NEurope
Ramar

Football Season 2013/2014

Classic liverpool and Spurs over optimism in this thread at the beginning of the season. Let's see how it pans out... I predict neither in Top 4

Why are we being over optimistic in thinking we can get top 4? I said myself it's unlikely we will, but you're an idiot if you dismiss us totally.

If we can get Sturridge, Coutinho and Suárez firing together then you lot are in trouble. :p

Classic liverpool and Spurs over optimism in this thread at the beginning of the season. Let's see how it pans out... I predict neither in Top 4

Liverpool_boom-bust.jpg

A great article on how Arsenal signed Ozil. The main reason being Arsene's phone calls with the player himself.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/arsenal/10284922/Mesut-Ozils-42m-move-to-Arsenal-sealed-with-one-phone-call-from-manager-Arsene-Wenger.html

Got to question what phone plan Wenger's been on all these years if that's what it takes to get these sort of deals done.

Quality gif, that.

I've had a bit of time to think things through and relax after all of this transfer shite that we've put ourselves through this summer. We should have got Fellaini much sooner, but alas, at least he's here.

He's a bully, but we kinda need that in the middle of the park. We need somebody strong in there who will intimidate the opposition and get right under their skin. Big and strong. So, I'm sure he'll do a good job. I'm more concerned with how we've conducted business.

If we play 4-3-3 with Fellaini as the defensive, Carrick as the passer and Kagawa as the attacker, with Rooney, Van Persie and maybe even somebody like Zaha/Nani ahead of them, I would be pleased. We do have creative players. Kagawa, Zaha and the likes of Nani are creative. They need to get played.

If we play 4-3-3 with Fellaini as the defensive, Carrick as the passer and Kagawa as the attacker, with Rooney, Van Persie and maybe even somebody like Zaha/Nani ahead of them, I would be pleased. We do have creative players. Kagawa, Zaha and the likes of Nani are creative. They need to get played.

Sounds awesome, but you know as well as I do that won't happen :(

Kagawa is the Hero Manchester United have but don't deserve. Dortmund really appreciate him and want him back. It worries me.

EDIT------------------------------------------------------------------

On my way to town for the Bristol derby. COME ON YOU REDS!!!!

It's on Skysports tonight chaps if anyone fancies watching an awful game of football ;)

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited by Murr
Automerged Doublepost

Just checked the team Arsenal have submitted for the Champions League. Surprise addition to the squad, 16 year old Zelalem, he's edged out the likes of Eisfeld for that spot, obviously he's been on the bench all season so far so it might not be a surprise.

Who cares about that German Arsenal signing....

THERE'S ONLY 1 TEAM IN BRISTOL!!!!!! FUCK OFF IRENE FUCK OFF IRENE!!

Great game, shame about the cunts that invaded the pitch

Well the aftermath of the first competitive Bristol Derby in 6 years is pretty mad.

Pitch invasion would be one of many events during the night, When Rovers equalized there was trouble as Rovers fans charged to one side of the away end to get close and gloat to the home crowd, this in turn got proceedings off well. :hmm:

Full time whistle goes and City fans invade the pitch running straight to the away end and throwing coins and bottles of piss at them, whilst doing this also took corner flags up to throw and damaged many advertising boards which are going to need to be repaired... wouldn't be surprised if our next home game the tickets price increase to make up for this.

Anyways... so pitch invasion... leads to police horse on the pitch. Thankfully no repeats of Preston where a steward was trampled by a horse, but our smart fans are now punching the horses... you'd have to see it to believe it.

I'm all for gloating, we've just beat the Gas at home, to amend for a defeat we suffered 6 years ago. But we didn't actually win the cup, this was the first round. Pitch invasion was completely unjustified.

At this point I've left the ground, sirens are ringing around the stadium, so my friend and I are just off... we walk off and want nothing to do with this.

The Rovers fans are released from the stadium 15 minutes later, however the geniuses on security hadn't accounted for the 1000's of City fans waiting in the car park for their release. Rover's fans literally coming out the stadium fighting expecting it. Completely nuts.

ruined a very good result for Bristol City...

City fan... but not proud of our fan base... disgusting.

Pic here is the crowd enticing the Rovers fan's for a fight, and the Police horse charging in.... Unbelievable scenes...

