NEurope
Ramar

Football Season 2013/2014

Liverpool really need to up their game. 1-0s are great when we are winning by the end but that isnt going to last for long and we will fall back into the same routine.

Ramsey with another MOTM performance. He's been my favourite Arsenal player this year, hope he continues his great form while staying injury free.

Cazorla played very well too, more so in the 2nd half.

I thought Villa would be playing better - for sure, they've had a hard set of fixtures so far and, to be fair, they've done better than the paper predictions would say, points-wise. A lot of teams are still seeming to find their footing -- Palace in particular seem to have over-reached in their attempt to upgrade to the premier level; a team of amalgamated players that don't know how to play together yet. Arsenal actually proved that they do have quality up-front in podolski, walcott and giroud playing well. Of course their defense wasn't tested thoroughly and I can see why fans are upset. Nothing shinging bright just yet... But the sides that will spend their season mid-table and relegation-battling didn't show anything scary.

Essentially, no surprises just yet, but not many teams showing too much of a solid state.

Liverpool really need to up their game. 1-0s are great when we are winning by the end but that isnt going to last for long and we will fall back into the same routine.

What is with the pessimism? 6 points from 2 games with 2 clean sheets and you're still moaning? Unbelievable.

First half we were utterly dominant. Kept the ball so well and pressed them incredibly well, 2nd half we lost all control in midfield and Lucas and Gerrards performance levels dropped.

Kolo Toure was fantastic again, he's becoming a hero already.

Not getting carried away at all. Arsenal's performance yesterday was fantastic in every way. Cazorla was unplayable, Ramsey ran the show and Giroud said fuck you to all the haters. We defended well and countered attack like the old days. Podolski showed why he's got the goal record he does, literally did nothing but score 2. Sagna showed he was capable of playing every position on the pitch. Chezzers made some good saves and commanded the box well. Walcott is now putting in performances every game and showing what a key player he is. Rosicky is so underrated, he's older now but wasn't long ago he was the best midfielder in Europe. Even after so many injuries, he's still very nippy...complimented Santi and Rambo very well.

Time to kick on now, build on the back of 2 great performances, invest some good money into the squad and get ready for the scum on Sunday.

What is with the pessimism? 6 points from 2 games with 2 clean sheets and you're still moaning? Unbelievable..

It's a great start, one that we definitely needed, but in recent seasons we've dominated plenty of games only to concede later in the game and undo all the great work beforehand. The games against Stoke and Aston Villa have highlighted that we're still not killing games off, resulting in a huge amount of stress when watching or listening to the games :eek:

The fact that we didn't concede in either game is encouraging but I hope we can develop that killer instinct throughout the season so that we're not continuously leaving ourselves open to a sucker punch!

These are games that we normally end up drawing. Were going away with wins this time round. Were not gonna win dick but it's more encouraging than previous seasons.

Exactly. These are the types of games that we would have dropped points in, but we didn't. That's improvement and It's really encouraging. If we beat United, we will gain some real momentum and there will real hope and optimism I hope.

Liverpool fans are the most bi-polar of them all, ranging from over-optimistic to just...grumpy. Many these days swing towards the latter.

I'm not even joking. How any Liverpool fan can moan about getting full points from two games with two good performances and with probably the best Liverpool line-up in some time is beyond me.

Liverpool fans are the most bi-polar of them all, ranging from over-optimistic to just...grumpy. Many these days swing towards the latter.

I'm not even joking.

There seems to be alot more fans in general that are impossible to please. It's all about progress, and continuing to improve for a team like Liverpool. We have a young average age with a young manager, and we have some really exciting players. I can't be anything other than optimistic right now. We are probably most peoples pick for 6th, and i can't blame them, but it would be foolish for the other teams to totally dismiss us, because we could surprise a few this season and really challenge for the top 4.

There seems to be alot more fans in general that are impossible to please.

That's the important bit right there.

Leeds fans are the absolute worst of this type. It'll be a good season and you have bought well. Arsenal missed a massive trick not going for Mignolet when they need a keeper.

Leeds fans are the absolute worst of this type. It'll be a good season and you have bought well. Arsenal missed a massive trick not going for Mignolet when they need a keeper.

He's looked nervous with the ball at his feet and with his handling, but his shot stopping has been sensational in the first 2 games. Impressed so far, but there's definitely room for improvement.

Nah, if we're getting a keeper it has to be an established big name. Mignolet has a lot of potential but so does Chesney. I don't rate Mignolet any higher than Ches.

Nah, if we're getting a keeper it has to be an established big name. Mignolet has a lot of potential but so does Chesney. I don't rate Mignolet any higher than Ches.

Julio Cesar? He's an obvious one.

Julio Cesar? He's an obvious one.

Yes, someone with a bit of experience, who has won at the top level. Right after Seaman we had mad Jens and it worked well because he was so experienced.....and because he was Mad Jens. On older guy would complement the two young guys we've currently got and help them develop.

I think Cardiff City v Manchester City is game of the weekend regardless what happens at Old Trafford tomorrow. A memorable 3-2 victory for the newly promoted side. Manchester who?

So I decided to watch the Spurs game. Now I've seen the result (and timings!) of Cardiff v Man City, didn't I pick badly?!

So basically Cardiff could beat Newcastle 7-0. That's how it works right?

Great result for them. Also a great result for Spurs today, another 1-0 penalty win.

As for the big game tomorrow, I predict Man U to win 3-2. This feels weird but as a neutral I'd quite like to see Man U do well this year because they somehow feel like underdogs. It's quite bizarre. If Chelsea win tomorrow I fear for how much the media will be sucking up to Mourinho...

Edited by ipaul

That's my evening sorted nicely then. Work out, eat tortilla and watch the bastards get beaten by Cardiff. :D

Spurs with another lucky 1-0 penalty win..

*stirs shit before NLD*

What the fucuuuk? No Match of the Day tonight? It's on tomorrow.

FUCK MY EVENING.