NEurope
bob

Amazon Logistics

Wowzer it was delivered at 8:15. Although the delivery bloke was already walking away when I got to the door, he waited a massive 10 seconds.

Sounds like a reasonable wait time.

Royal Mail are the only delivery company I trust. If I'm not in they ALWAYS leave a card and the collection office is about 10 mins away and never had any issues picking up from them.

Yodel, CityLink and DHL however can go do one. Delivery companies always deliver during the week when everyone is at work. Okay that can't be helped but can it? Seems pointless. Utterly pointless. Why deliver your parcels when you know the majority of people wont be in. Massive gap in the market for evening deliveries, I would pay an extra couple of quid to get my order "after hours".

I've also took time off work to wait in for expensive important orders and like most the 7pm deadline comes and goes and nothing has turned up. The hassle I have gone through to get hold of some parcels I could fill a book full of moans.

I dread it when I order something online and it's not Royal Mail who are delivering. Really dread it cos I know I'm in for a week of hell trying to get the parcel.

Edited by Platty

The worst is when you're ordering something abroad. By far the worst experience I've had with a parcel:

A store had a US and UK division. A bug in their system meant that all pre-orders were classed as US orders. So, the item was sent from America by mistake. After a few weeks, I chase the item. They said they'll check with the courier. After another week, I get told that it had reached an exchange in Germany so it could be handed to TNT, who will be delivering it soon. They said that customs charges were possible (but they would refund them).

So TNT deliver. And the driver had lost the customs details, so he takes it back with him. He informs me what price it would be, and that they accept cash, card or cheque. I had no time that evening to go somewhere where I could get the appropriate change, so I got a cheque and card ready just in case.

The next day. They deliver. Despite what the previous driver said (and their website) the driver said he would only accept cash. He said he would return tomorrow.

8:30PM that day, I get an email alert. The status of the package had been changed to "return to sender". I check the website again. Ignoring the fact that both deliveries were their fault, their site says that they will make three attempts before returning. So I try to contact TNT...their customer service line closes at 8PM. So I track the parcel and manage to find a direct phone number to the depot. The person on the phone there could see the parcel, but apparently lacked the permission to do anything about it (at this point, the company I bought it from had given me a decent voucher for their site).

By the time customer service opened up, the parcel was already on a flight to Germany. I let the company I purchased from know the new tracking number (so they can see it going back to them) and they dispatched a new one (this time from the UK). A couple of days later, the UK one arrived.

Then the very next day, DHL drop a package off for me. They didn't ask for customs money and I had no idea what it was...turns out it was the original item. The store told me to keep it.

The two worst carriers i've had are Royal Mail (or Fail) and City Link. City Link have "lost" my parcels, or delivered them to the wrong address. Worse still, they marked it as "delivered" when the chap was sitting in his van outside my house, then he drove off. Same with Royal Fail, resulting in me chasing after them after they refused to deliver my packages. Putting them on the wall, putting a note in my door then picking them up and walking off. I was in, saw the van approach and saw what they did.

I've had no issues with Amazon Prime, a damn good service indeed. I just have issues with the providers above. Parcel Force, even though are from the Fail are fine. Same for TNT and Yodell (ok, Yodell always arrives in a private van/jeep with some dude called "Steve" all the time.

Don't keep us in suspense Cubemon, what did you order?!

An N7 jacket.

I just want to say that I absolutely adore Yodel.

I've had deliveries from them....I think about four or five times now.

Once on a Saturday morning.

Twice after 5:30pm, weekdays...WHEN I'M FUCKING IN! YOU HAVE NO IDEA THE ABSOLUTE JOY THAT overcomes you after a hard day at work, and you get a delivery when you're fucking HOME!

And the people who have delivered have been SO nice. Literally such cool people, great face to face (ableit brief) customer service.

I get the impression that it's a mixed bag with Yodel, just depends on your local depot and the people who run it.

I just want to say that I absolutely adore Yodel.

I've had deliveries from them....I think about four or five times now.

Once on a Saturday morning.

Twice after 5:30pm, weekdays...WHEN I'M FUCKING IN! YOU HAVE NO IDEA THE ABSOLUTE JOY THAT overcomes you after a hard day at work, and you get a delivery when you're fucking HOME!

And the people who have delivered have been SO nice. Literally such cool people, great face to face (ableit brief) customer service.

All you're saying here is that you are lucky enough to live near the end of the Yodel guy's delivery route.

I asked my delivery driver if he could deliver nearer the end of the day (since it said on one of the slips that they delivered between 7.30am and 9pm), and he said that he probably would only be passing my house at 12-ish and there was nothing he could do.

