NEurope
Ramar

Football Season 2013/2014

Great start for Arsenal and my fantasy team there. I have Koscielny and Cazorla, -2 and 0 points respectively. Oh how I missed this :heh:

At least the Mackems lost!

You think you had it bad, I had Szczesny, Koscielny and Walcott!

What a shit start to the season. Ref was awful, but that's no excuse. Our squad is way way way too thin.

We're fucked squadwise.

The ref was a disgrace booked Kos and awarded a penalty when he made a great tackle, then sent him off for something I felt wasn't even a foul. Villa counter attack very well but we were in control until that happened. If the ref had performed properly, we're probably not losing that game.

On another day we might have scraped a win and nobody would have said anything about Wenger. That would only be papering over the cracks. What was the atmosphere like @Ramar? Don't think I've ever seen such a toxic atmosphere at the Emirates.

Bad times. Massive game in midweek too.

Edited by Jon

On a more positive note, my season ticket arrived today! Been 9 years since I last had one. Not really optimistic for the season - think 9th is the absolute limit, realistically we'll probably finish around 14th - but still excited nonetheless.

Quite pleased the first game is Man City away. Quite frankly I'll be content if we simply 'show promise' and don't lose by more than two goals. 3-1 to City would be fine. If we somehow get a draw I'll be ecstatic!

A win would probably just be confusing.

Put in a solid performance and got the 3 points. Mignolet was a hero at the end, after a few shaky moments, i shouted louder for that save than i did for the goal.

Toure and Lucas had great games, as did Sturridge and Aspas. Henderson was impressive yet again, he keeps getting better and is clearly improving all the time, he's still only 23 aswell.

Coutinho is an absolute magician, he does some outrageous passes and sees things other players do not.

Also, this gif...

9528422361_f65a20c269_o.gif

What a boss. :D

N'zonzi should have been sent off for that as well.

aar

We're fucked squadwise.

The ref was a disgrace booked Kos and awarded a penalty when he made a great tackle, then sent him off for something I felt wasn't even a foul.

For me the icing on that shit cake was when Vlaar didn't get the second yellow he should have got for a challenge just as bad as Kosc's second. Where was the consistency?

That was a tough game to start off at, but a good performance to get the win. Best thing about today is Welbeck grabbing two goals. :D Let's hope he keeps that up.

Performance of the day has to go to Ross Barkley at Everton. Exactly what England needs.

We're fucked squadwise.

The ref was a disgrace booked Kos and awarded a penalty when he made a great tackle, then sent him off for something I felt wasn't even a foul. Villa counter attack very well but we were in control until that happened. If the ref had performed properly, we're probably not losing that game.

On another day we might have scraped a win and nobody would have said anything about Wenger. That would only be papering over the cracks. What was the atmosphere like @Ramar? Don't think I've ever seen such a toxic atmosphere at the Emirates.

Bad times. Massive game in midweek too.

At the beginning the feeling amongst everyone was basically we all know we need signings but we need to get behind the team. Once that third went in, shit hit the fan. "Spend some fucking money" was very loud, dunno about MoTD but on Arsenal's highlights they'd tampered with the volume. Chants of "sack the board" and "Ivan Gazidis, what the fuck do you do" were also sung. Very little from where I was directly aimed at Arsene.

Although I didn't see anything there has been mentions of Arsenal fans fighting each other. It's a real mess and if we fuck up Fenerbahce and don't sign well. the NLD has nightmare scenario written all over it. The result will be overshadowed by the outrage.

These sum it up very well.

Edited by Ramar

Arsenal fans: Mind blown that your club haven't gone after Julio Cesar. He should be playing for a massive club.

Loooool, I thought Arsenal's transfer tactics/business this summer was bad, but we are challenging them every step of the way.

£28million bid for Fellaini AND Baines. Rejected, of course.

How clever. Wait for Fellaini's buy out clause expiry date to pass, and then under-bid for him. *slow cap*

We need a graph for this. It's gone from optimistic, to promising, to uhhhh, to meh, to horrific. Terrible summer business.

£28m bid for Baines and Fellaini. The cheek of it...

So at £28m, that's £12m for Baines and £16m for Fellaini, just £1m more than we paid Standard Liège for him 5 years ago! xD I can't wait until Moyes is found out at Man U. Insulting!

Apparently we''ve made a bid for Yohan Cabaye and here I thought Wenger said we didn't need another creative attacking midfielder, which we don't so much as we need some defensive reinforcements after Saturdays disaster with injuries and suspensions. Why not Tiote?

Stand by for everyone currently registered as a professional footballer to be linked with Arsenal. The trolley dash is on.

