NEurope
Ramar

Football Season 2013/2014

Fixtures have been announced. New Thread.

Opening Weekend.

Premier League

Arsenal v Aston Villa

Chelsea v Hull

Crystal Palace v Tottenham

Liverpool v Stoke

Man City v Newcastle

Norwich v Everton

Sunderland v Fulham

Swansea v Man Utd

West Brom v Southampton

West Ham v Cardiff

Championship

Barnsley v Wigan

Birmingham v Watford

Bournemouth v Charlton

Burnley v Bolton

Derby v Blackburn

Doncaster v Blackpool

Leeds United v Brighton

Middlesbrough v Leicester

Millwall v Yeovil

Nottm Forest v Huddersfield

QPR v Sheff Wed

Reading v Ipswich

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22945537

I was going to start one, but thought it would be too early...

Anyway, i've double checked, and every team plays every other team. Twice. So in that respect it's going to be a good season, and very similar to last.

Bristol City have Bradford first game of the season. Looking forward to that as I have alot of family in Bradford that'll come down.

United have a tough first few games, Moyes getting a good start to life in Manchester.

Ridiculous rumours that Mata is up for sale. Our player of the year in two consecutive years and he's being put up for sale? GET RID OF MOURINHO! :p

Bristol City just confirmed they'll be hosting Rangers on Saturday July 13th for a friendly. Tickets are £16 each. Nice! Shall be ordering my ticket soon.

If people missed the Italy v Japan game last night, you missed out on 1 of the most entertaining games in a long, long time. Fair play to Japan, amazing stuff from them but lost 4-3 even though they thoroughly deserved to win and were the better team.

Poor Tahiti. Spain looked like they couldn't be arsed and they still smashed them.

Got to say though it was very respectful of both teams at full time. Tahiti giving Spain a half guard of honor then the Spanish leaving the field and letting Tahiti get the applause of the crowd.

Bit harsh people saying that they didn't deserve to be there. They won their respected continents tournament so they had every right to be there.

Tahiti goal keeper was a character. Celebrating Torres penalty miss like he had saved it.

Entertaining game and as Pat Nevin said on BBC, you were watching the game with a smile on your face, not due to the devastation that Spain caused, but because it was Tahiti's big day out and they were enjoying it despite the loss.

I actually felt it was hard to watch, Tahiti didn't even seem to care. Granted yeah they are far outclassed by Spain but they didn't even look like they wanted to try.

Their manager even said before the game it doesn't matter if they lose 20-1, they will celebrate the one. Such horrid thinking of a manager. Again yeah they were playing the best in the world but still have some frakking balls and go out there and try don't just roll over and accept it.

But again I do disagree with people saying Tahiti shouldn't be there. They earned the right to be there, just cause they are not of the same level as the other conferderation champions does not mean they should be ignored. The tournamnet is the Confederations Cup they are the Oceanic Federation Champs, they earned their spot.

... though that said I do wonder how it was New Zealand managed to mess up and not win the OFC Cup?

Also in other news I see reports this morning that due to the riots in Brazil they are thinking of suspending the rest of the tournament and FIFA would claim conpensation from Brazil if that happened

http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/international/2013/0621/457985-report-confederations-cup-could-be-abandoned/

If it does happen, makes me worried for what could happen next summer at the World Cup... the Olympics people prolly wouldn't be very happy either if Brazil couldn't complete a reletively small tournament

Yeah @Mokong X\-C slightly worries news about the tournament being cancelled. I say let it carry on...It shows a sign of defiance against mob mentality and says it this doesn't, otherwise what's to stop them doing it on a larger scale during the world cup and Olympics. Having said that I do agree it is kind of crazy that a country with rife poverty is pouring all this money into two sets of huge sporting events.

If people missed the Italy v Japan game last night, you missed out on 1 of the most entertaining games in a long, long time. Fair play to Japan, amazing stuff from them but lost 4-3 even though they thoroughly deserved to win and were the better team.

One of the best games ever! If it was in an actual World Cup it would be talked about for years to come. Was never a handball for the Italian Penalty, that header that hit the bar for Japan, the equaliser ruled out for offside. Japan showing up Italy fitness wise they were first to everything. Wow just loved it, certainly made me excited for the World Cup, more so that the Spain game that's for sure.

OH only just realised the Asian Qualification for Brazil 2014 is pretty much over now.

Iran, South Korea, Japan and Australia all qualified for next years World Cup.

Uzbekistan and Jordan will play each other in a play-off for a spot in an intercontinental play-off with a team from South America

I think so they are the first confirmed teams for World Cup 2014 other than Brazil of course

OH only just realised the Asian Qualification for Brazil 2014 is pretty much over now.

Iran, South Korea, Japan and Australia all qualified for next years World Cup.

