NEurope
Ramar

Football Season 2013/2014

I hope we start kicking on... one tough game for us tonight mind. I've a few friends who are Arsenal fans, I'd not look forward to the grief they'll give me if they win, haha.

I'm nervous, but think we can get a win. Will be interesting to see how defensively Mourinho sets up his team. Would be nice to be top of the table at Christmas :)

I think it'll be a 2-2 draw. Mourinho won't want to lose the game away. Arsenal will go for it, but I think Chelsea will defend well enough to get something.

As a Toffee fan, I'm hoping for an Arsenal win to keep the pool off top and Chelsea behind. C'mon Arteta! :D

(I also have Ozil and Ramsey in my fantasy football team)

Edited by edza

If it gets as blustery as the weather people are saying expect mistakes tonight.

We need to win, but Wenger's never beat Mourinho...

If it gets as blustery as the weather people are saying expect mistakes tonight.

We need to win, but Wenger's never beat Mourinho...

There hasn't been a better time for Wenger to play Mourinho. Chelsea haven't played that well this season. They've got results, but they aren't as strong as people were expecting them to be.

I'm still going for a draw, but it wouldn't be all that surprising if Arsenal picked up a 2-1 win or something.

There's no more words I can think of to describe Suarez. He's unplayable.

You can see the change in his body language as well. The way he's slapping hands with opposition players and giving people a thumbs up after 50/50 tackles. He really seems to be trying to improve his temprement.

This match could be anything, but I'm really really really hoping Chelsea smash them to pieces!

This match could be anything, but I'm really really really hoping Chelsea smash them to pieces!

I can't see that happening, tbh. Looking at Chelsea's results, they are so inconsistent. They're not really smashing teams. Surprising when you consider the attacking players that they have.

Also, Mourinho: The name is far bigger than the actual man now. He's already talking about what he'll do with life after Chelsea. In an era where managers don't know for certain that they'll be at the club next season, it's a bit rich for him to talk about life years from now.

Typical bore draw against Mourinho's Chelsea. Not saying we were great ourselves though. No subs!?!?!??! And Mike Dean was useless as usual.

So Liverpool are top at xmas (on goal difference). How far ahead would we have been if we'd just bid a few million more for Suarez in the summer?????

Reminds me of our game against Chelsea earlier in the season. Chelsea are hard to play against because they somehow manage to turn a game of football into the most boring "spectacle" imaginable. So boring.

Wasted my evening watching that shite. :p

How did Mikel not get sent off for that? I only saw the highlights but I don't think he even got booked? Clear penalty for me as well seconds later.

How did Mikel not get sent off for that? I only saw the highlights but I don't think he even got booked? Clear penalty for me as well seconds later.

Mike Dean is the worst ref in the league. I don't think there's a conspiracy but have a look at this.

BbnsK8zIIAAt9vI.jpg

Thought tonight Mourinho got what he was after, that's how we should have played at Old Trafford and the City of Manchester Stadium. However Wenger bottled it second half, not bringing on a sub to change it up was criminal. Afraid to lose after what happened at home against Dortmund.

Still had you said in August, Arsenal will be second on goal difference come Christmas I'd have bit your hand off. All to play for still.

6th at christmas above Spurs and Man U.

5 away wins.

A win at Old Trafford.

Massive improvement in individual performances from players.

Managerial adjustments that keep paying off.

Holding off Suarez and Sturridge for nearly an entire second half with 10 men and even going ahead at one point.

No money wasted on shite players in the transfer window.

3rd season in a row we've got a win against Chelsea.

Fucking excellent this season! Also great to see Liverpool and Arsenal top of the league at Christmas. :)

West Ham 1-3 Arsenal. Good performance, 3 points on the board, Walcott with another brace, Poldi back with a bang and Arsenal top of the league (at this moment in time).

Hope Ramsey isn't out for long.

Liverpool were the better team, the first goal was clearly onside, a replay wasn't even needed. Terrible decision. It was a mistake on Mignolet's part on Negredo's goal but even then they had two great chances through Henderson and especially Sterling to put them level. Also Lescott almost ripped the shirt off of Suarez's back near the end of the match. Clear penalty.

Bottom line: Liverpool should've won that game.

Edited by -Dem0-

Cracking football yesterday. I watched our game and was horrified when we went 2-0 down. Having to take Rafael on for his injury and bringing on Januzaj changed the game, though. They couldn't handle him.

Defending was so poor though for the two goals. Valencia is also a bit of a prick for getting himself sent out at the end. It'll probably mean we go with Januzaj and Young as wingers for the next game. Would love to see Zaha start, but he might come on as a sub later on. I'm getting a bit more confident looking at our next few games: Norwich away, Spurs at home and then Swansea at home before the big match at Chelsea away. Think we can take maximum points for the next three.

Vincent Tan, what a whopper! Haha

He's just a first class nob. I can also still understand why Cardiff fans are upset by the rebranding. I'd be chucking me shoes at the statues!

The thought of someone changing our colours to blue and white makes me physically sick!

*shudder*

Edited by Blade

We played well yesterday, deserved a draw at least. That offside call was pathetic, was a mile onside.

Sakho is a monster. Yeah he had that dodgy spell, but he's such a dominant defender, and he's only 23. Top player.

Yeah I thought we were well worth the draw. Not many teams will go to City and give them a game like we did, it was quite encouraging even though we lost. Unfortunately I can see the Chelsea game going a similar way but I think at least now we can compete with any team in the league in a basic footballing sense, it's just our mentality and nerve that seems to let us down.

The offside was a bad call but it happens. If we really want to be a top team again we can't rely on favourable offside and penalty decisions, poor finishing and goalkeeping were just as to blame for the defeat, I'm not even that certain Sterling would have beat Hart one vs one (Hart stopped before he stuck it away), you'd hope so, but then again you'd also hope he'd score that other great chance he had.

I hope nobody uses that game to say Suarez goes missing in the big games, just because he didn't score, he did everything but score, creating for other people, and would have scored had Hendo not got in the way.

I think Suarez is the best player in the league but it seems like other teams have more reliable support players. Henderson, Sterling and Coutinho are all promising players and are showing glimpses of what they're capable off, but they're young and just don't have the consistancy and confidence yet to match Suarez's.

Edited by pratty

Suárez is the best player in the league by a mile. It's a myth that he goes missing in the big games. He's scored against them all. United, City, Arsenal, Chelsea etc.

No doubting he's on fire and the leagues best (on current form) but he's having a bit of an Adebayor season when you look at this.

Nineteen goals, sixteen against teams in the bottom 7, only three against teams in the top 13.

No doubting he's on fire and the leagues best (on current form) but he's having a bit of an Adebayor season when you look at this.

Nineteen goals, sixteen against teams in the bottom 7, only three against teams in the top 13.

We can't play ourselves so that leaves the other top 12, the Chelsea game hasn't happened yet, that leaves 11, he was suspended for Stoke, Villa, Swansea, Southampton and Man utd, all in the top 13, so that leaves 6 possible top 13 games he could scored in, and he scored 3. Not that bad really.

And goals aren't everything to judge a player by. Like I said Suarez did everything but score against City. The only reason people couldn't just as easily say Negredo went "missing in the big game" against us was because Mignolet chucked the ball in for him.

Wow. Moyes...is learning. Defensively, we're looking a bit better and he's making better substitutions. Bringing on Welbeck at half time for Giggs was a good move, and then Januzaj for Kagawa. Attacking subs. Much better.

Three away wins in a row now. We're still not there yet, but we're getting better.

Well done and unlucky to Norwich. They played better than us today. We got lucky with the goal.

Edited by Fierce_LiNk