NEurope
Grazza

Super Mario 3D World (Nov 29th)

So shit, just noticed the levels all have timers. I hate timers.

So yeah it really is the 3DLand/NSMB series on Wii U.

So yeah it really is the 3DLand/NSMB series on Wii U.

It's just the 3D Land series on Wii, which is completely different to NSMB. There are three different types of Mario game, this is the middle tier.

Give me the '3D' type over NSMB any day!

@Aneres11 Yep. Well no, but it just fully clicked with me what the implications of this means... that this really isn't a '3D Mario' at all.

Yeah, well what can we do, they decided to do 3D-land style game over a proper 3D-Mario now. I just wonder what's the reasoning here, Nintendo thinks this will sell better than an HD, innovating-like-Galaxy Mario would do? Now that would make me buy the system (if I didn't have it), 3D World no.

I really wonder what's going on at Nintendo. It seems as if their creative, collective brain is totally frozen now, and they just churn out something really safe because they can't think of anything else. It's really weird...

Yeah, well what can we do, they decided to do 3D-land style game over a proper 3D-Mario now. I just wonder what's the reasoning here, Nintendo thinks this will sell better than an HD, innovating-like-Galaxy Mario would do? Now that would make me buy the system (if I didn't have it), 3D World no.

I really wonder what's going on at Nintendo. It seems as if their creative, collective brain is totally frozen now, and they just churn out something really safe because they can't think of anything else. It's really weird...

Didn't Galaxy sell relatively disappointing numbers, and didn't 3D Land sell really well?

3D World leans far more towards Galaxy than NSMB anyway.

Didn't Galaxy sell relatively disappointing numbers, and didn't 3D Land sell really well?

Galaxy 1 sold around 10m units, which is about the same as Super Mario 64 did...Sunshine did worse at 6m. Galaxy 2 managed to bring in just 7 million

Super Mario 3D Land has reached 8.3m and is still climbing

Didn't you hear? There's a Tropical Freeze going on :p

Does it?

Galaxy has imaginative themes for it's worlds. Expansive levels and Stars.

Where as NSMB has the traditional Mario themes and the 4 playable traditional Mario characters. Both of which are present in Super Mario 3D World. Same with the flagpole's and countdown timer.

I'd say this game was on the 3DLand-NSMB side of things than the 3DLand-Galaxy side of things.

Disappointing? Wow!

Only Nintendo could sell over 17 million units over two titles and it be called disappointing!

My brother hasn't shown much, if any, interest in my Wii U since he generously bought it for me at Christmas. However, having walked into my room yesterday while I was watching the Developer Direct of Super Mario 3D World has somehow convinced him to pick up a Wii U, Nintendo Land and New Super Mario Bros U today on his lunch break :eek:

It's working, Nintendo :bouncy:

Does it?

Galaxy has imaginative themes for it's worlds. Expansive levels and Stars.

Where as NSMB has the traditional Mario themes and the 4 playable traditional Mario characters. Both of which are present in Super Mario 3D World. Same with the flagpole's and countdown timer.

I'd say this game was on the 3DLand-NSMB side of things than the 3DLand-Galaxy side of things.

I guess it depends what vibe you personally feel. I just see things like this which scream Galaxy rather than bland NSMB.

mario.jpg

It's obviously a mixture of both but to me it feels much closer to the former, regardless of a timer or flag pole.

Those flip switch floors sections will be a nightmare with 4 players.

True, true, I was being a bit selective with the footage I was remembering. It's a middle ground.

I only just noticed that Tanooki Suit Mario is in those screenshots

Those flip switch floors sections will be a nightmare with 4 players.

..and potentially hilarious :grin:

And it looks like they are riding i the spiritual successor to the boot from MB3 and using it as an ice skate in one too!

Edited by Agent Gibbs

Didn't Miyamoto confirmed this on Tuesday when talking to Geoff on GT?

Didn't Miyamoto confirmed this on Tuesday when talking to Geoff on GT?

Did he say... "IT'S A NEW SUIT GEOFF!"?

Did he say... "IT'S A NEW SUIT GEOFF!"?
There has already been confirmation it's in the game, maybe it wasn't from there, but I've heard someone say it.

IGN [i think] confirmed the Frog suit too the other day.

So is this a sequel to Super Mario World or Super Mario 3D Land? :P

Super Mario Bros 2, Super Mario 3D Land, Super Mario Galaxy :)

So is this a sequel to Super Mario World or Super Mario 3D Land? :P

Super Mario 2. :wink:

There has already been confirmation it's in the game, maybe it wasn't from there, but I've heard someone say it.

IGN [i think] confirmed the Frog suit too the other day.

I was just joking Retro.

What with Reggie shouting at Geoff last year regarding Batman "It's a new game Geoff".