Uzbekistan and Jordan will play each other in a play-off for a spot in an intercontinental play-off with a team from South America

I think so they are the first confirmed teams for World Cup 2014 other than Brazil of course

Yah they are the first confirmed. Japan were the first. I can't see beating any of the South American teams, likely one from Uruguay, Venezuela or possibly Peru. I think technically anyone can qualify but its like from those 3.

I actually felt it was hard to watch, Tahiti didn't even seem to care. Granted yeah they are far outclassed by Spain but they didn't even look like they wanted to try.

I'd disagree and say you're being too critical of Tahiti. The country has a population of less than 200k, around 7-9 members of the squad are unemployed while the manager convinced their football association to give them a 3 month professional contract to prepare for the tournament. Looking at their performance, they did the best of their ability, even managing to retain the ball on the counter for more than a few passes (I hope England were watching) as well as maintained a high backline to at least try and be on the offensive. Any other small nation like Andorra or San Marino would have just had their entire team camped just outside their penalty box. The reaction of the goalkeeper when he conceded or slipped up showed he really did care. Same with him pointing to the sky and lifting towards the crowd when Torres missed his pen.

I wish England played with that much heart & passion.

Their manager even said before the game it doesn't matter if they lose 20-1, they will celebrate the one. Such horrid thinking of a manager. Again yeah they were playing the best in the world but still have some frakking balls and go out there and try don't just roll over and accept it.

Not_sure_if_serious.jpg

Not sure if you were watching the right game, broooo. Tahiti played their hearts out. They kept Spain at bay after the first goal and were well organised. In the end, Spain upped the gears and started piling the pressure, which says more about them considering that these were "second team" players who were vying for first place spots.

They went out and did the very best that they could and still got beat by a cricket score. The manager isn't thinking horribly, he's being very realistic and positive considering the opposition they are up against. Scoring one goal against that Spanish team ,when you take into account who the Tahitians fielded, would have been a monumental moment for that team.

Huge sponsorship contract with Adidas for Chelsea. £300m over 10 years, absolutely ridiculous!

Hopefully we'll use that money wisely! Like we always do ;)

Huge sponsorship contract with Adidas for Chelsea. £300m over 10 years, absolutely ridiculous!

Hopefully we'll use that money wisely! Like we always do ;)

I reckon Chelsea should sign Darren Bent for £60 million. He is the future of Chelsea and England.

Also, put in a £30million quid bid to send Joe Cole back to Chelsea.

There were rumours about Chelsea wanting to buy Matic back from Benfica for £38m after we sold him for £4m just a couple of years ago I think.

What an absolute joke.

There were rumours about Chelsea wanting to buy Matic back from Benfica for £38m after we sold him for £4m just a couple of years ago I think.

What an absolute joke.

Yeah, I saw that one. That's a hefty price inflation. Can't really see Chelsea going for him, but you never really know.

What's happening with Kevin de Bruyne? Is he on loan again or is he being sold on? I heard stories about him leaving Chelsea which would be a really daft decision on their part. He is quality. I would welcome him with open arms at United.

I think he'll be out for a loan for one more season and then coming back to Chelski forever more.

Gus Poyet has been sacked as Brighton manager. What is extraordinary about this is that he is on BBC3 right now as a pundit for the Nigeria/Spain match. Apparently he was told during the match and they're speaking about it now.

Pretty poor timing on Brighton's part.

Gus Poyet has been sacked as Brighton manager. What is extraordinary about this is that he is on BBC3 right now as a pundit for the Nigeria/Spain match. Apparently he was told during the match and they're speaking about it now.

Pretty poor timing on Brighton's part.

It's piss poor on Brighton to be perfectly honest. The BBC informed Gus he's been sacked, first he heard of it was on-air as you said. This is good grounds for an appeal, this can be used as ammunition as it were.

The footage is up if anyone missed it.

Edited by Jimbob

I would like to know what he did so wrong, though it is unlikely to all come to light.

I thought he did a great job as Brighton manager personally.

Surely there's some sort of law against informing the public before informing the person? Gotta be some compensation in that, I reckon.

From league 1 to Championship play offs in three years is pretty good in my books. I wouldn't mind him back at Leeds.

I wonder if he knows more than he lets on. Either way, it doesn't reflect well on the club. It looked like he was doing a good job there, so I'm still surprised at how this has all played out.

Yeah, I must wonder if he did actually know. I don't have any reason to doubt Poyet, but I find it hard to believe that a club would be so stupid.

I suppose stranger things have happened.

It's piss poor on Brighton to be perfectly honest. The BBC informed Gus he's been sacked, first he heard of it was on-air as you said. This is good grounds for an appeal, this can be used as ammunition as it were.

The footage is up if anyone missed it.

Appeal to what end? His professional relationship with them is dead....I'm sure he is already being compensated.... its ok he will end up at Newcastle...

Sent from my Novo7Aurora using Tapatalk 2