NEurope
Ramar

Football Season 2013/2014

He didn't dive though, that's why I called you out. He went down incredibly easily and knew what he was doing. He's the best at that.

It WAS a dive, he went over knowing he'd get stroked, he could've stayed on his feet, thus a dive.

How awful is man u's squad. That team today against Chelsea... oh boy it's dire. I'm beginning to think motes is doing an okay job being 8th with that squad... I may eat my words, but I think Chelsea will batter them today!

It WAS a dive, he went over knowing he'd get stroked, he could've stayed on his feet, thus a dive.

How awful is man u's squad. That team today against Chelsea... oh boy it's dire. I'm beginning to think motes is doing an okay job being 8th with that squad... I may eat my words, but I think Chelsea will batter them today!

Well it's 1-0 to Chelsea already and had a couple of other chances. A draw would be the better result but I'd love to see United get a pasting. I hate both teams, like ye don't know.

Well it's 1-0 to Chelsea already and had a couple of other chances. A draw would be the better result but I'd love to see United get a pasting. I hate both teams, like ye don't know.

I can't believe that there are United fans out there claiming that that was a decent performance and we were somehow unlucky to lose that game that badly. Aside from the first 15 minutes, we were awful. What shocks me most is that we brought in David Moyes for stability and his ability to sort out the defence/make the team hard to beat. Defensively, we are absolutely dire. Not just in terms of the back four or five, but there's hardly any pressure from the front.

Chelsea walked through most of that game. Jones' movement for the first goal needs to be seen to be believed. Complete crap. Valencia was culpable for the second and third goals (he basically turned Eto'o around for the third and allowed him to face the goal...seriously, it's extraordinary).

What pisses me off the most is that we started off with Januzaj in the number 10 and Young out wide. Why not start off with how we finished the last game (where, coincidentally, we looked great) and put Kagawa in the number 10 and Januzaj out wide. We finished the game with Smalling (a centre back) playing right back, Rafael (a right back) playing left back, Jones (a centre-back) playing central midfield and Welbeck (a striker) playing in the number 10.

In truth, we were losing the game before we even kicked a ball with those tactics. What about the idea of playing Fletcher (who has looked the business since coming back), Carrick and Jones in midfield with Welbeck through the middle and Januzaj playing wide, with one of Kagawa, Young or Valencia on the other side. You could have had an interchangeable front three and we could have caused them problems whilst also looking more stable in midfield.

We're lucky we didn't lose that 5 or 6-0.

Liverpool title contenders and spurs in crisis are now on level points, isn't it weird what perspective and media hype does....

Even fooled the bookmakers. Title odds:

Liverpool 17/1

Spurs 110/1

Stop going on about Spurs in crisis...noone has said that for weeks since Sherwood took over and started winning again. We're all too busy laughing at United's crisis.

Stop going on about Spurs in crisis...noone has said that for weeks since Sherwood took over and started winning again. We're all too busy laughing at United's crisis.

YEAH, DAZZY.

:'(

Funny enough, we could have done with Fellaini today. Somebody to boss/bully Chelsea off the ball in midfield.

Moyes has got to go. It's not about giving him time, it's about the fact that he has done nothing in the game to justify getting such a big job and the fortunes of Man Utd and Everton this season have only emphasized his shortcomings.

As Liverpool found out 1 season out of the Champions League can take years to get over. Massive loss of income plus the very top tier players won't go to the club. Ferguson has made some horrid signings in is time but Moyes is by far the worst.

Moyes has got to go. It's not about giving him time, it's about the fact that he has done nothing in the game to justify getting such a big job and the fortunes of Man Utd and Everton this season have only emphasized his shortcomings.

As Liverpool found out 1 season out of the Champions League can take years to get over. Massive loss of income plus the very top tier players won't go to the club. Ferguson has made some horrid signings in is time but Moyes is by far the worst.

I think he definitely has to stay. You can't give a manager a poor squad and expect him to get results instantly. Man Utd won the league last year because of SAF, they didn't improve during the summer and are getting found out now because of it.

Give him the Summer to make some proper signings and next season they'll be pushing for the title again.

What is up with the BBC sportsday live text recently? It seems to be signing off at weird times (often really early) and one or two days it just hasn't been on at all?

Are they trying to save money or something?

What is up with the BBC sportsday live text recently? It seems to be signing off at weird times (often really early) and one or two days it just hasn't been on at all?

Are they trying to save money or something?

I know it's a pain in the arse. Quite often finishes at 2pm or not even on.

Juan Mata is never worth the 35-40 million being talked about as offer from Man Utd I also don't think he will single handedly save their season so why not wait till summer instead of spending silly money now?

Juan Mata is never worth the 35-40 million being talked about as offer from Man Utd I also don't think he will single handedly save their season so why not wait till summer instead of spending silly money now?

I'm guessing Mata is looking for first team football, the old World Cup year excuse being rolled out.

Not sure if serious. Mata is world class and was Chelsea's best player for the last two seasons. The only downside for me is that we didn't make more of an effort to go for him in the previous summer window.

I'm expecting it all to go tits up and he'll remain at Chelsea. But, if not, fuuuck. Would certainly give the entire team a lift.

That was absolutely brilliant. Some of the worst penalty taking I've ever seen. And I support Spurs and England!!!

I absolutely love how absolutely atrocious Man U. They're hilarious!! Gutted they're singing Mata who i think is one of the best players in the league in the position , better than anyone Arsenal, Cheslea or Liverpool have. I don't think he's enough, but he'll still improve them. But Moyes is the great leveller...

The FA should include a clip from tonight's penalty shoot-out to aid youths through their development.

"How not to take spot kicks."

:laughing: Manchester United :laughing: This is too funny, I'll come back when I stop laughing. :laughing:

Fuuuuuck, those penalties were diabolical. Fucking terrible. So this now makes us crap at...

• Passing
  • Shooting
  • Defending
  • Tracking back
  • Wing plays/Crossing
  • Pressing

We can add penalties to that list now.

Mata can't come soon enough. In truth, we need two central midfielders. One of those has to be defensively minded, with the other more box-to-box/creative. Basically, it's easier for us to build a time machine and to nab Robson/Keane and Scholes. :p

Well done, Sunderland. Definitely the better team over two legs.

Just embarrassing. I don't know what's worse, me going mental at Hernandez's goal to keep us in a League Cup semi at home to Sunderland or United scoring 1 (one) penalty out of five. Feel for DDG thought he was gonna cry as it was going to pens but it is his first clanger of the season I suppose.

As for Mata he is genuinely world class but it would be the third number 10 in our squad although he would definitely improve us. Guillem Balague says its a done deal and I hope he is right.

Mata is world class and was Chelsea's best player for the last two seasons.

Couldn't agree more. Will be a huge addition to Man Utd's squad if the deal happens.

The thing that worries me most about the Mata deal (if it goes through) is that Moyes will play him out of position. He is already reluctant to play Kagawa there when it is his best position and when Rooney and RVP are both fit is he going to play a number 10 just behind them as well?

If it does go through and we play Januzaj on the left, Valencia on the right, Carrick in a sitting midfield and then Mata behind Rooney and RVP then I really think we'd be a hell of a lot stronger. But then of course someone like Fletcher would be missing and he's been playing well considering he was out for so long and should only get better with more games...