NEurope
Ramar

Football Season 2013/2014

In other news...

The football season starts today!!!! First match tonight down at Beautiful Downtown Bramall Lane :grin:

EXCITED!!

This is the year when we finally get out of the pub league and en route to the Premier League, via the Championship obviously.

We are on Sky Sports tonight as well.

Its wear what you want day today at work. Ive got no clients to see so im wearing me United shirt :grin::grin::grin:

We've triggered the release clause for Diego Costa from Atletico.

Apparently he's a nutcase, just what we need. :D

I read that last night, I've heard his name before but on the BBC article it said he scored 10 goals last season...£21m for a 10 goal striker? Don't know if he was injured or anything mind you.

Opening game for Oxford against Portsmouth tomorrow, welcome to league two Pompey!

Firs thing - BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

In all seriousness though. Two things; do you not want the best players playing in our league? Isn't that more exciting? And also do you not want to increase competition or do you just want the same teams over and over again buying the best players and winning everything?!?!

I thought people would like Bale to say at Spurs to see him play every week in England, to see Spurs continue to challenge the richer and more successful clubs for variety and drama, and also to see clubs telling these absolute cunts who think they can say whatever they want in the media and get whoever the want by acting like twats, to FUCK OFF!!!

Granted fella it is a bit sad when Falcao & Cavani both went to France as for a few years the big name signings all came to the Premier League I love that the league is much more open these days (who would have thought 4 years ago that Liverpool would be a Europa League team) and yes it would be a loss to the Prem for him to leave, but he has to be in the Champions League and that is why it was so important for Spurs to get 4th last season. The whole Bale/Suarez/Rooney fiasco is becoming irksome, surely the time has come that all contracts should contain a buy out clause, to stop all this nonsense. Look how quickly the Falcao and Cavani deals got done. Football as a whole needs a real shake up and player salaries and contracts are a big part of it.

In other news...

The football season starts today!!!! First match tonight down at Beautiful Downtown Bramall Lane :grin:

EXCITED!!

This is the year when we finally get out of the pub league and en route to the Premier League, via the Championship obviously.

We are on Sky Sports tonight as well.

Its wear what you want day today at work. Ive got no clients to see so im wearing me United shirt :grin::grin::grin:

Bristol City vs Bradford Saturday, very much looking forward to that game.

Time for the long haul to begin!:)

I read that last night, I've heard his name before but on the BBC article it said he scored 10 goals last season...£21m for a 10 goal striker? Don't know if he was injured or anything mind you.

Played as a wide forward like Riera, Kuyt, Bellamy etc as Falcao was down the middle.

20 goals and 15 assists in all competitions last season in 46 matches is not a bad return at all.

But he definitely seems to be a bit of a wind up merchant and is also considered the most hated player in La Liga apparently. So the English press will have a field day :grin:

Bristol City vs Bradford Saturday, very much looking forward to that game.

Time for the long haul to begin!:)

Its dark and depressing in League 1.

Theres some shocking grounds let me tell thee!

EDIT:

WE WON!!

WE ARE TOP OF LEAGUE!!

Brucey Bonus is that we didnt embarrass ourselves on Sky!!

Edited by Blade
Automerged Doublepost

(who would have thought 4 years ago that Liverpool would be a Europa League team)

Liverpool are so bad now they'r enot even good enough for the Europa :grin:

The Monaco v Spurs friendly is on ITV4 5:30pm. No Bale, but Soldado could play against the likes of Falcao & Moutinho.

I wish some club would come in with a decent offer for Suárez so we can get rid of the selfish clown. He has the cheek to threaten legal action? He did that when he was at Groningen and wanted to go to Ajax.

He's gone about this in the most terrible way. Torres was a twat because he left it so late in the January transfer window and he went to fucking Chelsea, this guys no better in how he's gone about it.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu Millwall. Cost me £85 on my accy.

Went to watch an Arsenal XI at Luton, they got pumped 7-0. Good times.