Stand by for everyone currently registered as a professional footballer to be linked with Arsenal. The trolley dash is on.

Michu for £25m apparently. He had a fantastic season last season but does that make him worth £25m?.... Not so sure.

Michu for £25m apparently. He had a fantastic season last season but does that make him worth £25m?.... Not so sure.

They'll be held to ransom now. Every club knows they have money and are desperate. Not a great combination when trying to buy.

£28m bid for Baines and Fellaini. The cheek of it...

So at £28m, that's £12m for Baines and £16m for Fellaini, just £1m more than we paid Standard Liège for him 5 years ago! xD I can't wait until Moyes is found out at Man U. Insulting!

I don't think Moyes is to blame on this one. Probably like most transfer occurrences, this one is probably down to the chairman. It's a stupid bid anyway.

We don't need Baines. We already have Buttner, Evra and Fabio at the club. If we're going to go for Fellaini, it needs to be him alone and it needs to be a sensible bid. 28million alone would have secured him, imo.

Saying that, I think Cabaye would be a better fit at United.

The last thing we need is another central/attacking midfielder. We've got the best midfield in the league, it's all our other positions that need strengthening. GK, CB, DMF & CF.

Why not Tiote?

Because we're after people who can play football.

Because we're after people who can play football.

Spot on. He had one half decent season for us and he's been godawful since. Liability and makes the first XI on manufactured reputation alone.

Can't see Cabaye fitting in at Arsenal personally, agree with Flink that he would better fit in at United. For the right money I wouldn't be bothered to see him go, only I know the money will never be reinvested. Right money being about £16m+. He's been a bit overrated I feel, though perhaps he just doesn't shine when he's being managed by Pardew...

As for the match tonight, smart money would have been on 4-0 City. Ben Arfa and Krul at least looked good, but our defence was dreadful. The worst thing was just how bad Debuchy was. Utterly dreadful, if he is a France international then they must be the worst out of the traditionally competitive European teams. Taylor getting sent off could be a blessing in disguised. He's a headless chicken as it is and better he get sent off and banned in a match we're already nailed on to lose, rather than fuck up a scenario where we might actually get points. For Pardew this quite a fall from grace after his manager of the season award in 2012. He is a man who's timing is running out, watching him on the touchline tonight he seemed all too aware of it.

It's only one game but there really is nothing encouraging to go on this season. We better make a couple of signings before the window closes!

By the way guyz it is my birthday right now. BLOODY FOOTBALL EH.

Spot on. He had one half decent season for us and he's been godawful since. Liability and makes the first XI on manufactured reputation alone.

Can't see Cabaye fitting in at Arsenal personally, agree with Flink that he would better fit in at United. For the right money I wouldn't be bothered to see him go, only I know the money will never be reinvested. Right money being about £16m+. He's been a bit overrated I feel, though perhaps he just doesn't shine when he's being managed by Pardew...

As for the match tonight, smart money would have been on 4-0 City. Ben Arfa and Krul at least looked good, but our defence was dreadful. The worst thing was just how bad Debuchy was. Utterly dreadful, if he is a France international then they must be the worst out of the traditionally competitive European teams. Taylor getting sent off could be a blessing in disguised. He's a headless chicken as it is and better he get sent off and banned in a match we're already nailed on to lose, rather than fuck up a scenario where we might actually get points. For Pardew this quite a fall from grace after his manager of the season award in 2012. He is a man who's timing is running out, watching him on the touchline tonight he seemed all too aware of it.

It's only one game but there really is nothing encouraging to go on this season. We better make a couple of signings before the window closes!

By the way guyz it is my birthday right now. BLOODY FOOTBALL EH.

I find it difficult to blame Alan Pardew. He's the right sort of manager for the club we are at the moment - mid-to-bottom-table. Because, let's face it, we're never going to get a really fantastic manager any time soon. Nor do the management of the club deserve it: Mike Ashley really does seem to have a ridiculous idea of how to make the team competitive. While I appreciate him getting rid of most of our debts, the quality of football last season was an embarassment. There was investment, but there has not been consistent investment: more like buy a few players, then see what happens. Tinkering, almost.

Well even more reason to hate Bristol Rovers. At their match against Newport County their scummy fans were heard chanting "I'd rather be a Paki, than a taff"

Fucking vile.

Never heard any racist chants at Bristol City matches, I know racism is practically everywhere, and I'm sure City have a few racists, but not a full on crowd chant.

Disgusting Gas Heads.

I don't understand what arsenal are playing at, but obviously in loving it. Meanwhile spurs sign another player and break our transfer record for the third time. And lamela could be a goer. Get a left back, centre back and maybe another striker and we can win the league :) With it without bale.