NEurope
Grazza

Super Mario 3D World (Nov 29th)

I think Nintendo needs to clarify this once and for all. Although I think it's pretty telling that neither the ND nor the director videos said nothing about online. Also no mention of online in the NOA or NOE descriptions.

Edited by Ville

Astonished by the backlash at this. :eek: I think it looks fantastic.

And Cat Mario!? :love::love::love: Man, my head almost exploded when I saw that! :heh:

Can't wait to get my paws on this one. :hehe:

Cat Mario just adds to the LCD factor of this game! I just feel it's such a cheap copout; it's 3D land meets NSMB. Where's our 3D mario ala SM64 etc?

They wanted to do multiplayer Mario for a while, and finally can thanks t the power of the Wii U

lolwut. ultimate trolling, good job.

I wouldn't call this simple 3D

Seriously, there's like no difference between 3D World And say Mario 64 except one has linear levels (you still look for stars though)

That is a huge difference. Not to mention all the other huge differences.

Seriously, there's like no difference between 3D World And say Mario 64 except one has linear levels (you still look for stars though)
The levels are more varied and imaginative and there's a greater sense of exploration and excitement IMO.

Weird thing to say Serebii, 3D land has levels you can complete in a few minutes, Mario 64 has a whole world to explore, and each of the world within that are massive. They're completely different. You could ARGUE Galaxy 2 is quite similar to 3Dland, just isolated levels etc But even then... Let's just hope this turns out to be incredible like they all do. I'm certain people were negative about 3D land when it was first announced, levels bland, short etc Look how that turned out!

I just wonder why it has to be so ultra-friggin-simple graphically. You have the power now Nintendo (...), so use it goddamnit.

I don't get the complaints about aesthetics. Super Mario 3D World has the exact same art style as Super Mario Galaxy, just without bloom

super-mario-galaxy-2-20090602012052378_640w.jpg1283179-p2yw9apfbtyhjpb1ivhpvcongseogkdn.jpgmargal2-1.jpg

Compared with

ss1.jpgss9.jpgss4.jpg

@Ville bringing you here as you made a similar comment in the Morning After thread

Plus, it does look like it plays like Galaxy. Too many are making rash judgments

All impressions match

I just wonder why it has to be so ultra-friggin-simple graphically. You have the power now Nintendo (...), so use it goddamnit.

EDGE suspects Super Mario 3D World was originally in development for 3DS

Coming from their hands-on...

By name alone, one can surmise that Super Mario 3D World is a sequel to the 3DS’s 3D Land. It’s so similar, in fact, that it arouses suspicions that it was once a 3DS sequel, quickly diverted for release on Wii U with the understanding that Nintendo’s flagging console needed a Mario game, and quickly. We saw plenty of examples of asset and idea recycling from its 3DS predecessor, including the exclamation mark boxes that teleport the player between stage sections, during our time with the game.

I guess that's certainly possible, but would Nintendo already be working on a sequel to Super Mario 3D Land for the 3DS at this point, and actually have it ready for release this year? Seems a little too quick of a turnaround for me, unless both titles were being developed alongside one another. Thanks to all those that sent this in.

http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=204903

That's the why.

Oh, well if Edge suspects it...

I know, it's as good as Gospel and your welcome.

The stars in 3D World look much more like the Yoshi Coins in Super Mario World or Star Coins in NSMB where they're just scattered throughout the level which you collect along the way to the flagpole. Nothing like exploring an entire level where gaining a single star is your end goal.

The stars in 3D World look much more like the Yoshi Coins in Super Mario World or Star Coins in NSMB where they're just scattered throughout the level which you collect along the way to the flagpole. Nothing like exploring an entire level where gaining a single star is your end goal.

I'm just thankful it's something a bit different, so sick of star coins and the sound they make when you collect them.

The end goal is obviously the flag now. Ad this is a fucking crushing disappointment. Linear, beginning to end, no exploration or task based stars :( So depressing. I also fear they'll strip just how much control web ave over mario. Galaxy is the most joyous game I have ever played, in art due to how incredible he was to control!

The end goal is obviously the flag now. Ad this is a fucking crushing disappointment. Linear, beginning to end, no exploration or task based stars :( So depressing. I also fear they'll strip just how much control web ave over mario. Galaxy is the most joyous game I have ever played, in art due to how incredible he was to control!