They just seem really inflexible and unhelpful. Having said that, when i did get one of my packages from them (on Saturday at around 12-ish) the guy seemed really nice and friendly. I would just prefer Royal Mail or someone who has a Plan B if you aren't in.

I was gonna create a new thread but this popped up when checking the title, so why not make use

So i can set up my TV/Ps4 in another room, i bought a netgear powerline system from Amazon, and decided i'll have a go at the free trial of Prime - and so it was posted out for delivery today

I've got home and theres nothing arrived.....so i checked my emails; My parcel has been delivered to my neighbour "Scott" at 108

I live at 112 in a block of apartments, below me is 114, to my right is 116 and 118

to the other side is 110 a big house, next to that is another street and the corner house is number 1, the next house on my road in that direction is number 46 (i assume long long ago some hosues made way for a new estate that backs onto this road)....There is no 108

My immediate neighbours aren't called Scott, neither is there another street with my street name in Leeds, although its a long road going out to Wetherby....I checked at the corner house that you could possibly assume is number 108 and they've not got anything

Fucking amazon logistics idiots, where has he delivered it? was he even in the right area/town/city?

Called them and someone has said he'll investigate and have a resolution (either the parcel or a replacement sent out) by 10am tomorrow when he will call me back, however the courier they use only has an email contact....

i'm actually lost for words over the situation (oh look as i type i've got an update, lets read it...)

Firstly, please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused by this delay.

I've checked and can see that your order #205-xxxxxxx-6489117 was sent to the following address:

112 Someplace Road

Roundhay Leeds

I understand you weren't able to locate your parcel, even though tracking says it's been delivered to door number108.

Please don't worry if your tracking states your parcel has been delivered but you don’t yet have it. It may have been left with a neighbour . Sometimes a carrier will accidentally scan a parcel as delivered when it's still on the way. In these cases, we expect it to arrive within one business day. In the unlikely event that you haven't received your parcel by January 10 2014, please let us know by replying to this e-mail and we'll assist you further.

We ask you to wait until then because this order may reach you before a replacement order would. Creating a replacement order at this stage may result in you having to return one of the items. We take full responsibility if any item becomes lost during delivery and will be happy to replace it free of charge, or refund you if a replacement is unavailable.

In the meantime, please check with your neighbours or members of your household to find out whether they’ve taken delivery of the parcel on your behalf. Occasionally, parcels that are at first thought to be lost turn out to have been left with a neighbour or delivered to a safe location.

Oh so they've already lied, they expect me to go door to door....despite me telling them i already have!, and no word on that call back only that i should contact them again

Jokers

But they're quite limited in what they can do. Ultimately their hands are still tied by the shitty lying company that is Amazon Logistics.

Amazon use DPD where I live and they are easily the best delivery service I've experienced.

The day before the delivery they send you a text and email telling you to expect it the next day and give you the option to rearrange for another day, ask to leave it in a safe place, or leave with a neighbour. The morning of the delivery they again text and email you giving an hour delivery slot and again let you rearrange/safe place/neighbour.

If you ask them to leave it in a safe place or with a neighbour they'll text and email as soon as they have done so saying who they left it with. If left in a safe place they'll send you a photo so you know it's there. You can also track them on their website and see how many deliveries before yours and how long it will be.

I honestly don't think it is possible for their service to be any better.

^ I'm sorry to say Eddage but it probably won't last.

This thread is 18 months old, and when it was started I was pretty surprised by the reactions. I didn't realise "Amazon Logistics" was an actual thing, I thought you just meant the logistics they utilise. I used to get all my deliveries by DPD and thought they were great. As you've said, tracking and service with them was brilliant.

But then I guess in the last 2-3 months, Amazon Logistics hit South Yorkshire and now it's all gone to shit. It's basically local delivery drivers picking up parcels from the nearest distribution center (Leeds) every day and then delivering in their local area. They can come up to ridiculously late hours, have no tracking, sometimes don't post an item even though it would clearly fit through the letterbox. Sometimes I think they just see that something is too far away and say they attempted delivery. And why wouldn't they? There's no proof, no accountability, they just have an iPhone app and a big car.

Last week I got a note "delivery was attempted". At a business address. Logistics companies know business addresses, and only deliver in working hours. I work at somewhere with a permanently manned reception during business hours, so I know they didn't try to deliver it, not on time, at least.

I'm sure this doesn't apply to all, or even the majority of the delivery people, but just one or two is enough to make Amazon Prime seem like a complete waste of money. They already hiked up the cost for their shitty third-rate video service nobody wanted in the first place (and doesn't work on a 2013 N7, a flagship Android device) and now they're not even justifying the original price tag.

