference with him this weekend and he seemed like a down-to-Earth, firm but easy going guy with a sense of humour. #Lad

Don't be fooled by the devil :) You CAN see that picture on the other page? AND he's a paedophile!!