3vh4.jpg

Should also add there was a fight in one City pub before the game as Rover's fans deliberately went there. 12 arrests been made so far (at time of last checking the news)

Edited by Murr

Bristol appears to be stuck in the 80's.

It was acceptable in the 80s

It was acceptable at the time

WOOT International Football tonight.

Rep of Ireland vs Sweden

Crunch match, must win...yet I get the feeling we're gonna get another draw. Prolly be the usual winning 1-0 from an early 1st half goal. And conceed at the very end of the game due to sitting back on a 1 goal lead and not trying to better it. That or Ibrahimovic will destroy us :heh:

That's what the head says but the heart says

COME ON YOU BOYS IN GREEN WE CAN WIN THIS!!!!

And Sweden win 2-1

Our world cup hopes are pretty much dead.... mathmatically it prolly still possible in teh remaining 3 games, but when you think we'd need 3 wins out of 3 and one of our games is vs Germany and we'd need Sweden to mess up....yeah no play-offs for us.

Time to start planning for Euro2016 now and hopefully the FAI have a few good potentials for a new manager in mind already.

I mean when you're 2-1 down in a MUST WIN game and you see players passing the ball back to the keeper and looking for hopeful long balls ... I felt saddened watching it. Their was little fighting spirit that teams of Irish past have shown. :(

Playing against one of the best team and most inform team in the world last night was never going to be easy. Lost 2-0 which isn't a bad result. Disappointed we didn't have more efforts on goal.

Still, I'm pleased with how Strachan set out the side, positive looking line up. As he said, they're picking players from top Premiwr League clubs while we're picking players from The Championship. It was always going to be hard.

I think we might struggle to get into the Euros even when it expands to 24 teams. You're going to need to come 3rd in a group to do it. We haven't done that this campaign...

Just checking results from otehr matches last night and noticed that the world most expensive footballer didn't even get off the bench in the Wales game?

Just checking results from otehr matches last night and noticed that the world most expensive footballer didn't even get off the bench in the Wales game?

Still recovering from injury and I imagine Coleman was under pressure from Real not to play him.

Playing against one of the best team and most inform team in the world last night was never going to be easy. Lost 2-0 which isn't a bad result. Disappointed we didn't have more efforts on goal.

Still, I'm pleased with how Strachan set out the side, positive looking line up. As he said, they're picking players from top Premiwr League clubs while we're picking players from The Championship. It was always going to be hard.

I think we might struggle to get into the Euros even when it expands to 24 teams. You're going to need to come 3rd in a group to do it. We haven't done that this campaign...

I'd have to agree with this. Belgium are a class side but I don't think they threatened to much. Class goal for the one and Hanley making a mistake for the 2nd one.

The only change i'd like to have seen was Rhodes on from the start. He showed far more in his little cameo than Griffiths did. You've also got to wonder why Rhodes, whose playing at a higher level, coming off a 29 goal season last year isn't being kept on the bench by a guy playing a division lower. I could understand it if Rhodes wasn't performing but he certainly is.

I really liked Charlie Mulgrew last night, never put a foot wrong and his range of passing is phenomenal. He has to be a regular starter for me in every game, he's so versatile too, can play almost any position.

I watched both the England and Belgium games last night. In fairness to Belgium, they were missing Hazard who is shit hot at the moment, as well as Kompany and Vermaelen. Lukaku was benched, too. If all four were playing, I dread to think what the scoreline would have been, the finishing wasn't that great yesterday.

Kevin De Bruyne is class. It's a shame he's at Chelsea as he really should be starting for a club every single week. If he was at a club like Everton or Liverpool, he would be playing every game and this country would be raving over him. Definitely my man of the match yesterday. I quite liked what I saw of Witsel, too.

Scotland did ok, there's not a lot more they could have done given the opposition and the calibre of players that were available to them. Not a bad performance, not a great performance, but somewhere in the middle. Also agree with @Jon that Rhodes should have started.

As for England, I'm happy to see both Lambert and Welbeck get themselves on the scoresheet. I thought the Lambert-starting-games-thing would be a token gesture, just there to please the fans, but he actually looks really comfortable in it and looks, dare I say it, proud to wear the shirt. Exactly what the country needs. I'm more than happy to see him in the line-up now. Same for Welbeck, I can't really fault either. Granted, there will be much harder games than this, if we progress.