Wasn't quite the start to the season I'd hoped for Bristol City, but never mind. We can't seem to see results through to the end. Pretty frustrating.

In transfer muppetry land... Rooney is submitting a written transfer request this week apparently, and we're still wet for Cesc.

4 weeks to go Mr Moyes, surprise me please!

No Emirates cup this year again.

Another trophy less season beckons.

How ironic that Newcastle's first signing since being sponsored by Wonga is a loan.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu Millwall. Cost me £85 on my accy.

Went to watch an Arsenal XI at Luton, they got pumped 7-0. Good times.

They cost me just under 200. Only team that lost on my accumulator and I heard they should have put away 3 or 4. Would have been a dream start to the betting season....I mean footy season.

Well here's his Guardian interview.

Luis Suárez: Let me leave, Liverpool – just like you promised

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/aug/06/luis-suarez-liverpool-arsenal-transfer

Reminds me of RVP...

Luis Suarez tells Liverpool he won't play in any more pre-season games

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-transfers-arsenal-target-suarez-2132028

Genuinely feel for Liverpool fans when it comes to your top player wanting out, however it's their football club doing all the public talking and dragging it through the dirt. They leaked the extra pound bid, their owner spouted off on twitter. Not really covered themselves in much glory here.

I'm sure Liverpool are ready to let him go, but why should they for 40 million. Everyone knows he's worth more than that, they are just holding out for the best price.

He really isn't worth more than that. Maybe in this inflated market where Bale is worth £100m, but we all know Bale isn't really worth that much.

Chelsea have been bidding £25m/30m for Rooney. I'd say Suarez is worth around the same. Suarez may be a slightly better player than him right now, but then there's the bitey racist stuff which brings his value down.

Bristol City got their first League Cup win since 2009. Think its an omen, we'll do a Bradford this year.

He really isn't worth more than that. Maybe in this inflated market where Bale is worth £100m, but we all know Bale isn't really worth that much.

Chelsea have been bidding £25m/30m for Rooney. I'd say Suarez is worth around the same. Suarez may be a slightly better player than him right now, but then there's the bitey racist stuff which brings his value down.

I have to lol at these prices for Rooney. If an out-of-form Torres was apparently worth 50 million at that time, how can Rooney be worth just half that? He's still only 27...Anything less than 35 is a scandal. Even then, I'd be reluctant to let him leave. He can play in more positions than Torres and is generally the better player.

As for Suarez: Only now Liverpool fans understand the kind of prick that he is. He is everything that is wrong with the game. He cheats, he is unsportsmanlike, generally a bad person and now he is forcing a move out of a club in an unsavoury way.

I have to lol at these prices for Rooney. If an out-of-form Torres was apparently worth 50 million at that time, how can Rooney be worth just half that? He's still only 27...Anything less than 35 is a scandal. Even then, I'd be reluctant to let him leave. He can play in more positions than Torres and is generally the better player.

As for Suarez: Only now Liverpool fans understand the kind of prick that he is. He is everything that is wrong with the game. He cheats, he is unsportsmanlike, generally a bad person and now he is forcing a move out of a club in an unsavoury way.

Torres was never worth £50 million and just because Chesea paid it does not mean every player on the planet is now worth £50 million. Rooney's value is less because he wants to leave and his contract is running down. If Utd force him to stay this season then he is only 6 months away from signing for another club on a free. This summer has really pissed me off, all contracts should have release clauses in the future to stop all this nonsense

Torres was never worth £50 million and just because Chesea paid it does not mean every player on the planet is now worth £50 million. Rooney's value is less because he wants to leave and his contract is running down. If Utd force him to stay this season then he is only 6 months away from signing for another club on a free. This summer has really pissed me off, all contracts should have release clauses in the future to stop all this nonsense

Yeah, you're right, the Torres/Andy Carroll transfers have distorted things. It's a pain in the arse, tbh. Contracts just mean so little.