NEurope
Grazza

Super Mario 3D World (Nov 29th)

As long as it isn't another NEW game, I'm happy. Hell, it's the SMB2 cast with their respective powers, that's a good place to start.

And I actually like Cat Mario :3 From what I've seen, I think they could make a whole new game out of that power-up (climbing walls, homing attacks, etc.). Then again, that game might already be Sonic: Lost World :heh:

Well doesn't Little Big Planet 2 have 4-player online multiplayer? Also, how is a platformer different from other games? I mean if Battlefield 3 can support 24 players shooting each other over huge land masses, then how having four people in a platform game is suddenly impossible? Sounds really weird...

Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One also had online 4 player co-op. That's a 3D platformer where you are picking up each other and flinging them around the place.

are we sure it isn't online multiplayer? because during the developer direct video when talking abut touch pad controls he is going on about revealing hidden items and says its a good way to show others where you've found a hidden item (or words to that effect), well if its local multiplayer surely you can freaking tell them since you are in the same room, so is it a suggestion that its allows online too, as then visual clues would be necessary....(obviously no voice chat if it is online)

4.21 onward think his exact words are "this is a good way to let others no you've found something in multiplayer"

seems an odd way to say that, if its local, perhaps its just my wishful thinking

are we sure it isn't online multiplayer? because during the developer direct video when talking abut touch pad controls he is going on about revealing hidden items and says its a good way to show others where you've found a hidden item (or words to that effect), well if its local multiplayer surely you can freaking tell them since you are in the same room, so is it a suggestion that its allows online too, as then visual clues would be necessary....(obviously no voice chat if it is online)

4.21 onward think his exact words are "this is a good way to let others no you've found something in multiplayer"

seems an odd way to say that, if its local, perhaps its just my wishful thinking

Unless if it's some kind of a Miiverse hint system? I.e. that your markings are shown to people on your friends list or something?

Whoah, that dinosaur looks good.

Now I've watched the developer interview, I am looking forward to this a lot. When I saw it in the Nintendo Direct, I didn't really feel disappointment, more disbelief. It's hard to explain, but there's no way I thought the next 3D Mario would be like this - it looked so zoomed-out, like you're controlling Mario through little playsets. Now I've taken a closer look, there are moments that could be out of a more traditional 3D Mario, and it looks like it'll be a great game.

I hope you can control the camera with the right-hand analogue stick though. Much easier than changing the angle of the GamePad.

I think he just meant that if you touch it on the GamePad, the other players will see your "glove" on the TV, and be able to discover the block themselves.

Plus it has only local multiplayer, wtf. This makes no sense anymore, Nintendo have totally lost it...

And there we go, I'll now not buy it.

As long as a Galaxy/Mario 64 esque game is along the way and this game is just to tide things over in the meantime then it is somewhat acceptable. The direct feed trailers + screenshots certainly make this and Kart look a lot better than the live feed.

I think they could have resisted telling us another 3D Mario was on the way in the January Nintendo Direct. The hype level was going to be tough to deliver on when we were all expecting something better than Galaxy.

I...quite like the look of this now. I disliked it at first, but it's not going to be THE 3D Mario on the system. It's almost like another pillar. On the Wii, you had Galaxy for the hardcore, and NSMB for the casuals. This is somewhere between. It's almost like a new series in itself.

It looks good, but I worry about it being too samey or too similar to SM3DLand.

Well said, it certainly seems to be a midway point between the 'New' series and the Galaxy one.

I'm confident the next step will be Galaxy 3/Universe, until then, this looks fantastic :)

9017452964_301e4687fd_o.jpg

I bet this won't support the Pro Controller, just like Nintendoland! It'll be a criminal decision if not!

I for one am SO EXCITED FOR THIS GAME!

The four player Co-op is a MASSIVE step up for a 3D mario game.

If you've ever played New Super Mario bros Wii or U in 4 player co-op mode, you'll notice how ridiculously fun it gets, how much you'll be laughing and enjoying the whole experience with friends and family. Throwing this into a 3D environment is literally my dream come true.

The 4 players aren't just mario with a bunch of toads - each character has a unique ability and that's always fun! I personally think from the trailer that this game captures the heart of true local co-op gaming. It'll be that game you'd be bringing the peoples' houses and stuff!

I bet this won't support the Pro Controller, just like Nintendoland! It'll be a criminal decision if not!

Already announced that it does :)

It's confirmed it does. :hug:

(and I love the cartoony avatar GFX!)

So do I! It's a lovely touch and adds more charm to this game.

This is another game that I'm certain will play great, even better with the local multiplayer as I know there will always be some family members or friends who'd want to play along with me. I do however feel for those that may not get the maximum enjoyment out of this.

Don't read this the wrong way, I know this game has been designed for 1 or more players nor would playing on your own detract from your enjoyment, but I'm also certain that it will be one of those that benefit from having 4 people in one room having a blast together.

Still haven't seen the Developer Direct mind you (just in case I've missed something).

I never really took to Galaxy. I much preferred 64 and Sunshine.

This however appears to be a 3d version on Mario Bros. 2. So that's great. :D

Well said, it certainly seems to be a midway point between the 'New' series and the Galaxy one.

This is something that worries me the most about more recent Nintendo games. The casual pleasing factor absolutely destroyed my MK7 experience. It better not taint Pikmin as apparently that's 'new user friendly'. But I always thought most casuals could pick up any of the last two games and get something out of them?

I thought Nintendo games have always been accessible to all with plenty of depth for 'gamers' to dig into, but some games can get insultingly dumbed down just for the casual dollar.

I never really took to Galaxy. I much preferred 64 and Sunshine.

This however appears to be a 3d version on Mario Bros. 2. So that's great. :D

Between this, Ronnie not knowing who David Wise is and Dem0 never playing the original DKC games I think i'm ready to leave this " Nintendo " forum. :D

Between this, Ronnie not knowing who David Wise is and Dem0 never playing the original DKC games I think i'm ready to leave this " Nintendo " forum. :D

Whoa whoa whoa - we're not all as old as you old man Hero. :laughing:

I kid I kid.

More gems for people to discover though in the wait for all these amazing games coming to Wii U - that's what I say!!

Already announced that it does :)

It's confirmed it does. :hug:

Some faith restored! Still can't see myself buying it mind given that there's no online co-op.

I didnt realise there was a DKC trilogy until the other day. Ive only played the first one.

I didnt realise there was a DKC trilogy until the other day. Ive only played the first one.

..........! :D