I too am sick of the flag pole, but we'll get our exploration star-based Mario sooner or later. This certainly isn't meant to replace it.

Stuff you all.. this is gonna be AWESOME :bouncy: I love the SNES Instruction Booklet style drawings of the characters in the top left of the screen :yay:

As for the complaints of what appears to be a more linear approach over what was experienced in Super Mario 64, I think I prefer it this way as you get plenty of variety and Nintendo always deliver when making the game accessible enough for anyone to play whilst incorporating hidden collectables to encourage exploration and increase the difficulty for those who crave the challenge :smile:

Why do people think a game like this would be laggy online? There are a lot more complex online games than Mario. Lag is just not an issue these days, the last game I remember that had terrible, unplayable lag was.... oh it was Smash Bros Brawl.

Ahhhh, I remember the good old days, blah, blah, blah. It seems that a lot of people look back at the absolutely wonderful Super Mario 3D Land (which I admired from the first screenshots, and loved even more when playing) now with rose-tinted admiration. I remember when the first videos were shown, most people were saying WTF, Nintendo promised us a 'proper' 3D Mario, look what they've done to us.

This game is going to blow my socks off, I don't care what others think any more because whatever Ninty do, they just can't please you.

Yeah, the return of Frog Mario

large.jpg

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/06/frog_suit_confirmed_for_super_mario_3d_world

Edited by londragon
Info, info, info

Ahhhh, I remember the good old days, blah, blah, blah. It seems that a lot of people look back at the absolutely wonderful Super Mario 3D Land (which I admired from the first screenshots, and loved even more when playing) now with rose-tinted admiration. I remember when the first videos were shown, most people were saying WTF, Nintendo promised us a 'proper' 3D Mario, look what they've done to us.

This game is going to blow my socks off, I don't care what others think any more because whatever Ninty do, they just can't please you.

While I get your point, I think that pleasing the fans should be easy. Everyone's shouting out what's wrong in an unisone voice. Open, non-linear levels, a camera system closer to the character like in Mario 64/Sunshine, a game world that isn't so obviously built from tiles.

And in regards to people not being happy with Twilight Princess, it wasn't because of the art style, because that was cool. I personally found the dog sections really booring and Hyrule just wasn't fun to explore.

Seriously, what do you think GTA fans would say if GTA 5 would be built from tiles and have a dumbed down camera like the original GTA? And the open world would be divided into linear sections, each featuring one mission.

3D Land was a charming deviation, which I'll probably get for my 3DS quite soon and 3D world might be a purchase as well. But not before Nintendo show off a 3D Mario done right. I'm voting with my wallet, and if this is this generations 3D Mario experience, it gets thumbs down, if it's a fun deviation that Nintendo created to fill in a gap in their lineup, I'll buy it. Simple as that.

That being said, Mario World is hardly UGLY and the cat powerup is stonking brilliant. And while the levels are too linear, they do seem ever so slightly less linear than in Galaxy.

While I get your point, I think that pleasing the fans should be easy. Everyone's shouting out what's wrong in an unisone voice. Open, non-linear levels, a camera system closer to the character like in Mario 64/Sunshine, a game world that isn't so obviously built from tiles.

And in regards to people not being happy with Twilight Princess, it wasn't because of the art style, because that was cool. I personally found the dog sections really booring and Hyrule just wasn't fun to explore.

Seriously, what do you think GTA fans would say if GTA 5 would be built from tiles and have a dumbed down camera like the original GTA? And the open world would be divided into linear sections, each featuring one mission.

3D Land was a charming deviation, which I'll probably get for my 3DS quite soon and 3D world might be a purchase as well. But not before Nintendo show off a 3D Mario done right. I'm voting with my wallet, and if this is this generations 3D Mario experience, it gets thumbs down, if it's a fun deviation that Nintendo created to fill in a gap in their lineup, I'll buy it. Simple as that.

That being said, Mario World is hardly UGLY and the cat powerup is stonking brilliant. And while the levels are too linear, they do seem ever so slightly less linear than in Galaxy.

The camera system is apparently like that in single player so don't fret

I admire your ability to focus on the important points.

I don't like to repeat myself :)