NEurope
Grazza

Super Mario 3D World (Nov 29th)

Anyone (who can say something) know if the epic trailer music is in the game itself? I know the E3 one is.

supermario3dworldpreorder.jpg

I want this. :(

*Holds furry Mario GAME slipcover close and pets it, sobbing*

We... we got the best... pre-order... offer...

New Super Mario 3D World Commercial Stresses Multiplayer Aspect

https://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=G5w6W_xJaTk

A new commercial released by Nintendo of America for the upcoming Super Mario 3D World is titled “Be Together” and emphasizes playing together with family. It shows off the four player multiplayer aspect that game has been designed around further emphasizes that this holiday season, Nintendo is trying to appeal to casual gamers and families with releases such as Wii Fit U, Wii Party U, and Wii Sports Club. What do you think about Nintendo’s marketing strategy going into this upcoming holiday season for the Wii U? Should they be catering more towards the core gamer?

http://mynintendonews.com/2013/11/12/new-super-mario-3d-world-commercial-stresses-multiplayer-aspect/#comment-676514

This ad is cringy and embarrassing. Move over Kinder.

Just remember, adverts such as this aren't aimed at us

I know, still doesn't make it any less tacky to me though.

What irks me are those who complained how unoriginal this was and then, in the same post, said they should have done a new Galaxy

This is essentially the fifth New series game in eight years, whereas it's been what, six years since Galaxy 2 (in bed, can't be bothered to check). Neither is a new experience, but one is fresher.

Ah well, can't change it now :p

This is essentially the fifth New series game in eight years, whereas it's been what, six years since Galaxy 2 (in bed, can't be bothered to check). Neither is a new experience, but one is fresher.

Ah well, can't change it now :p

What the frak are you on about?

This is the second in the Super Mario 3D series. It's nothing like NSMB except in that it has Mario and has Mario style visuals.

Also, Galaxy 2 was 3 years ago

Edited by Serebii

This is the second in the Super Mario 3D series. It's nothing like NSMB except in that it has Mario and has Mario style visuals.

That and it's easy, multiplayer, short and f@rts out powerups at a rate of knots and will most likely end up with a score like NSMBWU.

That and it's easy, multiplayer, short and f@rts out powerups at a rate of knots and will most likely end up with a score like NSMBWU.

Oh right...well then, guess that means Killzone is just another Halo. CoD another Medal of Honor etc.

That sort of reasoning is the thing that is wrong with the current gaming community, and what is wrong with people here.

Come on...use your bloody head.

Also, it's not short, and easy is relative.

Oh right...well then, guess that means Killzone is just another Halo. CoD another Medal of Honor etc.

That sort of reasoning is the thing that is wrong with the current gaming community, and what is wrong with people here.

Come on...use your bloody head.

Also, it's not short, and easy is relative.

Let's wait for the reviews but I think we'll be hearing too short and too easy as criticisms of this game. I've seen nothing and I mean nothing so far that is remotely challenging. I challenge you to show me a difficult level or even a long level for that matter? Who's this game aimed at again? Fa.il.

Let's wait for the reviews but I think we'll be hearing too short and too easy as criticisms of this game. I've seen nothing and I mean nothing so far that is remotely challenging. I challenge you to show me a difficult level or even a long level for that matter? Who's this game aimed at again? Fa.il.

Really? Because many reviewers came out saying that the statement about it being too short and too easy were wrong.

As has been discussed here, Mario games are always "short" and "easy" to rush through from start to finish, doing as little as possible. The challenge is in the finding of secrets, the hidden levels etc.

Edited by Serebii

Really? Because many reviewers came out saying that the statement about it being too short and too easy were wrong.

If it is too short and easy then review scores won't even matter, it'll be wrong in my eyes and others I'm sure and I won't be buying it. It looks nice and all but looks only get you so far.

I'm saying it plays a lot like the New series.

And only three years? [melting clock image]

So when will reviews of this be showing up?

19th

I'm saying it plays a lot like the New series.

And only three years? [melting clock image]

19th

How can a game play like a game in a different genre?

You can already see people literally wetting their pants hoping that this flops. I'm sure it will get a few savage reviews too.

I love hearing about how Nintendo whore out their franchises when it's a case of one per system of most of their key franchises - two at most. One Mario Kart, one NSMB, there were two 3D Mario games on the Wii, two Zelda games, two Wii Sports titles, two Kirby games and one Smash Bros.

Yet the same sites that seem to savage Nintendo over these franchises seem to lap up the new COD, the new Assassins Creed and the new FIFA. Put things into perspective, there have been 7 2D Mario games on home consoles since the NES, we're already on the 5th Halo, the fourth Killzone and the 10th COD all in two generations!

Famitsu have given this 38/40 9/10/9/10, while Game Informer gave it a 10. Not too shabby :)

Edit: the GI review was for the new Zelda, sorry! Filled with flu so my brain is mush!

Edited by daftada

Famitsu have given this 38/40 9/10/9/10, while Game Informer gave it a 10. Not too shabby :)

Nooooo!!!!!!!!! You just beat me to it. Ggrrrr.

Looking good. Can't wait to get me some more Mario goodness. Also going to teach gf to play this game with me. She hasn't really played before, but I'm already teaching her to play Ocarina of Time.

This game will be a blast, I'm sure of it.

There's a difference between whoring out your franchises and whoring out your characters creating fatigue.

Anyway, to me this looks like an incredible co-op, specifically 2 player game. I think that's the only way I'd want to approach it/buy it, in order to get a feeling of something new from a Mario game. Haven't played a co-op Mario before, so that can be the fake next gen feature/development for the series for me ;p

There's a difference between whoring out your franchises and whoring out your characters creating fatigue.

Anyway, to me this looks like an incredible co-op, specifically 2 player game. I think that's the only way I'd want to approach it/buy it, in order to get a feeling of something new from a Mario game. Haven't played a co-op Mario before, so that can be the fake next gen feature/development for the series for me ;p

Not their fault that if it's not Mario, guns or football, nobody bothers to buy any games. </SlightHyperbole>

Edited by Serebii