Oh, didn't realise the thread was so old/Amazon Logistics was an actual thing :/

Well as long as Amazon use DPD here I'll continue using Prime, after that I guess I'll just see how it turns out.

^ I'm sorry to say Eddage but it probably won't last.

This thread is 18 months old, and when it was started I was pretty surprised by the reactions. I didn't realise "Amazon Logistics" was an actual thing, I thought you just meant the logistics they utilise. I used to get all my deliveries by DPD and thought they were great. As you've said, tracking and service with them was brilliant.

But then I guess in the last 2-3 months, Amazon Logistics hit South Yorkshire and now it's all gone to shit. It's basically local delivery drivers picking up parcels from the nearest distribution center (Leeds) every day and then delivering in their local area. They can come up to ridiculously late hours, have no tracking, sometimes don't post an item even though it would clearly fit through the letterbox. Sometimes I think they just see that something is too far away and say they attempted delivery. And why wouldn't they? There's no proof, no accountability, they just have an iPhone app and a big car.

Last week I got a note "delivery was attempted". At a business address. Logistics companies know business addresses, and only deliver in working hours. I work at somewhere with a permanently manned reception during business hours, so I know they didn't try to deliver it, not on time, at least.

I'm sure this doesn't apply to all, or even the majority of the delivery people, but just one or two is enough to make Amazon Prime seem like a complete waste of money. They already hiked up the cost for their shitty third-rate video service nobody wanted in the first place (and doesn't work on a 2013 N7, a flagship Android device) and now they're not even justifying the original price tag.

Yeah amazon logistics are a very "cowboy" like company, Ive had parcels delivered up to 10pm before by amazon, and thought at the time it was great service....until this event when i've looked more into how it is run now

They called me back Saturday at 11:00am and asked if i'd received my parcel, as i can only assume they'd not heard a peep out of the courier, at which point they decided to replace the parcel...

It arrived Sunday morning 10:45, the bloke was knocking on the door, i shouted loudly just let me get the key, and he knocked again instantly, and again at which point i opened the door, he was walking down the steps to leave...he handed me the parcel, never asked my name, never took a signature never scanned the box (the labels had the rip off bit for signatures and proof of delivery)...then he returned to his delivery van, a battered old vauxhall Zafira - just an ordinary car....apart from the rear was full from presumably footwell to roof with parcels of varying size! The way they were wedged in i can't see how fragile items would survive

If he opened the boot they'd have all spilled onto the road.....

No wonder they deliver so late some times and on non postal days, its probably when the driver feels like going out, or is driving in the vicinity for something!

When i got into work i looked up on our mapping system for any 108's my steet or surrounding streets, non exist, neither is there another road with the same name in the city (assuming they ignored the post code)....given how they work i can only assume the driver never came as he either couldn't be bothered, the parcel had fallen out/been damaged, or he had no idea where it was

The one in my area seems to have grasped the concept of delivering to the actual business when the business is inside a location with multiple businesses. I ordered my kindle last night at 7:30 and surprisingly arrived before 10 today (the estimates said Tuesday).

And it's always amusing to see the courier come to the 6th floor when it's something like a Blu-Ray (the regular post gets delivered to the security lodge).

Amazon are one of the worst companies on the planet, irrespective of their disgusting policies with regards to cheapening EVERYTHING, their deliveries are terrible. I've had 3 times when they said they couldn't deliver a product to my office, even though its a public building - ANYONE can access it, pure lies. Even this week I had a delivery of a note saying sorry, we accidentally delivered to 76 instead. We're 85. Not even close.

I realise they use external companies, but it's all in the amazon name. I really do detest them! But they're crazy cheap... the dilemna!

In some cases, i've used Amazon and they've used DPD. Had no issues with them as they do text/email to advise the package is in transit and if you are not in, offering a neighbour/safe place drop off. So at least you know it's been delivered safely when you get home.

However, in recent weeks i've started using the Amazon Prime locker service for smaller items (aka Blu-rays, books, games etc). So at least it gets delivered to one of the lockers on my route home, so no more finding the time to pop down the sorting office or waiting in. Quite handy, Amazon tell you it's in the locker and they give you a locker code to grant access to the package.

sometimes don't post an item even though it would clearly fit through the letterbox.

I had a great one at the weekend. No idea which company it was delivering but he put it underneath my doormat when it easily could've fit through the letter box.

After getting another delivery last night (from a relaly nice delivery dude actually) I realised it was probably 'Amazon Logistics' or any old dude with a van.